Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Obama as Americas President, is it all over but the counting.....  (Read 68916 times)

Knight

Re: Obama as Americas President, is it all over but the counting.....
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 05:48:04 AM »

The roots of our economic troubles goes back to President Clinton. During his terms in office they encouraged banks to loan to lower income people who really could not afford a loan. With lower fed interest rates this was made possible with sub prime mortgage rates. All was well until the feds started to raise interest rates again. As soon as they started to raise interest rates two years later our economy tanked. Bush was just unfortunate to be president when that policy of loaning to lower income families came to its obvious conclusion. Now we all pay for that little bit of democratic social engineering. With lower interest rates and the fed pumping the money supply our economy will turn around but not for two years. Economics predict a recession that will not bottom out until 2010. Then slowly turn around. We will not get to previous levels of this recession until 2011 or 2012. Just in time for the next president to take credit for the economy getting better. Unless he raises taxes to much on those that can create the jobs like the rich and corporations then the recession could be much worse and longer.

Habanero

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 10:55:13 PM »

Brothers and sisters, we here see the Obamanation of desolation spoken of in the book of Revelation, predicted by the prophets of old, in terms that make the blood run cold. The remnant of the book will take a close studied look as the peoples of this earth are obaminated, decimated, and eliminated by he who has come to obaminate decimate, and eliminate. The fires of justice will rage from DC, the rivers of its obaminating flame will flow from sea to shining sea. Let us stand up and take a look to the words of prophecy spoken in the book, for the obamination of desolation has swept the hearts and souls of the nation.

reddogs

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 03:41:39 AM »

Brothers and sisters, we here see the Obamanation of desolation spoken of in the book of Revelation, predicted by the prophets of old, in terms that make the blood run cold. The remnant of the book will take a close studied look as the peoples of this earth are obaminated, decimated, and eliminated by he who has come to obaminate decimate, and eliminate. The fires of justice will rage from DC, the rivers of its obaminating flame will flow from sea to shining sea. Let us stand up and take a look to the words of prophecy spoken in the book, for the obamination of desolation has swept the hearts and souls of the nation.

You said that in jest as a joke, tongue in cheek, right..... :scratch:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:49:09 AM by reddogs »

Johann

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 04:36:32 AM »

The real book of Revelation draws a picture of a two horned beast some understand as representing the United States of America. That beast will come charging at the true believers prior to the Second Coming of Christ. It still grants you great Freedom. You can still choose if you want to be struck by the left or right horn of that beast! One of them might delay the strike. Which one? Have the voters chosen to delay that strike?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 04:52:10 AM »

Hmmmmm, Why would this be a joke???  Did anyone on here think that before Jesus comes that the USA would not be totally corrupted?? Nothing stable left anywhere.  We were not misinformed at all. It's here! Unbeliveable TRUTH is happening.  Any one hear of the New World Order? How about "One World Power". "and most of the majority followed after." How about the "Changing of the World" yes this rang out for everyone to hear..All will get change but not on how they thought... This is not a joke either, I expect to see DS to excell under the Prince of this World for His ____ deeds.  Peace, Peace and then sudden distruction. Any one recall the "INspired Writer" writing with tears in her eyes that she could barely write on what would happen to the Adventists. The Louder Cry that swells to those who will  believe in the last hour and a lot of Catholics coming to the frontlines for the fight. Our greatest pillars will fall and yes, I read it all and believe.

Johann

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 05:12:38 AM »

Are Adventists handing out copies of The Great Controversy to others without reading it themselves?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 05:15:24 AM »

Johann,
Yes it appears we are going to get "hit" by the most far left horn we have ever seenif that is the scenario. Corruption will possibly be "checked" by "the Right Horn".  ;) the worst we have ever seen!!!!!

Johann

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 06:07:15 AM »

The greatest danger is when we get charged by either horn from within our own ranks. Which "board" will then be our protection?

Johann

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 06:14:33 AM »

In stead of following the counting of the votes last night - I figured me watching would not make any difference in the outcome - a Greek internet program challenged me to read 1 Thess. 1:1. 1Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace.

The expression "in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ" was a sermon to me. Am I within this protection? There is the only safety. Compare this with Psalm 91.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 06:51:40 AM »

Johann,
I would not watch it either. and I agree.

reddogs

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 08:36:16 AM »

Hmmmmm, Why would this be a joke???  Did anyone on here think that before Jesus comes that the USA would not be totally corrupted?? Nothing stable left anywhere.  We were not misinformed at all. It's here! Unbeliveable TRUTH is happening.  Any one hear of the New World Order? How about "One World Power". "and most of the majority followed after." How about the "Changing of the World" yes this rang out for everyone to hear..All will get change but not on how they thought... This is not a joke either, I expect to see DS to excell under the Prince of this World for His ____ deeds.  Peace, Peace and then sudden distruction. Any one recall the "INspired Writer" writing with tears in her eyes that she could barely write on what would happen to the Adventists. The Louder Cry that swells to those who will  believe in the last hour and a lot of Catholics coming to the frontlines for the fight. Our greatest pillars will fall and yes, I read it all and believe.

He was twisting the 'Abomination of Desolation' phrase so it just looks like a joke, if anything at all..

Habanero

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »

Lol! Tongue-in-cheek.

Johann

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 06:00:08 PM »

So life begins again with new challenges. Also for us?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 07:59:12 PM »

Last night, America took and huge step forward, but not all Americans took that step, as expected.  Habenero does not have to be sayign anything tongue in cheek. It is his perogative to remain racially challenged.  God gives him this choice. Not all have reached the point of loving their brohters and sisters in chirst with God's love...unconditionally.  Let him have his say, he is speaking from his heart.

Let, just add something now that I have read ALL of the threads!!!  Never mind.....i guess I should not be surprised at the racism here.   It clouds your judgment so that you over look the mess we are in.............Just so you own't have a black man int he White House.  You all need much prayer to change those racist hearts.  It is just sad.  however, I thank you all for showing your true colors.   i'm out!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:12:03 PM by princessdi »
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 08:45:18 PM »

Um, could you tell me what threads/posts are racist?? And, as far as Habenero's post goes, what did he say that was racially challenged? There are many many reasons to not want Obama in the white house, NONE of which have anything to do with the color of his skin. None.
Lets not make this about race. We are above that, hopefully you are as well.

Last night, America took and huge step forward, but not all Americans took that step, as expected.  Habenero does not have to be sayign anything tongue in cheek. It is his perogative to remain racially challenged.  God gives him this choice. Not all have reached the point of loving their brohters and sisters in chirst with God's love...unconditionally.  Let him have his say, he is speaking from his heart.

Let, just add something now that I have read ALL of the threads!!!  Never mind.....i guess I should not be surprised at the racism here.   It clouds your judgment so that you over look the mess we are in.............Just so you own't have a black man int he White House.  You all need much prayer to change those racist hearts.  It is just sad.  however, I thank you all for showing your true colors.   i'm out!

"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up