Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN's 2007 Form 990  (Read 20315 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
3ABN's 2007 Form 990
« on: December 26, 2008, 06:44:07 AM »

Lot of interesting stuff in it. For one thing, legal fees for the year were $1,100,545. That's significantly higher than the reported figure for 2006 of $152,654.

The highest paid vendor was the law firm of Siegel Brill, receiving $631,330. Third highest was Fierst, Pucci, and Kane at $121,069. Seven of the eleven attorneys that have come after Gailon and myself come from those two firms.

Fifth highest vendor was Davis Wright Tremaine of Seattle at $68,127. Would that have anything to do with the trust services problems in Washington?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: 3ABN's 2007 Form 990
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 06:52:33 AM »

I maybe wouldn't have started this thread except for this: Jim Gilley signed his name as president and CEO on page 9, right under where it says, "Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return, including accompanying schedules and statements, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is true, correct, and complete."

The instructions for Part V-A state: "List each person who was a current officer, director, trustee, or key employee (defined below) of the organization or disregarded entity described in Regulations sections 301.7701-1 through 301.7701-3 at any time during the year even if they did not receive any compensation from the organization."

Under Part V 3ABN says to look at Statement 9. Turn to Statement 9 and Danny Shelton, not Jim Gilley, is listed as president! Jim Gilley isn't even listed as a director. Neither is Max Trevino, Garwin McNeilus, or Larry Romrell.

Anyone know what is going on? How could Jim Gilley sign the form as president when the form itself says that he isn't president, and that he isn't even a director? Or, how could they have gotten the list of board members wrong when the form wasn't signed until more than a year after Gilley came on board?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 02:38:04 PM by Bob Pickle »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 06:55:59 AM »

Line 75a says that there are 13 voting officers and directors. Yet statement 9 only lists 12 officers and directors. I don't believe that Larry Ewing, who is listed, was a voting officer, so that would mean that either two names are missing from the list in statement 9, or line 75a should really say 15 or so.

12 - Ewing = 11.

11 + Romrell + Gilley + Garwin + Trevino = 15.

Johann

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 06:59:23 AM »

It takes a long time to catch up?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 06:59:42 AM »

Do mistakes like these give you confidence that the organization is being managed in an efficient, competent manner? Or, what sort of explanation can be made for such errors? Why would they make such glaring mistakes?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 07:05:39 AM »

It takes a long time to catch up?

That can't be it, Johann. Linda was given the boot in May 2004 thanks to the bald faced lies of Brenda Walsh and Danny Shelton, and perhaps even John Lomacang since he claimed to have seen hundreds of hours of non-existent phone card phone records. The 2004 Form 990 does not list Linda as a current officer or director.

Also, allegedly through document fraud, Danny Shelton forced Nick Miller to resign in 2005. The 2005 Form 990 does not list Nick Miller as a director that year.

I just checked the 2004 and 2005 Form 990 instructions, and it looks like both Linda and Nick should have been reported as directors since they were such "at any time during the year."

And Danny and his cronies, including his brother Ronnie Shelton, want to claim that the IRS didn't find one single discrepancy? What a lie!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 07:11:32 AM »

Now here's a question I think every donor to 3ABN should demand an answer to: Did 3ABN pay Danny's personal, private legal expenses in this lawsuit?

If so, how come his compensation is listed as only $78,404?

Perhaps if Danny had to pay his own way, he'd have to go pro se like us. Wouldn't that be interesting? What sort of legal briefs would Danny write?

Now this isn't legal advice, since I'm not a licensed attorney, but I would strongly recommend that Danny not get ticked off at the judge and call him a chocolate covered pile of ____ like he called Dr. Abrahamsen. From a pastoral perspective, it just probably wouldn't sit too well, especially if he's trying to convince the judge that he's the Lord's anointed like Moses and John the Baptist, and that no man on earth can correct him.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 07:13:53 AM »

How do donors to 3ABN feel about 3ABN paying so much money to lawyers in order to cover up child molestation allegations and private inurement? Siegel Brill and Fierst Pucci got over three-quarters of a million dollars.

How many evangelistic meetings could have been held with that kind of money?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 07:18:26 AM »

They can throw away more than $750,000 at two law firms in order to crush Joy and Pickle, but can't bring themselves to reimburse the ones they've persecuted for the travel expense of a $6 shower bought at a truck stop.

For $750,000 you can buy 125,000 people a shower at that truck stop.

Sounds like a good ADRA commercial, doesn't it?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 07:44:37 AM »

And why are these little gems not posted yet for the world to see? After all, 990's are public information, or are you saving Dann Lee Shelton the trauma of the truth?

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

childoftheking

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 10:32:49 AM »

RBF

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »

Under Part V 3ABN says to look at Statement 9. Turn to Statement 9 and Danny Shelton, not Jim Gilley, is not listed as president! Jim Gilley isn't even listed as a director. Neither is Max Trevino, Garwin McNeilus, or Larry Romrell.

Anyone know what is going on? How could Jim Gilley sign the form as president when the form itself says that he isn't president, and that he isn't even a director? Or, how could they have gotten the list of board members wrong when the form wasn't signed until more than a year after Gilley came on board?

I believe the above part that I have bolded is an accidental double negative thus stating the opposite of what you mean.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

RBF

Johann

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 02:11:47 PM »

Under Part V 3ABN says to look at Statement 9. Turn to Statement 9 and Danny Shelton, not Jim Gilley, is not listed as president! Jim Gilley isn't even listed as a director. Neither is Max Trevino, Garwin McNeilus, or Larry Romrell.

I believe the above part that I have bolded is an accidental double negative thus stating the opposite of what you mean.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

RBF

Good that you help us keep awake. Welcome on AT, RBF

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 02:39:37 PM »

RBF

Thank you for your correction.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 07:15:39 PM »

They can throw away more than $750,000 at two law firms in order to crush Joy and Pickle, but can't bring themselves to reimburse the ones they've persecuted for the travel expense of a $6 shower bought at a truck stop.

For $750,000 you can buy 125,000 people a shower at that truck stop.

Sounds like a good ADRA commercial, doesn't it?
Another good question would be: What in the world are they trying to hide that they would be willing to spend three quarters of a million dollars and use numerous attorneys just to try to shut TWO people up?
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up