Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN's response to Child Molestation Lawsuit  (Read 20266 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN's response to Child Molestation Lawsuit
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 11:42:43 PM »

Yes, it's hilarious!  Thank you for posting the whole thing!

Why does it come from some Australian island?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:47:12 PM by Artiste »
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 12:30:09 AM »

Lol! Even in the most abysmal situations some people keep a great sense of humor!

Johann

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011, 05:32:33 AM »

In some areas the local vernacular is called Pidgin English where the words, although spelled somewhat like English, have quite a different meaning. At least this applied to West Africa where we spent some years working for the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Perhaps the writer was only translating the 3ABN press release into the vernacular and it sounds strange to us?

Reminds me of the incident when I came to a hill in Sierra Leone where a truck lost its brakes and turned over in the fields leaving its load of passengers strewn all over the place.

A man was watching the havoc from the road with outstretched hands exclaiming: "Wonderful!"

I let down the back seat in my station wagon and transported a couple of teenage girls to the hospital wondering what was the meaning of the word "wonderful" in that local dialect.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:35:54 AM by Johann »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up