Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Banned from the USA  (Read 28800 times)

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Banned from the USA
« on: September 13, 2010, 12:18:04 PM »

A British teenager sent an email to the White House in which he called the president a p**k. For calling the president a name, he has been banned for life from entering the USA. Are we, perhaps, getting a little thin-skinned and whiny?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/uk-teenager-banned-from-america-for-life-over-obscene-obama-email-091310

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: Banned from the USA
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 12:55:17 PM »

Just for calling the president a punk? OH MY GOODNESS! Sometimes people don't like to hear the truth! Kudos to the teenager!
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Johann

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 03:10:18 PM »

I visited Poland while it was still ruled by the Communists, but I discovered the people of Poland survived by their sense of humor. One of the stories I head there then was this joke.

- We have the same freedom as the Americans have. There anyone has the right to shout in front of the White House, Down with the President of the United States. I Poland we have the same freedom. Here we can shout in front of the palace of our President, Down with the President of the United States!

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 05:12:10 PM »

That's funny, Johann!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

christian

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 08:21:42 PM »

A British teenager sent an email to the White House in which he called the president a p**k. For calling the president a name, he has been banned for life from entering the USA. Are we, perhaps, getting a little thin-skinned and whiny?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/uk-teenager-banned-from-america-for-life-over-obscene-obama-email-091310

Perhaps, it was more to what he said than what he says he said in the e-mail. Yet here we are those on hateraid defending a UK citizen for doing that. If he was band from the U. S. for saying that, well that is just wrong, but we dont know exactly what was said in the e-mail do we. And why are we so quick to take what the UK person said as the gospel, he readily admits he was drunk perhaps he threatened the presidents life. Lets reserve our opinions and think the best of our country perhaps the little UK is a terrorist, upset at the good job the president is doing. 

horsethief

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 10:16:20 PM »

Christian... Could we consider you a member of the Obama cult?

christian

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 10:55:44 PM »

Christian... Could we consider you a member of the Obama cult?

No more than I could consider you a memeber of the hate Michelle Obama cult. I was just saying there are two sides to every story and perhaps we should reserve our opinions untill all the fact are out.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 11:08:55 PM »

I do hope the news gets to show the email in its entirety. In any case, I hope you are right. It would be a shame if there were to be repercussions for calling the president names.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 01:15:48 AM »

I think times are coming quickly where name calling will be so chaff to the "heated rising and soaring of the eagle".

horsethief

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 05:07:43 AM »

Christian... Wait a moment... I would really like to challenge you to try something. Look up the screen name 'Horsethief' and see if I have, even once, put the first lady's name in any of my posts, or even referred to her in any fashion beside this post.

If I have mentioned her, then I will, with each member of Advent Talk as my witness, send you, through one of the site's moderators whom I know, a $100.00 bill.

But if I haven't, then I challenge you to apologize to me publicly in this forum for falsely claiming that I hate the First Lady.

christian

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »

Christian... Wait a moment... I would really like to challenge you to try something. Look up the screen name 'Horsethief' and see if I have, even once, put the first lady's name in any of my posts, or even referred to her in any fashion beside this post.

If I have mentioned her, then I will, with each member of Advent Talk as my witness, send you, through one of the site's moderators whom I know, a $100.00 bill.

But if I haven't, then I challenge you to apologize to me publicly in this forum for falsely claiming that I hate the First Lady.
I am asking a public apology from you, I want you to apologize for claiming that I said you hate the First Lady. I want you to look up on the screen name "Christian" and provide the quote where I said that. If you cannot provide the quote I will be waiting for an open public aplogy. PLEASE DONT LET THIS OPPORTUNITY PASS YOU BY WITH SILENCE.

horsethief

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 08:08:41 PM »

Semantics aside Christian. You claimed I was a member of the "hate Michelle Obama cult".

Besides this post, I can't find anywhere I have brought up her name...

So for you to make that claim is nonsense. It's the same as accusing me of hating her...

You have no basis for that...

horsethief

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »

However Christian, I will make this easier for you. If I misquoted you, then I do apologize.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 08:30:11 PM »

Someone seems to have quite an unusual obsession with Michelle Obama ;) and she is a fine looking woman, but there are other fish in the sea that are still swimming free.

horsethief

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »

Christian...

You seem real fierce in your loyalty to President Obama. But let's face facts here. He's not doing so well right now. If he was, then the poll watchers wouldn't be predicting that the dems are about to lose the house and maybe even the senate. You have stated that he's doing a great job & you're entitled to believe and state that.

But the rest of the country ain't buyin' it...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up