Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ken Denslow, Illinois Conference President, and 3ABN  (Read 13069 times)

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
Re: Ken Denslow, Illinois Conference President, and 3ABN
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 07:14:18 AM »

Any new President of the Illinois Conference would, no doubt, fill Pastor Denslow's seat.

In other words, the Seventh-day Adventist Church continues its close and supportive relationship with 3ABN.

Alyssa's notarized document was supposedly sent to Ken Denslow. When will he take care of it?

How did you expect him to take care of it, when no complaints or charges were filed and you didn't want Alyssa questioned about it, or involved in any "trial", Johann?

It so happened that a prominent leader in the General Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church phoned me on behalf of the Chairman of the Board of 3ABN, stating that the accusation of Linda's daughter was very serious if it was true. He presented to me the suggestion of 3ABN to question the girl to find out if her allegations really happened the way she had presented it in her written report.

We discussed  it back and forth. It appeared to me that the way the girl was supposed to be questioned would not assure her neutrality. We came to the conclusion that since the girl had signed her written statement before a notary public, and that she had mailed it to a Conference President, no other discussion should be necessary.

Because no affidavits have ever been filed against him and there are no complaints which have been made to 3abn, or the police, or his church from any so called victim. If there were, you would all have posted them long since, right?  The truth is so easy to prove with facts and evidence, isn't it? Liars always have a disadvantage in that area. ...
I can state this much that it was a "friend" who broke our confidence and "leaked" Linda's daughter's statement to people who were not supposed to receive it. This leakage caused an open discussion of her statement, which should not have taken place - and this is what Linda has in mind.

Fact is that Alyssa has never withdrawn her statement. She wrote it herself, and the intention was that is should go to leaders in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. She expected those leaders to investigate. . .  and not treat Alyssa as a criminal because she revealed her step-father's abuse.

When I was asked to get Alyssa to submit to the "trial", I was also told that 3ABN had no intention of changing any of the evil things they had done to Linda, even though Church leaders had tried to get them to renew their former "investigations".  My understanding was that they only wanted to get some people who had the skills to brand Alyssa as a liar to clear Danny's name.

Linda's concern was that Alyssa would not be exploited, humiliated, and destroyed any further than all what that cruel experience had done to her....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:50:42 AM by Ian »

Johann

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 07:58:15 AM »

Any new President of the Illinois Conference would, no doubt, fill Pastor Denslow's seat.

In other words, the Seventh-day Adventist Church continues its close and supportive relationship with 3ABN.

Alyssa's notarized document was supposedly sent to Ken Denslow. When will he take care of it?

How did you expect him to take care of it, when no complaints or charges were filed and you didn't want Alyssa questioned about it, or involved in any "trial", Johann?

It so happened that a prominent leader in the General Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church phoned me on behalf of the Chairman of the Board of 3ABN, stating that the accusation of Linda's daughter was very serious if it was true. He presented to me the suggestion of 3ABN to question the girl to find out if her allegations really happened the way she had presented it in her written report.

We discussed  it back and forth. It appeared to me that the way the girl was supposed to be questioned would not assure her neutrality. We came to the conclusion that since the girl had signed her written statement before a notary public, and that she had mailed it to a Conference President, no other discussion should be necessary.

Because no affidavits have ever been filed against him and there are no complaints which have been made to 3abn, or the police, or his church from any so called victim. If there were, you would all have posted them long since, right?  The truth is so easy to prove with facts and evidence, isn't it? Liars always have a disadvantage in that area. ...
I can state this much that it was a "friend" who broke our confidence and "leaked" Linda's daughter's statement to people who were not supposed to receive it. This leakage caused an open discussion of her statement, which should not have taken place - and this is what Linda has in mind.

Fact is that Alyssa has never withdrawn her statement. She wrote it herself, and the intention was that is should go to leaders in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. She expected those leaders to investigate. . .  and not treat Alyssa as a criminal because she revealed her step-father's abuse.

When I was asked to get Alyssa to submit to the "trial", I was also told that 3ABN had no intention of changing any of the evil things they had done to Linda, even though Church leaders had tried to get them to renew their former "investigations".  My understanding was that they only wanted to get some people who had the skills to brand Alyssa as a liar to clear Danny's name.

Linda's concern was that Alyssa would not be exploited, humiliated, and destroyed any further than all what that cruel experience had done to her....

What answer do you want that isn't there already?

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 08:01:18 AM »

We discussed  it back and forth. It appeared to me that the way the girl was supposed to be questioned would not assure her neutrality. We came to the conclusion that since the girl had signed her written statement before a notary public, and that she had mailed it to a Conference President, no other discussion should be necessary.

Because no affidavits have ever been filed against him and there are no complaints which have been made to 3abn, or the police, or his church from any so called victim. If there were, you would all have posted them long since, right?  The truth is so easy to prove with facts and evidence, isn't it? Liars always have a disadvantage in that area. ...

Fact is that Alyssa has never withdrawn her statement. She wrote it herself, and the intention was that is should go to leaders in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. She expected those leaders to investigate. . .  and not treat Alyssa as a criminal because she revealed her step-father's abuse.

When I was asked to get Alyssa to submit to the "trial", I was also told that 3ABN had no intention of changing any of the evil things they had done to Linda, even though Church leaders had tried to get them to renew their former "investigations".  My understanding was that they only wanted to get some people who had the skills to brand Alyssa as a liar to clear Danny's name.

What answer do you want that isn't there already?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:06:02 AM by Ian »

Johann

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 09:35:07 AM »

[/quote]

Look again before you keep asking the same question.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »

But the presence of that conference's president on the board of 3ABN does, does it not?

Yes, and I believe all the members of that board are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Are we absolutely sure of this statement? I still do not have proof of Romrell's baptism in an SDA church.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Johann

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 10:51:22 AM »

Yes, and I believe all the members of that board are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Are we absolutely sure of this statement? I still do not have proof of Romrell's baptism in an SDA church.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
[/quote]

Seems like Danny once told me they were. But I never asked for baptismal credentials.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up