Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "The Church Rumor Mill"  (Read 21987 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: "The Church Rumor Mill"
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 07:46:17 PM »

This came to my Rumor Mill e-mail and I felt it is worth sharing:

Notice the bit about "Pastor or a Doctor". Now, we know Bob has been on the up and up regarding this. But what about a 3ABN Board Member, Wintley Phipps? At his Dream Academy website it rightly says that he received an honorary doctoral degree. Read about it here http://www.usdreamacademy.org/usdreamwintleyphipps.html
Note that it is not a doctoral degree in religion or theology. It's no degree at all, just an honorary one. No problem here though.

What's the problem? If you received your degree as an honorary one, it is common custom to place the (Hon.) behind your name or title. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honorary_doctorate  Go to the section Practical Use and read down about halfway.

But as you start to search around the web, you find that he often is referred to as Dr. Wintley Phipps. No "Honorary" distinction is made.

If you go to his church's website http://palmbaysdachurch.org/   see his title under his photo and look at the header bar, way up at the very very top of the website browser. They both say Dr. Wintley A. Phipps, Pastor. This is a gray area but could be considered a bit fraudulent. He he doesn't have a Doctoral Degree! But he makes people think he does! I wouldn't be surprised that if in some states it is illegal to call yourself "Dr." if you don't declare your degree as being honorary. If only he would put (Hon) or Dr.(h.c.) behind it all would be okay. But to go after Bob for something that a 3ABN board member is doing? Tsk tsk tsk.

For some reason, you can't click past the first page of Palm Bay's website. But here is a direct link to the pastor's page. http://palmbaysdachurch.org/church/pastor.php   Again, "Dr." Phipps. It even has his bio of education. But no mention of the honorary doctoral degree.

Wendall

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 08:49:26 PM »

:help: Somebody must have read the new Church Rumor Mill book by DS. I need to know if it is worth purchasing.  The subject matter appears to be about GOSSIP and how it affects the church and the people in the church. Hopefully it is a book that can start some type of healing.  :pals: :console: :puppykisses: ;D

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 09:09:12 PM »

Well if you can wait a few weeks you can probably buy one for pretty cheap on e-bay...      :)

:help: Somebody must have read the new Church Rumor Mill book by DS. I need to know if it is worth purchasing.  The subject matter appears to be about GOSSIP and how it affects the church and the people in the church. Hopefully it is a book that can start some type of healing.  :pals: :console: :puppykisses: ;D

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »

I don't know why most folks would want to buy a book written by someone who has hurt so many people by the rumors he has spread, including his ex-wife, and who has such trouble making things right.

Now if he could gain the victory over his reticence of following 1 Jn. 1:9, then it would really be a book worth reading, I would think.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 07:46:45 AM »

Maybe Brenda Walsh will get on for free?  She really needs to read it.  She has told some whoppers!

Sam

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

This came to my Rumor Mill e-mail and I felt it is worth sharing:

Notice the bit about "Pastor or a Doctor". Now, we know Bob has been on the up and up regarding this. But what about a 3ABN Board Member, Wintley Phipps? At his Dream Academy website it rightly says that he received an honorary doctoral degree. Read about it here http://www.usdreamacademy.org/usdreamwintleyphipps.html
Note that it is not a doctoral degree in religion or theology. It's no degree at all, just an honorary one. No problem here though.

What's the problem? If you received your degree as an honorary one, it is common custom to place the (Hon.) behind your name or title. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honorary_doctorate  Go to the section Practical Use and read down about halfway.

But as you start to search around the web, you find that he often is referred to as Dr. Wintley Phipps. No "Honorary" distinction is made.

If you go to his church's website http://palmbaysdachurch.org/   see his title under his photo and look at the header bar, way up at the very very top of the website browser. They both say Dr. Wintley A. Phipps, Pastor. This is a gray area but could be considered a bit fraudulent. He he doesn't have a Doctoral Degree! But he makes people think he does! I wouldn't be surprised that if in some states it is illegal to call yourself "Dr." if you don't declare your degree as being honorary. If only he would put (Hon) or Dr.(h.c.) behind it all would be okay. But to go after Bob for something that a 3ABN board member is doing? Tsk tsk tsk.

For some reason, you can't click past the first page of Palm Bay's website. But here is a direct link to the pastor's page. http://palmbaysdachurch.org/church/pastor.php   Again, "Dr." Phipps. It even has his bio of education. But no mention of the honorary doctoral degree.

At this point I think we would all feel a little better if you even had an honorary degree from a law school instead of pretending to be a lawyer.

Sam

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »

I don't know why most folks would want to buy a book written by someone who has hurt so many people by the rumors he has spread, including his ex-wife, and who has such trouble making things right.

Now if he could gain the victory over his reticence of following 1 Jn. 1:9, then it would really be a book worth reading, I would think.

THat's rich Bob coming from you.  I hear people are calling you the "rumor king".  That is kind considering all the people and families that you have hurt just to try and get to one man.

Sam

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »

Maybe Brenda Walsh will get on for free?  She really needs to read it.  She has told some whoppers!

What proof to you have for that accusation Fran?  If I was 3abn I would bring you into the lawsuit right along with Joy and Pickle as you have made just as many slanderous statements as they have.  You also state your accusations as fact which constitutes defamation. I assume 3abn doesn't have a clue about you or they surely would have your name on the suit.  Maybe someone should tell them.

Habanero

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 01:28:03 AM »

A good day to the lovely and charming Sam. We are all delighted to see someone who is disgusted and horrified at people who don't represent Christ in the their words. Thank you! Your fury at how some represent 3ABN in its representation of Christ, as your desire to see Christ represented through 3ABN, or see those who don't represent him through them and Danny, sued, prosecuted and persecuted is such a perfect and wonderful representation, is touching and makes all who see your love, forgiveness and Christian beauty wish to be all that you are in your representation of them. I am prepared to plant a stake in the ground and light the fires on them for you, 3ABN and Jesus! Thank God for the Christian love of 3ABN as shown through you! Viva suing for Jesus!!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 07:56:05 AM by Habanero »

Johann

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 02:36:05 AM »

!nemA

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 05:33:00 AM »

What proof to you have for that accusation Fran?

Brenda stated that Linda got the tickets for the planned trip to Florida, when in reality Brenda herself reserved the tickets and 3ABN apparently paid for them.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 05:34:02 AM »

THat's rich Bob coming from you.  I hear people are calling you the "rumor king".  That is kind considering all the people and families that you have hurt just to try and get to one man.

Want to list any "rumors" I've told?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 10:18:15 PM »

Sammy, you sound like a very bitter and angry person - almost as if you might be a member of one of those "hurt families"...

Habanero

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 12:04:06 AM »

Hey, hey! Don't hound Sam. He is just doing his best to represent 3ABN's Christianity, and he is doing a wonderful job of it. After all, as they represent it Jesus would say "Sue those who speak ill of you. Prosecute those who think badly of you. If someone smites your cheek, don't turn the other cheek, sue them into the poor house and make them wish they had never heard of Christ. If your ethics are questioned blackmail and sue the one who questions you." His Jesus is such a wonderful, forgiving god of litigation it makes me want to evangelize him to the world at the edge of the sword. Long live those 3ABN Jesus suites! May all who disagree with 3ABN and Sam be sued into the ground in the name of their litigious lord and saviour whose love for the world is persecution and law suites.

So don't be implying that he has an axe to grind, as you have done. He is just trying to spread the gospel of Jesus suites, although, he has implied that 3ABN is not quite litigious enough to represent his passion for the spread of christianity.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:46:07 AM by Habanero »

Jack Indabocks

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 03:46:31 AM »

Hey, hey! Don't hound Sam. He is just doing his best to represent 3ABN's Christianity, and he is doing a wonderful job of it. After all, as they represent it Jesus would say "Sue those who speak ill of you. Prosecute those who think badly of you. If someone smites your cheek, don't turn the other cheek, sue them into the poor house and make them wish they had never heard of Christ. If your ethics are questioned blackmail and sue the one who questions you." His Jesus is such a wonderful, forgiving god of litigation it makes me want to evangelize him to the world at the edge of the sword. Long live those 3ABN Jesus suites! May all who disagree with 3ABN and Sam be sued into the ground in the name of their litigious lord and saviour whose love for the world is persecution and law suites.

So don't be implying that he has an axe to grind, as you have done. He is just trying to spread the gospel of Jesus suites, although, he has implied that 3ABN is not quite litigious enough to represent his passion for the spread of christianity.

Speaking out of both sides of your mouth has to be extremely difficult.

I am constantly amazed at how you can mingle smile and play nice-nice with those at 3abn and never say a word about any of this, and then talk about them like dogs on the internet.

Considering your involvement in all this from the beginning, and the axe you have been grinding and helping others to, you would have to think us all very stupid to not be able to see right through your act?

I am just saying...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:50:27 AM by Jack Indabocks »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up