Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Jim Gilley believe that Danny Shelton will "finish the work"?  (Read 31161 times)

Johann

Re: Does Jim Gilley believe that Danny Shelton will "finish the work"?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 02:28:20 PM »

Yes, this verbiage is reminiscent of Castro, Chavez, Kim Jong Il, Rev Moon and all the other groups who are centered around a person and whose ability to function is exclusively centric to that one individual, or his decendents.

In the new July edition of 3ABN World, Jim Gilley says, "How often we here at 3ABN review how God gave Danny this dream, the reality of which is even greater than he could imagine in those early days!"

Could there possibly exist a cult within Adventism?

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 03:20:05 PM »

Yes, there exist various strange cults within Adventism. Not only is Adventism not immune to cults, the nature of its core beliefs regarding end-time prophecy make it a prime breeding ground for cults.

Yes, this verbiage is reminiscent of Castro, Chavez, Kim Jong Il, Rev Moon and all the other groups who are centered around a person and whose ability to function is exclusively centric to that one individual, or his decendents.

In the new July edition of 3ABN World, Jim Gilley says, "How often we here at 3ABN review how God gave Danny this dream, the reality of which is even greater than he could imagine in those early days!"

Could there possibly exist a cult within Adventism?

Stan

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 05:03:19 PM »

doesn't anyone else have a God Given dream?  AND if no WHY NOT?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »

What evidence do we have that Danny really had a dream?

We can't simply take his word for it, since in his July 2006 affidavit he committed perjury when he pretended that he wasn't getting any income from book deals, despite getting a guesstimated $500,000 based on Remnant's Form 990's.

And then there was his telling Gailon in writing that Linda's car was titled in his name too when it wasn't.

And then there was Danny claiming he had all sorts of evidence against Linda, suing us over our alleged claiming that he didn't have biblical grounds for divorce, and then refusing to produce any of his so-called evidence against Linda. What a shady guy!

So Stan, on what basis can we say that Danny had any dream from God on a certain November evening in 1984?

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 09:25:39 PM »

I doubt many on here would say no one can have God-given dreams.

youngwarrior

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 11:24:23 PM »

I haven't just taken Danny's word for it.  Kenny told me basically the same story when I worked there.  At that time Kenny was the VP.  He said he and Danny had both had the same dream/impression to build a TV station.  At the time they didn't even really know what a network was.

Johann

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 04:51:05 AM »

Was Kenny's part of the dream later officially transferred to Danny?

Stan

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 05:59:40 AM »

Bob..

a Couple of things...

I remember driving across Saskatchewan and seeing all these farms with those huge satellite dishes, the old ones, over vast areas that we had no or few church members, feeling really impressed that if we are going to reach folks like that all over rural Canada we are going to need a satellite TV network, it was an overwhelming experience that I still recall when ever I think of that day and time, I knew it needed to be done, but the task was overwhelming to me.  There is more to that story but it really doesn't matter now.

I do not believe in once saved always saved, nor do I believe in once given divine instruction everything thing is divine instruction. I see no Biblical evidence that God only uses perfect people.

A few years ago, when they title of the vehicle was in question, if you would have asked me about my wife's car, I would have said the title was in her name. Much to my surprise it was in my name. I had wanted to tell you that then, but did not. Sometimes people make mistakes. I do, you do, Danny does.

Just sayin'

Stan

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 08:30:46 AM »

Sometimes people make mistakes. I do, you do, Danny does.

Stan,

I find it interesting that you would put Danny Shelton's mistakes in the same category as Bob Pickle's mistakes.

Now, putting your mistakes in the same category as Danny's...well... if you see it that way...
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 08:55:11 AM »

I haven't just taken Danny's word for it.  Kenny told me basically the same story when I worked there.  At that time Kenny was the VP.  He said he and Danny had both had the same dream/impression to build a TV station.  At the time they didn't even really know what a network was.

Interesting. I don't ever remember hearing that before, that Kenny had the same dream/impression.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »

I do not believe in once saved always saved, nor do I believe in once given divine instruction everything thing is divine instruction.

A fellow brought to church via 3ABN not long ago said regarding the 3ABN scandal, "That's why it's not once saved always saved." A pretty mature response, I thought, even though it was unfortunate that he heard anything about it.

A few years ago, when they title of the vehicle was in question, if you would have asked me about my wife's car, I would have said the title was in her name. Much to my surprise it was in my name. I had wanted to tell you that then, but did not. Sometimes people make mistakes. I do, you do, Danny does.

The problem, Stan, is that Danny not only said that the car was titled in his name, despite refusing to have it titled in his name, but he also said that he had proof that it was titled in his name. And then after the truth came out, Danny sued me over this specific issue.

If you thought your wife's car wasn't in your name, and I said it was, would you have sued me if I was proven to be correct?

But my point regarding Danny's lack of honesty was not that God doesn't use perfect people. My point was that you can't take Danny's word for anything. So on what basis can we say that Danny had a God-given dream? Not because Danny said so, that is for sure.

And what 3ABN has accomplished really has no bearing on whether or not God really did give a dream to Danny Shelton.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »

Two thouughts:  Stan: if this is a God-given vision, then God doesn't need a plan "B".   if He didn't deviate from His plan to bring Jesus through the line of the Jews, then He will not deviate from any other plan.  Especially, not for one who received the vision and went left.  God is not surprised by sin.

Bob: the proof is that "inspite" of Danny and his mess, 3ABN is still blessing and leading people to Christ.  Danny has no power or authority to derail God's plan. 

Let's go to my favorite biblically example for this.  God chose David to be king.  David subsequently had such a problem with women that it lead him to murder, lying, and several other offenses to the commandments.  Yet, Jesus still came to earth through the bloodline of David, just as it was planned.  God not only worked His plan "inspite" of David's failings, He also considered a "man after His own heart". 

Lest you all need paramedics due to my analogy, it is only in respect to sins being committed after one is chosen/annointed(respectively) by God for a specific purpose.

What evidence do we have that Danny really had a dream?

We can't simply take his word for it, since in his July 2006 affidavit he committed perjury when he pretended that he wasn't getting any income from book deals, despite getting a guesstimated $500,000 based on Remnant's Form 990's.

And then there was his telling Gailon in writing that Linda's car was titled in his name too when it wasn't.

And then there was Danny claiming he had all sorts of evidence against Linda, suing us over our alleged claiming that he didn't have biblical grounds for divorce, and then refusing to produce any of his so-called evidence against Linda. What a shady guy!

So Stan, on what basis can we say that Danny had any dream from God on a certain November evening in 1984?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

childoftheking

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »

God sent Nathan the prophet to King David to confront him about his sin and he did not go unpunished if you recall. Who did God send to Danny?

GRAT

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 02:33:46 PM »

David also repented and he let everyone know that he did.  It would not be the same story if he had continued in his sin.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »

First, God did not want Saul, David or anyone else to be a king. He didn't want a human holding that position with the people, but they wanted to be like everyone else, so God chose Saul, not David. After Saul failed, David was chosen. We seem to forget that Saul was God's first choice and that he coalesced the people into a nation, but he failed and David was second place pick. Princess, could Danny be more accurately compared to Saul than David?  Also, because of his sins, and in spite of his repentance, God did not allow David to build the temple which was to be God's house among the people.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up