Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Junebug in the spotlight  (Read 22793 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Junebug in the spotlight
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »

HUGE difference, Mrst53.....It was His house[temple].....right?  It is still HIS job to throw out the money changers.   No disciples threw around tables or did any name calling.   Notice those are things Jesus did all by Himself.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:18:55 PM by princessdi »
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

christian

Re: Junebug in the spotlight
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2010, 01:38:50 AM »

I like you too, Di. I suppose you have read the following passages?

Numbers 32:14
"And here you are, a brood of sinners, standing in the place of your fathers and making the LORD even more angry with Israel."

2 Kings 5:27
"Naaman's leprosy will cling to you and to your descendants forever." Then Gehazi went from Elisha's presence and he was leprous, as white as snow.

Was there a worse curse than leprosy? Just because Gehazi had behaved somewhat like a certain man we have been dealing with. . . Elisha told him off!

What did Jesus say?

Matthew 23:23-28 (New International Version)

23"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

25"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

27"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

Here are just a few samples from Scripture. Aren't they terrible?

When I was a young pastor some of my seniors were a particular breed who spoke quite a bit like GJ to people who they thought were not following the blueprint. Back in those days we were winning souls in the Western World. When we reached the pinnacle in soul winning in my area around 1960 most of us started speaking softly and very very considerate of those we disagreed with. At the same time our soul winning plummeted and soon we were baptizing less than the number we lost.

Are we really too nice today to warn people of the impending destruction and the Coming of the Lord? Shouldn't we rather let them perish in comfort? Is it the purpose of our websites to make people comfortable in their sins? Do people who seem very serious not show the love of God when they "shout" a warning?

We have a granddaughter who is so "nice" to her brothers that she will ask them if they'd consider not being so noisy. Not all people have that "gift". How do we teach them?

Come on, Pastor Johann.  You know not even having you speak, you are one of my fav SDA pastors, just by the example of your life I have come to know in the passed 5-6 years.  But you have got to be kidding me!   

You know whatever we do, we need to do all "to the glory of God" and with His love.  That includes calling sin by its name.  Now, I have personally said that I believe that Danny is just shady as they come, but no one....NO ONE....can ever say I was mean, cruel, or disrespectful.  The same can be said about you.  GJ is ALL of that, and there is NO love in his posts. He insults people, calls them names. etc.  It is not what he is trying to say, but how he is saying it.  He really should dial it back about 50 notches.  It doesn't make anyone change their mind or come to the understanding he is trying to bring.  It just makes them not want to talk to him any further.  That is a shame, because much of the time he does have truth on his side.  However, if he is being abusive, disruptive, and down right obnoxious, nobody is going to hear the truth.  So in that respect he is defeating his own purpose.

Remember, disagreeing WITHOUT, being disagreeeable.  BTW, this goes for all those who post such toxic posts....on both sides.

Seems like I was 7 years old the first time I read much of the Old Testament. In those Scriptures I discovered men who were not afraid of calling sin by its right name. In a way I was horrified by it - just like some people seem horrified by reading GJ. Being familiar now with the language of Scripture I see the similarities, even if I might try to refine my own language.

Which forum is for those who accept the Scriptures? Only certain portions of the Old Testament? Only the New Testament? Only what pleases themselves? Only what pleases xx or zz? Take you pick!

And yet we read in the bible, that when the leprosy was white and to the head to the toe the person was considered clean. I have wrestle with the curse of leprosy that Gehezi had for years, the sign of being clean was that the leaprocy covered the entire body and was white. His leprosy was not unto death but a perpetual mark that could never be erased. Everytime he was asked he would of a certanitly have to relay the story of Naaman.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up