Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Russian problem  (Read 14937 times)

Johann

Re: The Russian problem
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 02:30:22 PM »

I will no longer converse with you Mr. Pickle. You are pitiful really--your accusations are all based on fluff--clouds--nothing that any court would take seriously. Go ahead Snoopy and contact the AG--do you think 3ABN cares? THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG, including Danny Shelton. So it is no problem for you to contact anyone about them.

:huh:

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 03:26:08 PM »

Someone told me that millions of dollars have gone to Russia over the years. They thought it was possible that Danny was squirreling away some of that money into secret accounts.

Any more information on this?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 03:31:11 PM »

Ok so is Russia all that safe for money laundering?  Why not the Cayman Islands or some other location known for keeping funds "offshore"?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »

Ok so is Russia all that safe for money laundering?  Why not the Cayman Islands or some other location known for keeping funds "offshore"?

I didn't realize there had ever been allegations of money laundering, given the definition of the term.  When did that come up?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 10:07:18 AM »

Well now, maybe I used the wrong word.  Let's just say to hide money(that is basically what is being said, right?)....either one....I thought places like the Cayman Islands were the way to go for most..........I might be wrong. 

I actually think I said that, because it is money that is still being used, it's just that the trail is being hidden, so that an accurate accounting/audit cannot be done by IRS, other financial and/or judicial authorities.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 04:55:41 PM »

Well now, maybe I used the wrong word.  Let's just say to hide money(that is basically what is being said, right?)....either one....I thought places like the Cayman Islands were the way to go for most..........I might be wrong. 

I actually think I said that, because it is money that is still being used, it's just that the trail is being hidden, so that an accurate accounting/audit cannot be done by IRS, other financial and/or judicial authorities.

I understand what you mean, but that is not money laundering.  I think it is important to be careful with the accusations we make here.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2010, 09:49:56 AM »

Ok not a problem, Snoopy.  :-)  It is good to be clear.....perfectly transparent.......
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up