Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Jim Gilley believe that Danny Shelton will "finish the work"?  (Read 31175 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Does Jim Gilley believe that Danny Shelton will "finish the work"?
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 12:42:14 PM »

Ok Murcielago, I can go with the comparison to Saul instead of David, but I thought it ws the people who chose Saul, because he was tall or nice looking, looked kingly or something like that.  Plus He could not have chosen David as he was a child when he was annointed to begin with, he might not have been born or an toddler when Saul was made king.

That being said, my point is that God appointed David( and even Saul) knowing that they were not perfect.  it was David's choice to repent, and we have no record of God changing his plan then changing it back once David repented.  God chose/allowed both to be king knowing they had great potential for going left....and boy did they.    God chooses nobody for his purposes who he thought would be perfect or even accomplish the mission perfectly.  That was my point.  And yes, David asked for forgiveness for the sin with Bathsheba, but do you all know how they verfified David was dead?  I might post the text at lunchtime. 

First, God did not want Saul, David or anyone else to be a king. He didn't want a human holding that position with the people, but they wanted to be like everyone else, so God chose Saul, not David. After Saul failed, David was chosen. We seem to forget that Saul was God's first choice and that he coalesced the people into a nation, but he failed and David was second place pick. Princess, could Danny be more accurately compared to Saul than David?  Also, because of his sins, and in spite of his repentance, God did not allow David to build the temple which was to be God's house among the people.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

youngwarrior

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2011, 07:25:24 PM »

I haven't just taken Danny's word for it.  Kenny told me basically the same story when I worked there.  At that time Kenny was the VP.  He said he and Danny had both had the same dream/impression to build a TV station.  At the time they didn't even really know what a network was.

Interesting. I don't ever remember hearing that before, that Kenny had the same dream/impression.

That may be due to Danny writing Kenny out of the story once Kenny was fired.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 08:21:05 PM »

Jim Gilley is so deluded he still clings to the false belief he is entitled to "ordination'...based on the evidence, he is clearly not and has not been for several years...in my book he is not Pastor Gilley, he is not Elder Gilley, he is simply a deluded "Jim" Gilley.

He is irrelevant, just like Danny Lee Shelton!!! Another reason it will take a thousand years!!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Johann

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »

In the Danish Union Church paper a series of three articles has appeared which indicate that Danny Shelton makes claims in his book on the Commandments which is contrary to the writings of Ellen White. How will that help finishing God's work on Earth? This happened after the Danish publishing house refused to publish Danny's book and it was then published privately.

childoftheking

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 11:22:20 AM »

Can you quote from the book? I would love to know what they have pinpointed.

Johann

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »

The references are to the Danish edition of the book, and it is all in Danish. Here is a link:

http://adventist.dk/Default.aspx?ID=15858

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 01:30:51 PM »

Which pages, Johann?

Johann

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 01:57:02 PM »

Here is a better link to all three articles:

http://adventist.dk/Default.aspx?ID=16048

Johann

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »

The author states he was perplexed when he had read the book because it was completely devoid of Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:27:27 PM by Johann »

childoftheking

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 02:35:54 PM »

Than you Johann. For those who would like to translate the articles, here is a link to google translate: http://translate.google.com/#da|en|

Johann

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 12:43:26 AM »

From previous experience with the Goodle translator I must warn that it is not fully dependable. When a word has multiple meanings - something you have in all languages - then Googles does not know which meaning it should translate. At times that may change the meaning.

I have just had Google translate the above into another language resulting in a terrible grammar. But then I made Google translate its own translation into Icelandic back to English. You see the results below:

Of previous experience with Goodle translator I have to warn that it is not fully reliable. When a word has multiple meanings - something that  you are  in any language - so Google does not know who does it should mean. Sometimes that can change the meaning.

childoftheking

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 04:32:53 AM »

Yes but when one knows the context it does help. Having read Waggoner and Jones and also EGW on righteousness by faith I can see the author's point. The law is to lead us to Christ Galatians 3:24.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:36:34 AM by childoftheking »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 06:32:35 AM »

Yes but when one knows the context it does help. Having read Waggoner and Jones and also EGW on righteousness by faith I can see the author's point. The law is to lead us to Christ Galatians 3:24.

Can you paste in what the author said on that, as translated? I'm particularly interested in what quotes they give from the book.

Johann

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 06:56:48 AM »

And Ellen White makes also a point of it in her letter to Uriah Smith from Australia around 1900. But there are a number of Adventist who are still in the dark on this point. Too bad this is still claimed to be the truth in some quarters.

Johann

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »

Which pages, Johann?

Which pages are you referring to? The author, Lehnart Falk, is in charge of ADRA, Denmark, and he gives the page references to the Danish edition of DS's book. I have no way of giving you a comparison with the original English edition since the pages would not be the same. I was told that the Danish edition is a slight abbreviation where sections only applying to America and/or the KJV were deleted since the KJV is not used in Denmark.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:57:39 AM by Johann »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up