Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Has 3ABN been cleared of all wrongdoing?  (Read 51964 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: Has 3ABN been cleared of all wrongdoing?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 09:14:37 AM »

For those that are upset at this post,please take it to Daryl, if he feels it is out of line or irrelevant,I am sure he will take care of it.
So many wonder why there is so much mistrust and cynicism towards professed Christians. Some of you take a good look inward before you begin professing.

I know I am not the only one that received this. It is not a confidential email as far as I can tell. It is one that confirms my ever growing cynical viewpoint in the integrity of those that represent the denomination in some way.
Hi bonnie,

Turns out the Rumourmongers did NOT have it right.

http://adventistforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/175187

No reason whatsoever for the rumormongering, capitalized no less,statement. The beginning of this particular topic does exactly what some so strongly condemn.  Repeating from reliable sources derogatory information against others, including Gregory Matthews. A person that is so fond of repeating over and over his disapproval of those repeating gossip as fact. He waves his clean hands by saying...... I might of over stated a bit concerning Gregory. Then I was talking to DS. As a reliable source for information concerning someone that tried to help his ex-spouse is about as intelligent as me asking the fox who ate my chickens.
Not a mature Christian enough to apologize for what he said out of line and with NO FACTS. But in typical communications director speak,"He might have oversated".

One that has refused to allow any negative statement concerning 3ABN, has gone out of his way to bring it up in a mocking derogatory way against those that have concerns. Time and time again,Without provocation.

Now we are again with a deliberate choice of unnecessary descriptive,derogatory wording,he is going to make sure he reaches as many as he can.
Wonder if all the Christians that have had so much angst over the ones that have some very real concerns over 3ABN have a drop of concern for the way a false statement concerning Gregory Matthews is left to leave the wanted impression. If this was considered an apology it fell far short. One like that would have gotten my brothers and I a crack in the mouth. Not because of what we did, but because we lacked the guts and honesty to either apologize and mean it. Or, stick by your guns and don't bother with the "Christian speak"

That is one thing I learned about Gregory early on. If he knows he has inadvertently said something that should not have been said, he is the first to apologize.
What a shame all the railers and whiners about gossip mongering lack the ability or desire to do same.

edited to correct spelling
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:18:35 AM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2008, 09:31:10 AM »

That is one thing I learned about Gregory early on. If he knows he has inadvertently said something that should not have been said, he is the first to apologize.

I have always appreciated Gregory Matthews' approach and fairness in his communications.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2008, 09:33:52 AM »

For most or at least many of us, the IRS investigation was not the issue at heart.

All of you that think a ruling you have not seen and don't know what transpired clears 3ABN of all wrongdoing,perhaps can now get back to the personal moral character of those that signifies the SDA church to many.

Or is it like so many issues? Money is where it is at, and  immoral conduct is just a slightly naughty game.

Most of the defenders have artfully dodged an opinion on certain things that cannot be denied. Whatever will happen now?? What will you defend so stridently?
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2008, 09:35:02 AM »

I have always appreciated Gregory Matthews' approach and fairness in his communications.

That isn't any fun. You can't get to much righteous gossipmongering out of a reputation like that

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2008, 10:11:31 AM »

I know I am not the only one that received this. It is not a confidential email as far as I can tell. It is one that confirms my ever growing cynical viewpoint in the integrity of those that represent the denomination in some way.
Hi bonnie,

You're right, bonnie. I received one as well. I didn't even know I had made any accusations regarding finances. Stan really needs to do better research on who his emails go to.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2008, 10:20:07 AM »

Hi bonnie,

Pardon me, but I think his research is just fine. It is ethics, that which he questions in others so mockingly . Perhaps ethics for some is something you hang on the doorknob as you enter and pick up again as you leave

You're right, bonnie. I received one as well. I didn't even know I had made any accusations regarding finances. Stan really needs to do better research on who his emails go to.

=====

Edited to correct quoted post formatting.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:00:39 PM by Daryl Fawcett »

Sam

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2008, 10:24:25 AM »

anyman, I understand from hints, innuendos, and outright statements from you, Sam and Ian, that you are targeting me.

...I take that as a compliment...it means I must be doing something right.

If getting targeted means you are doing right, then 3ABN must be ready for translation!

I believe anymans point is that you and others have no right to throw stones when you have your own problems to deal with. Documented problems. That brings credibility and motive into question.  So far that fits the pattern of many of the "accusers".

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2008, 10:37:50 AM »

anyman, I understand from hints, innuendos, and outright statements from you, Sam and Ian, that you are targeting me.

If getting targeted means you are doing right, then 3ABN must be ready for translation!

I believe anymans point is that you and others have no right to throw stones when you have your own problems to deal with. Documented problems. That brings credibility and motive into question. SO far that fits the pattern of many of the "accusers".

Just so I make sure to understand what you mean.

Are you saying if someone has problems, and I have no idea and it is not my business if Artiste or anyone else has personal problems, financial or spiritual,unless they choose to make it my business,they need to be without concern for anything else??
Back to the "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" Right??

Takes care of a whole host of issues, behaviours,and harm.  Pretty well eliminates all of us. Can I assume from the judgements, opinions,chastising of members here, you are the ONE. The one without sin. Must be so as I have seen you throw many.

Must be lonely to be sitting alone, casting stones.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »

All of you that think a ruling you have not seen and don't know what transpired clears 3ABN of all wrongdoing, perhaps can now get back to the personal moral character of those that signifies the SDA church to many.

The problem of the Seventh-day Adventist church allowing 3ABN to present itself to the world as a ministry that promotes an SDA message continues.

Sam

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2008, 10:41:28 AM »

I believe anymans point is that you and others have no right to throw stones when you have your own problems to deal with. Documented problems. That brings credibility and motive into question. SO far that fits the pattern of many of the "accusers".

Just so I make sure to understand what you mean.

Are you saying if someone has problems, and I have no idea and it is not my business if Artiste or anyone else has personal problems, financial or spiritual,unless they choose to make it my business,they need to be without concern for anything else??
Back to the "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" Right??

Takes care of a whole host of issues, behaviours,and harm.  Pretty well eliminates all of us. Can I assume from the judgements, opinions,chastising of members here, you are the ONE. The one without sin. Must be so as I have seen you throw many.

Must be lonely to be sitting alone, casting stones.

Please address your post to Artiste as she is the one with the premise that if you are targeted you must be doing good things.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »

No, I adressed it to the right party as you were explaining a statement for anyman

believe anymans point is that you and others have no right to throw stones when you have your own problems to deal with. Documented problems. That brings credibility and motive into question. SO far that fits the pattern of many of the "accusers".

Have you had any problems in your life?? Have you sinned?
If the answer is yes, lpease tell me how you dare have an opinion or a concern over anything other than your own problems?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2008, 12:29:16 PM »

God has certainly not revealed anything to me about 3ABN's status as a paragon of fiscal cleanliness. Opinions expressed by friends of 3ABN on the internet are interesting, and I assume that they bear a certain amount of truth, but they are not divine revelation, in my opinion.

Divine revelations may or may not be received by us personally, but I think it would be a mistake to try to impose these revelations on others as absolute truth.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2008, 06:43:29 AM »

I'm personally not buying this "all clear" thing. I have no reason to.

Is it possible this is the IRS version of settling out of court as in lawsuits?? No one has to admit to anything.

Our tax attorney, prior IRS auditor had told us that no one is ever found 100% in a Total Compliance audit or criminal tax investigation. Deals can be struck.

Did you accept that statement from your tax attorney as factual?

If 3ABN is indeed found to be in total compliance, and it's found no deals were struck, would you consider this due to the Lord's leading, and accept it?

Or will you continue to look for excuses or justifications for how 3ABN can still be at fault yet declared exonerated?

Yes, I did as he was a former IRS auditor. But in addition this came from the auditor herself.
And from her, total 100% compliance is virtually impossible from a business or large org. Due to the ambiquous nature of our tax laws and the ability to "correctly" interpret them in more tha one way,ensures that. The main item on the agenda of the IRS is to recoup as much money as possible. A lengthy court battle does not give them that nearly as much as a "amended" return.  A settlement is much more preferable.
Will they advertise a case not gone to trial as reaching a settlement?? Doubt it.
Will the fact that DS and 3ABN have not been hauled into court for trial mean "100%" compliance?? IN some ways yes as my records show for the years we were involved in the Total Compliance Audit. They certainly taught me the meaning of the word compliance and that is what my records would show after 18 months of being audited.

I was at fault for not being more diligent before I signed the return and sent it off. Yet, you would have no way of knowing and would either take my word for it or believe I could be lying. There is not even a reference to the lengthy battle or the fact I paid 5,000. in penalty and correct tax. It shows an amended return

If 3ABN is indeed found to be in total compliance, and it's found no deals were struck, would you consider this due to the Lord's leading, and accept it?

I do not necessarily believe that everything that happens is the Lord's leading. If that were the case many wealthy unscrupulous people could claim their monetary good fortune came as a result of the Lord's leading.
Unless the IRS has put something in writing, a legal document,3ABN cannot prove that the claims they are making is accurate or honest, anymore than I can prove the reverse. DS is not a reliable source of information, character reference concerning DS.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2008, 07:51:01 AM »

But in addition this came from the auditor herself.
And from her, total 100% compliance is virtually impossible from a business or large org. Due to the ambiquous nature of our tax laws and the ability to "correctly" interpret them in more tha one way,ensures that. The main item on the agenda of the IRS is to recoup as much money as possible. A lengthy court battle does not give them that nearly as much as a "amended" return.  A settlement is much more preferable.
Will they advertise a case not gone to trial as reaching a settlement?? Doubt it.

Thanks for this helpful information, Bonnie!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2008, 08:14:51 AM »

I have seen people claim information from  a "reliable source" and that turns out to be a character reference and shouts of innocence. The reliable source ,the character reference comes from DS about DS. Which is hilarious in it's childish transparency.

What occurred and how, most likely none of us will ever know. One thing I do know is after reading e-mails from DS character witness(himself) to LS concerning the horses I would need a lot more to be totally convinced.
I don't care how you slice and dice that one, I don't care how fast you spin the top, that would be illegal if carried out. The willingness of someone I was involved with trying to get another to be party to that act would cause me to look a whole deeper.

Any that accept the character reference of DS for DS or LS for LS needs to hold on tight to the railing of the turnip truck they are riding.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up