Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy R. Sheltons trials are upon us.  (Read 35318 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Tommy R. Sheltons trials are upon us.
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »

That is quite the startling rumour!!!!

I heard early this morning that TS died. Can anyone confirm this info, or squash this rumor?

vestedinterest

Squashing the rumor----
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »

Nothing solid or legally binding, just basing my theory on very recent (today) business-as-usual Facebook postings, I do not think Mr. Shelton has expired.

JustWondering

Re: Squashing the rumor----
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »

Nothing solid or legally binding, just basing my theory on very recent (today) business-as-usual Facebook postings, I do not think Mr. Shelton has expired.
Anyone have an update on TS's health or what actually happened?  Is he back in VA?

Does TS have a Facebook page?

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: Squashing the rumor----
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 11:21:49 AM »

Anyone have an update on TS's health or what actually happened?  Is he back in VA?

Does TS have a Facebook page?

Who knows. If he's so "stressed" I'd assume he wouldn't have time for FB. Still makes one wonder, if he's sure he's going to be found Innocent, why is he so stressed???? :hot:
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 04:23:44 PM »

Adam, I would think that even if he believed he would be equitted of the charges, the huge amounts of changes and inconveniences to him and his family have to be stressful.  If he believes he will be convicted, then there is even more stress.  Either way, being falsely accused or massive amounts of retribution catching up with you after years of offenses, it's pretty stressful.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2011, 05:40:19 AM »

Stressful.....on TS family and TS??????? What about "destruction" of other families???  Seems this amounts to stress coming from being exposed from hiding, "paying for sins" and giving up lifestyle.

Too bad -for his stress of "self inflictions" and where was his family to aid and  :help:  the sickness instead of  :dunno: just cover it?????  Should they not suffer at least stress for their "crimes"?  Only one way to undo that bad stress, --truly repent and suffer the consequences. They are the ones that made it over the line and path of no return for their deeds except true repentance. I sort of look at TS family stress as "survival" with no penalities to their known crimes. The stress is actually for ones own self and not stress to know if we are pure in the sight of God. I have the latter stress.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 03:01:48 PM »

Tinka, there is pain on both sides.  Even TS is in pain...hurting people, hurt others.  That does not diminish any crimes he committed, just the reasoning behind it.  I am a huge believer in  you can be in pain, but bad behavior is not acceptable and punishable for sure.  He should pay for crimes for which he is guilty, no matter the pain that caused him to inflict such horrific pain on others.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »

I believe it is highly likely he has crossed the line of an unpardonable sin and if given half a chance he would do ot again, and again, and again. He is a predator.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »

GJ, there is no way we can know.  Asking forgiveness in no quarantee against paying the consequences fo our sins.  He very well be forgiven by God, but still he broke the law, there are still those consequences.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »

For a minister of the Gospel, the predator would have to publicly confess his sins and ask forgiveness. And give up his credentials!!!

There is no evidence he has asked privately for forgiveness, nor is there any evidence he has in any way forsaken his ways.

I will dare to declare he is not yet ready to meet his maker or has crossed the line and committed the unpardonable sin and is a lost soul walking.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

GJ, there is no way we can know.  Asking forgiveness in no quarantee against paying the consequences fo our sins.  He very well be forgiven by God, but still he broke the law, there are still those consequences.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 02:21:16 PM »

GJ, you lack the authority to make that judgement.  That is not the way God works, with you sins or mine.  There will be no evidence publicly, that he asked God's forgiveness.  However, we do agree in that he does need to apologize to his victims, and definitely at this point the credentials should be revoked.  He needs much help.  however, all of this is most difficult when you and those around you have a vested interest in living in a state of denial. 

For a minister of the Gospel, the predator would have to publicly confess his sins and ask forgiveness. And give up his credentials!!!

There is no evidence he has asked privately for forgiveness, nor is there any evidence he has in any way forsaken his ways.

I will dare to declare he is not yet ready to meet his maker or has crossed the line and committed the unpardonable sin and is a lost soul walking.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

mrst53

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »

When are the trials to take place, Or have they been postponed again?
Mrst

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2011, 03:36:45 PM »

Mrst

My understanding is that there's supposed to be another status conference in early July to determine whether Tommy's health is such that the trial can proceed.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2011, 09:16:43 PM »

Hey Gurl!! I have missed you!  Glad to see you!

Mrst

mrst53

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2011, 04:52:36 PM »

Hi Princess,
 Sorry I haven't been on lately,, just been busy.. taking care of Mom. Her memory is shot, but her health is good. I have been looking into homes. I found one good one, still have one to check on..
Marriage is still really rocky.. He is talking about leaving, but I refuse to leave..I took a vow, for better or for worse and boy this is getting worse and worser :dunno: Keep praying...Our God is in the miracle business...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up