Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ken Denslow, Illinois Conference President, and 3ABN  (Read 13041 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Ken Denslow, Illinois Conference President, and 3ABN
« on: April 13, 2010, 05:58:53 AM »

I noticed this item on the Club Adventist Forum of Stan Jensen, citizen of Adventistan.

March 4, 2010

From the Desk of Don C. Schneider. . . .

Feel free to share this information.

...[down to item number 7]

7. Ken Denslow, president of the Illinois Conference, is considering a call to become the president of the Wisconsin Conference.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Ken Denslow, Illinois Conference President, and 3ABN
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 05:59:57 AM »

In another thread, this exchange took place:

...the information on the page would indicate that 3ABN is currently a supporting ministry with the SDA church, apparently in good standing.

Is that definitely the case at this time? 

Yes it is, Artiste. That is why there is no problem or conflicts of interest with the Illinois Conference President being a 3ABN board member, among many other things.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 06:03:44 AM »

Will the new Illinois Conference President also become a 3ABN board member?

Or is the Seventh-day Adventist Church trying to quietly extricate itself from the 3ABN morass?

Is there any need for the SDA church leadership to apologise to the members of the church, some of which continue to support and donate to 3ABN?

anyman

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 06:17:21 AM »

Ken Denslow, if in fact he was offered, turned down the call to Wisconsin Conference. Mike Edge, was extended a call and accepted and is the new President of the Wisconsin Conference. The decision of Pastor Edge was announced approximately over two weeks ago.

Any new President of the Illinois Conference would, no doubt, fill Pastor Denslow's seat. But, it's a moot speculation.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 06:20:53 AM »

Any new President of the Illinois Conference would, no doubt, fill Pastor Denslow's seat.

In other words, the Seventh-day Adventist Church continues its close and supportive relationship with 3ABN.

childoftheking

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 01:43:23 PM »

Jim Gilley has the Morning and Evening Sermons at Michigan camp meeting Sabbath June 12. As far as I know John Lomacang is a SDA pastor with 3ABN paying 1/2 his salary and the church paying the other half. I don't think Jim Gilley has given up his ministerial credentials either has he?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »

3ABN is closely and intimately connected with the SDA church, not only with church personnel associated with it but also with its selling of 3ABN study Bibles containing EG White comments.

Johann

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 02:18:15 PM »

Any new President of the Illinois Conference would, no doubt, fill Pastor Denslow's seat.

In other words, the Seventh-day Adventist Church continues its close and supportive relationship with 3ABN.

Alyssa's notarized document was supposedly sent to Ken Denslow. When will he take care of it?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »

Alyssa's notarized document was supposedly sent to Ken Denslow. When will he take care of it?

Well that's interesting!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »

Why not call him and ask?

It would be interesting to know who voted for booting Danny out in May 2008. I heard that Jim Gilley cast the deciding vote.

Thus, almost half of the board members at that time voted to boot him out. But then, a majority must have voted to try to crush us that summer with litigation on four fronts.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 10:05:19 PM »

I beleive that Denslow dismissed the letter and every ounce of evidence presented to him...which is a good reason to dismiss this miscreant priest!!! I can understand just why he is so supportive of Danny's "dump the old grey mare concept" as there have been whispers he would like to emulate the grand move, but he would be unlikely to get away with it. And, I understand that Mrs Denslow is no push-over...oops, does that infer Linda was a "push-over"???

By the way, have you ever wondered why so many pastors wives are just so unhappy??? The common complaint in the ones I have investigated is..."hypocrisy". Hum-m-m!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 03:53:14 AM »

Ariste said:

3ABN is closely and intimately connected with the SDA church, not only with church personnel associated with it but also with its selling of 3ABN study Bibles containing EG White comments.

1) Perhaps permission was obtained from the EGW Estate to publish the Bible with the lEGW comments.  I do not know.  Do you?

2) In any case, the copyrigiht law in the U.S. does not require that permission be obtained to publish EGW comments that have entered the public domain, which is true for much of her published writings.

3) If those comments were published in the Bible, without permission of the EGW Estate, one cannot fairly state that their publicaiton indicates a connection between the SDA Church and 3-ABN.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 04:56:57 AM »

But the presence of that conference's president on the board of 3ABN does, does it not?

Ariste said:

1) Perhaps permission was obtained from the EGW Estate to publish the Bible with the lEGW comments.  I do not know.  Do you?

2) In any case, the copyrigiht law in the U.S. does not require that permission be obtained to publish EGW comments that have entered the public domain, which is true for much of her published writings.

3) If those comments were published in the Bible, without permission of the EGW Estate, one cannot fairly state that their publicaiton indicates a connection between the SDA Church and 3-ABN.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 05:47:43 AM »

Daryl:

I was not arguing whether or not 3-ABN has a close relationship with the SDA Chruch.  My point was simply that one could not argue that because a Bible had been published with EGW comments it could be established that it had a close relationship.

3-ABN is an independent organizaton, which is not controled by the SDA Chruch, yet it has a relationship that is closer to the SDA Chruch than are some other independent organizaitons and at the same time is not as close to the SDA Church as are some organizaitons.  That relationship is complex and often not easily understood.

As to the President of the IL Confernce:  He is a member of the  3-ABN Board.  He could resign from the 3-ABN Board and if he were to do so, he would not lose his job as President of the IL Confernce.  If I were the President of the IL Conference  (Ha!  Never happen.),  3-ABN would not be required to  offer me a seat on their Board.  If 3-ABN wanted to do so, they could offer you (Daryl) a seat on their Board.

3-ABN is independent in a manner that communicates with the SDA Church.  The channels of communication are open and bi-directional communication takes place.  But, the SDA Chruch does NOT control 3-ABN and 3-ABN does NOT control the SDA Chruch.

Johann

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 06:48:07 AM »

But the presence of that conference's president on the board of 3ABN does, does it not?

Yes, and I believe all the members of that board are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up