Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN Today: Ten Commandment Weekend and Selling More Books  (Read 5538 times)

Fran

• Veteran Member
3ABN Today: Ten Commandment Weekend and Selling More Books
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:11:58 PM »

Be sure not to miss the 3ABN Today show today, 3/21/2009.  Danny, Shelley, Jim, Dwight Hall discussing Ten Commandments twice removed.  Danny says he only had a little pamphlet like paper and Shelley really wrote the book!

Selling books on the Sabbath yet!  May 27-30 is 10 commandment weekend.  Watch and see what is happening to sell more books.  It is OK with me, I am sure Linda could use the money.

CRYSTAL

Re: 3ABN Today: Ten Commandment Weekend and Selling More Books
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »

It's really nice to be able to look through 'Adventist Review', 'SIGNS', 'Adventist Frontiers', and "Quiet Hour Echoes' and not see any ads or articles about 3ABN anymore. Also very nice not to see Danny Shelton's face in any of these publications. Very glad to know that my church will not host 3ABN programs or speakers.

The SDA church on a large scale is now keen to these criminals...

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »

Do you realy think so, Crystal?  I sure hope you are right.  But I still won't be surprised to see a RICO violation leveled against them...

SDAminister

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 10:09:59 PM »

President Jim Gilley did his best to shill the book. But boy did he ever unload a corker for the ages upon the hapless viewers of this hour-long Sabbath book-selling infomercial. (Like I've noted before on this forum, 3ABN types tend to be Sabbath-challenged, especially when it comes to board members like Phipps, McKee, and now Shelton and Gilley)

In speaking of Ten Commandments Twice Removed, he said that it was probably the "greatest missionary book in the history of the Advent movement."

Greatest? Really. Seriously.
Look, I understand that JG is just doing his job to stick to the company line and put a good face on everything. But, it's high time someone drops some knowledge upon JG before his salesmanship gets him into more trouble.

Steps to Christ by Ellen White has over 100 million copies in circulation and translated into over 150 languages. Shelly Quinn mentioned TCTR being in 8 languages. No problem Jim. Just 96 million more copies and 142 languages and you'll have caught up!! Plus, Steps to Christ was written by an actual prophet, not a couple of hucksters. Last time I checked 1 Corinthians 12:28, prophets are near the top of the list but hucksters didn't quite make it. Hence, "greatness" is just a chimera drummed up by JG.

But kudos to JG. He seems to know how to curry favor with the powers that be to "get things done." Now, to whom did JG give a mortgage when he first moved to 3ABN?

SDAminister

CRYSTAL

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 10:50:23 PM »

Interesting how many SDA conferences don't desire 3ABN's presence in their churches...

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 09:04:12 PM »

President Jim Gilley did his best to shill the book. But boy did he ever unload a corker for the ages upon the hapless viewers of this hour-long Sabbath book-selling infomercial. (Like I've noted before on this forum, 3ABN types tend to be Sabbath-challenged, especially when it comes to board members like Phipps, McKee, and now Shelton and Gilley)

In speaking of Ten Commandments Twice Removed, he said that it was probably the "greatest missionary book in the history of the Advent movement."

Greatest? Really. Seriously.
Look, I understand that JG is just doing his job to stick to the company line and put a good face on everything. But, it's high time someone drops some knowledge upon JG before his salesmanship gets him into more trouble.

Steps to Christ by Ellen White has over 100 million copies in circulation and translated into over 150 languages. Shelly Quinn mentioned TCTR being in 8 languages. No problem Jim. Just 96 million more copies and 142 languages and you'll have caught up!! Plus, Steps to Christ was written by an actual prophet, not a couple of hucksters. Last time I checked 1 Corinthians 12:28, prophets are near the top of the list but hucksters didn't quite make it. Hence, "greatness" is just a chimera drummed up by JG.

But kudos to JG. He seems to know how to curry favor with the powers that be to "get things done." Now, to whom did JG give a mortgage when he first moved to 3ABN?

SDAminister

Good Grief, SDA Minister,

Are you also "persona none grata" in SDA leadership circles??? Be not afraid...rest assured I have the names of a few other Non-denominational cultists who are on that rather lengthier list these days!!!!
It is more than safe to assume you do not share that list!!!

In any event, don't the facts just kill a bold faced lie???? I would call it presumptuous arrogance!!! Think I will stick to EG Whte....and avoid the DL Shelton poor imitation.

By the way, how do these numbers compare to the famous "little preacher"???

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 02:57:29 PM »

Is 3ABN still listed in our SDA Conference Directory under the section "Adventist Organizations & Supportive Ministries"?

It still does in our's.  At least the 2008 one does.  Haven't seen the 2009 one yet.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 06:25:27 PM »

Is 3ABN still listed in our SDA Conference Directory under the section "Adventist Organizations & Supportive Ministries"?

It still does in our's.  At least the 2008 one does.  Haven't seen the 2009 one yet.

Well, that clearly conflicts with their own "on the record" definition as a NON DENOMINATIONAL MINISTRY....just another example of hypocrisy, just not sure on whose part???

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 12:44:50 PM »

GJ, ya know I gots to go with you on the legal maneuver of stating that 3ABN was Non denominational in it's doctrine and message.  I guess I am old fashioned in thinking that if God is with you, telling the truth is not a problem even in the courtroom.  No need to try to get any advantages by denying your faith and/or doctrinal beliefs, which is what they did. IOW, using the devil's tools to do God's work.  I believe that is one of the reasons they wanted to keep the court a papers from public eyes.  They had a hard tim trying to explain that one.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 08:55:17 PM »

GJ, ya know I gots to go with you on the legal maneuver of stating that 3ABN was Non denominational in it's doctrine and message.  I guess I am old fashioned in thinking that if God is with you, telling the truth is not a problem even in the courtroom.  No need to try to get any advantages by denying your faith and/or doctrinal beliefs, which is what they did. IOW, using the devil's tools to do God's work.  I believe that is one of the reasons they wanted to keep the court a papers from public eyes.  They had a hard tim trying to explain that one.

Counselor,

They will be explaining that and a whole lot more for quite some time. The superior court in Massachusetts is backed up five long years and not nearly as anxious as Saylor to clear their dockets. And the jury is unlikely to be friendly to pedophilic and homophobic supporting ministries. But, then, they will be an impressive lot...a former prosecutor, 20 some odd lawyers,  sixteen board members, a couple other supporting ministries and a little fellow with red hair as the centerpiece!!!

I guess they will have to add a few tables before the Bar of Justice for the defense.  Maybe we can offer them half of ours!!!

Never have so few chased so many so far in pursuit of a just cause!!! (Sir Winston Churchill).

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Pages: [1]   Go Up