Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone know Tommy's Heath Condition?  (Read 24618 times)

horsethief

Re: Anyone know Tommy's Heath Condition?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 09:53:31 PM »

It is important that we all pray that Tommy Shelton receive a prison sentence that is commensurate to his crimes and that his health is considered adequate enough to where he is imprisoned with the general prison population. This keeps children in the community who might otherwise be in Tommy's reach much safer.

Johann

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »

When I was an academy student, there was a certain male faculty member who would always make friendly gestures to the cute freshman and sophomore girls who's homes were far away and almost never returned home on home leaves because of the distance. Every day we would observe him showing up in the cafeteria kitchen where one of the girls worked and put a sticky note on her timecard. A couple of us got the courage up to read his notes. Stuff like "you dress real nice today". or "have a great day, you look real cute." This kind of behavior was reported to other staff. They always had an excuse for it, or denied it ever happened. The usual excuse was "He's a Christian. He would never do that." It never reached a reprimand level. Incidentally, this was the staff member that always seemed to catch the student couples making out and would put them on social or suspend them. Many students over the years complained about how this staff member would make friendly with the young freshman or sophomore girls. Years after I finished academy I heard the same complaints from students who had attended there after me. This continued until he caught a young sophomore girl in the campus swimming pool with a male student. Of course he busts them and they got suspended. But the staff member made a stupid mistake and wrote the girl a note telling her how good she looked in a bikini. She gave that note to her parents, who contacted an attorney, who contacted the academy. The staff member immedietly resigned.

The point I am making is that there were several warnings about this guy to the other staff. There was no way that they could say they never knew of the problem and how it persisted over the years. At 3ABN, there were several warnings about Tommy's behavior and tendencies. It was all denied and pushed aside with the "Tommy's a Christian" excuse. Some you couldn't blame because they feared the wrath of Danny Shelton and risk losing their job over it. But the higher ups in 3ABN knew of Tommy's crimes and they tried to suppress them and cover it up. These are the guilty ones. These are the ones who deserve to be exposed for their willfull negligence and cruelty.

Have you seen any improvements since you wrote this story?

horsethief

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »

It's a sickness Johann. It's happened too many times in our SDA institutions. At 3abn, the people who knew of Tommy's behavior were afraid to speak up because they had already witnessed how Danny Shelton sacked Jean Fiscallini and then did everything possible to trash his reputation even after he was gone. That's what cult leaders do to people who stand up and expose them for the criminals that they are.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up