Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAD President Dan Jackson Endorses 3ABN?  (Read 20454 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: NAD President Dan Jackson Endorses 3ABN?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »

Bob, could you explain a little more as to what was happening exactly with the case?

It's all a bit confusing.

What did you want explained more? The kickback scheme?

Yes, the kickback scheme.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 05:47:17 AM »

Bob, could you explain a little more as to what was happening exactly with the case?

It's all a bit confusing.

What did you want explained more? The kickback scheme?

Yes, the kickback scheme.

In 2001 and 2002, PPPA published three booklets by Danny: Can We Eat Anything?, Does God Love Sinners Forever?, and The Forgotten Day. Later these booklets came out in Spanish too. 3ABN appears to be a co-publisher.

Since PPPA was the publisher, PPPA paid royalties to Danny on sales of these booklets.

3ABN routinely buys things from PPPA, but did not buy these booklets from PPPA. Instead, 3ABN bought them from Danny at a higher price. That way Danny could get profit from the sales as well as royalties from PPPA.

The property tax decision came out in Jan. 2004, and it was crystal clear that Danny could not get royalties from his 3ABN activities. In fact, while the decision noted that Linda was receiving a small amount of royalties from her music, Danny never disclosed that he was receiving a sizable amount of royalties from his books.

In Jan. 2005 3ABN no longer was buying Danny's booklets from Danny. They were instead buying them from Remnant, for the same higher price, even though Remnant didn't stock them and had to have PPPA drop ship them.

Simpson admitted that Remnant paid Danny for those sales. That's a kickback. If Remnant had been the publisher, then maybe the payments could be called royalties, but PPPA was the publisher, not Remnant.

Why in the world would 3ABN but them at a higher price from Remnant instead of from Pacific Press? There is only one reason: To help Danny get his kickbacks.

The amount of the kickback payments I cannot disclose since this information is in the Remnant documents. However, based on Danny's tax returns for 2001 to 2003, one can infer that his profits on those booklets was between 27% and 32%. That means that 3ABN may have paid as much as 27/73 (37%) to 32/68 (47%) more for the booklets by buying them first through Danny, and then through Remnant, instead of directly from PPPA.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »

Simpson admitted that Remnant paid Danny for those sales. That's a kickback. If Remnant had been the publisher, then maybe the payments could be called royalties, but PPPA was the publisher, not Remnant.

Why in the world would 3ABN but them at a higher price from Remnant instead of from Pacific Press? There is only one reason: To help Danny get his kickbacks.

Very interesting!

Were both Remnant Publishing and Pacific Press Publishing association complicit in this?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 07:00:40 AM »

Very interesting!

Were both Remnant Publishing and Pacific Press Publishing association complicit in this?

I don't see how Remnant didn't know what was going on. Whether PPPA knew, I can't say.

MPrewitt3

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »

I work at 3ABN, and we would like to think that Dan Jackson "endorses" 3ABN, but "endorses" is a strong word, and that could only be safely determined from a direct statement by Dan Jackson himself. However, I think it is fair to say that Dan Jackson (and the GC and NAD administrations in general) are supportive of 3ABN, are friends of 3ABN. We see evidence of this all the time, and are thankful for their support. Dan Jackson was a featured speaker at our past 3ABN Pillars of Prophecy camp meeting (May 30-June 2, 2012). He spoke on the opening night (http://3abncampmeeting.org/schedule.html), and I seem to recall he has been a speaker for other 3ABN events in the past. I'm pretty sure he's been a guest on 3ABN Today, our flagship talk show, as well. So there is nothing particularly surprising about him speaking at an event alongside representatives of 3ABN.

Good to see you here MPrewitt. It has been 8 or 9 years since I saw you last time. Are you still doing the lay out - or even more? Probably not the same office?

Blessings,

Johann

Hi Johann,

I am still in the same general area. I'm now the Creative Director for the Publishing Department (and websites), and also the Web Manager (webmaster, as some call it) for 3ABN's various websites.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up