Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Of Note in the Array of 3ABN Notables: Yvonne Lewis  (Read 55033 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Of Note in the Array of 3ABN Notables: Yvonne Lewis
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 05:31:37 PM »

Bob and Gailons litigation is over....has been for a while now, so why would they be watching it closesly?

And if you are speaking about my litigation why does th  GC care? They are not named as defendants.

Chuckling...  Not even worth the time to try to answer that...

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 07:32:22 PM »

In my few interactions with Yvonne I have found her to be a most charming, amiable and engaging woman. Were she a man of the late 18th century we might have equated her on many levels with Benjamin Franklin.

Johann

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »

In my few interactions with Yvonne I have found her to be a most charming, amiable and engaging woman. Were she a man of the late 18th century we might have equated her on many levels with Benjamin Franklin.

I agree to this from reading her book and then meeting her at her stand at the 2005 GC session - seven years ago.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »

Then congratulate Danny, and stop criticizing! It seems if they are together he has found a great woman!
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 02:04:22 AM »

Mollie was the General Manager, she is now the Vice President.

Johann

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 03:01:57 AM »

Then congratulate Danny, and stop criticizing! It seems if they are together he has found a great woman!

I agree with you on this, Alex. We should not allow any undue criticism of Yvonne on this forum. If you see anyone doing this, let me know.

horsethief

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »

I question Yvonne's judgement if she is romantically linked to a man who divorced his wife with no Biblical grounds then quickly linked up with a much younger woman.

For that matter, I question the judgement of anyone doing business or being employed at 3ABN.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:43 AM »

Horsethief, I cannot say I disagree, but Danny is single and can be with who he choses, as can Linda.

Note: I say this having seen absolutley NO evidence that Danny and Yvvonne are even together.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »

I agree with you on this, Alex. We should not allow any undue criticism of Yvonne on this forum. If you see anyone doing this, let me know.

And I will no longer discuss the issue of Linda...my point has been made and there is no need for me to discuss it any farther.
Alex L. Walker

horsethief

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 09:05:41 AM »

I also question the judgement of a person who has a romantic link to someone who tried to shield a child molestor from receiving justice. Don't tell me she wasn't aware of that.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 09:07:29 AM »

I question Yvonne's judgement if she is romantically linked to a man who divorced his wife with no Biblical grounds then quickly linked up with a much younger woman.

For that matter, I question the judgement of anyone doing business or being employed at 3ABN.

:goodpost:    :TY:

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 11:21:39 AM »

I agree, Snoopy.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 11:31:51 AM »

And I will no longer discuss the issue of Linda...my point has been made and there is no need for me to discuss it any farther.

Great!  And you did make a point, Alex...I'm just not sure it was the one you wanted to make...   :dunno:

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 05:25:37 PM »

Judgement:  Regardless of the circumstances, people who lose a long-term spouse, whether through death or divorce, whether it was a divorce that was wanted or one that was not wanted often experience a level of stress that results in poor judgemets on their part.  That stress can result in poor judgements related to marital partners--sometimes quick marriages and sometimes a rejection of marriage.

For Yovonne, the issue is not whether or not Danny made a poor decision related to Brandy.  The issue for her is where she believes that Danny is now and whether or not Danny is ready for marriage, if that should be considered, and whether or not she is ready to enter into a marital relationship with a man who is the center of so much conflict.

As to Brandy:  I doubt that she knew what she was getting into.   In my opinion, the intensity of the situation that she found herself in was probably more than many women could tolerate.  I have a lot of sympathy for Brandy.

I look at myself and realize that in a similar situation I could make poor decisions.  I found myself divorced after almost 12 years of marriage.  I did not re-marry for years.  My present wife and I will soon be marriled for 27 years.  If I were to lose her, I can well immagine that I might make some poor marital decisions.  I do not think that I am beyond that.  I have an understanding of where Danny may have been when he married Brandy.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:30:51 PM by Gregory »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 06:53:23 PM »

12 years + years + 27 years = lots of years.

Wow. I didn't realize that you were that seasoned, though I've always thought you were older than I.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up