Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN and the Seventh-day Adventist Church  (Read 18750 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
3ABN and the Seventh-day Adventist Church
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »

From www.savedthru3abn.org, copyright 3ABN 2010, Danny Shelton states: 

At a recent 3ABN Camp Meeting, Pastor Jim Gilley (former assistant to the president of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists) shared these statistics with us: in 1984, before 3ABN started, there were an estimated five to six million Adventists worldwide; today that figure has grown to fifteen million Adventists. Our church growth has exploded in the last twenty years. Elder Gilley attributes the impact of 3ABN’s worldwide network as one of the main reasons for this growth!

This is followed by the statement:

Since 1997, 3ABN has enjoyed a formal working agreement with the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists to support each other in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world. Our network is accepted as a supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Danny Shelton then makes the point:

Does this mean that 3ABN no longer has opposition from within the church and outside the church? Absolutely not!

Since there is a 2010 copyright on this "Miracle of 3ABN, Beyond Our Wildest Imaginations" page of the www.savedthru3abn.org site, Shelton would appear to believe that his ministry, 3ABN, is currently being opposed from within the SDA church.

This is in spite of the fact that, according to Shelton, the 3ABN network is a supporting ministry of the SDA church.   

Is the Seventh-day Adventist church supporting Shelton's 3ABN ministry or opposing it?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

Re: 3ABN and the Seventh-day Adventist Church
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:12:13 AM »

From www.savedthru3abn.org, copyright 3ABN 2010, Danny Shelton states: 

At a recent 3ABN Camp Meeting, Pastor Jim Gilley (former assistant to the president of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists) shared these statistics with us: in 1984, before 3ABN started, there were an estimated five to six million Adventists worldwide; today that figure has grown to fifteen million Adventists. Our church growth has exploded in the last twenty years. Elder Gilley attributes the impact of 3ABN’s worldwide network as one of the main reasons for this growth!

A church leader wrote to me recently that although 3ABN tries to take credit for most souls won in his area, a majority of the people baptized whom he has talked to, never heard of 3ABN.

This is followed by the statement:

Since 1997, 3ABN has enjoyed a formal working agreement with the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists to support each other in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world. Our network is accepted as a supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Danny Shelton has several times made some interesting statements about what happened at that time.

Danny Shelton then makes the point:

Does this mean that 3ABN no longer has opposition from within the church and outside the church? Absolutely not!

Since there is a 2010 copyright on this "Miracle of 3ABN, Beyond Our Wildest Imaginations" page of the www.savedthru3abn.org site, Shelton would appear to believe that his ministry, 3ABN, is currently being opposed from within the SDA church.

This is in spite of the fact that, according to Shelton, the 3ABN network is a supporting ministry of the SDA church.   

Is the Seventh-day Adventist church supporting Shelton's 3ABN ministry or opposing it?

My job was to get the leadership of the Church in Europe to accept 3ABN as a supporting ministry. In certain areas I found this almost impossible because the leaders had had too many bad experiences with 3ABN, so they issued statements warning conferences not to associate with this particular ministry. So Danny Shelton is definitely telling the truth when he says there is opposition. Some humility from the leadership of 3ABN would have shown a more Christlike service to the World. Some more "critics" on the board may not have pleased the administration, but would have made a world of difference in making 3ABN a powerful Christian endeavor and a witness for Christ and the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 12:02:39 PM »

My job was to get the leadership of the Church in Europe to accept 3ABN as a supporting ministry. In certain areas I found this almost impossible because the leaders had had too many bad experiences with 3ABN, so they issued statements warning conferences not to associate with this particular ministry.

It's too bad it had to happen that way.

Johann

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 12:54:01 PM »

"Is your imagination stayed on God or is it starved?" ~ Oswald Chambers

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 06:40:03 PM »

Artiste, I think that page was posted by the summer of 2007. So Danny was referring to us when he mentioned opposition.

Danny stated on that web page, "As we celebrate our 23rd anniversary, we recognize that we are poised for explosive growth!" Has 3ABN experienced the "explosive growth" Danny predicted?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 09:03:26 PM »

Regardless of when the material on the page was written, since it has a 2010 copyright, the information on the page would indicate that 3ABN is currently a supporting ministry with the SDA church, apparently in good standing.

Is that definitely the case at this time? 

Pat Williams

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 09:33:28 AM »

Regardless of when the material on the page was written, since it has a 2010 copyright, the information on the page would indicate that 3ABN is currently a supporting ministry with the SDA church, apparently in good standing.

Yes it is, Artiste. That is why there is no problem or conflicts of interest with the Illinois Conference President being a 3ABN board member, among many other things.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 11:31:15 PM »

Yes it is, Artiste. That is why there is no problem or conflicts of interest with the Illinois Conference President being a 3ABN board member, among many other things.

Thank you for disclosing the reaching fingers of deceit and corruption within the church's of Illinois and the money pits. The whole state is known to be almost the worst in USA! Including 3ABN! Why would there be any problem? Birds of a feather flock together.  Advent talk shows clearly the state of Advent people as they justify the use of pew money and liberal conversations of justifications for every comment.

It has also shown the condition and state the advent people are in. Hope channel except for some select progamming is also giving up the "old time doctrines" that they feel need change to appeal to the people. At first seemed great but slowly giving up to the ways of habit and worldly views on some shocking programs. Now tired of it as it all seems like people that make comments like above.  The only reason that it probably is still going because the true blues don't have access to what is happening.  In fact many true blues are too busy trying to survive faithfully to which the enemy counts on.  Count, snatch and hide your pennies 3abn defender one by one before the end is done! The money will get....rewards! the justifiers and the sympathisers will finally be swallowed up. Not surprising at all from what has been read on here! Let the commentors have their sway....as the truth will come another day! You cannot hide what has been viewed.

Corrected formatting only - by Johann
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 03:18:50 AM by Johann »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 02:19:48 PM »

In reviewing recent or up-coming programs presented by 3ABN, I see that Jay Gallimore, president of the Michigan conference, Shawn Boonstra of It Is Written, Jim Ayer of Adventist World Radio and Lincoln Steed, editor of Liberty magazine of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, among others, are all featured in conjunction with such 3ABN notables as Brenda Walsh and Hal Steenson.

Since the Seventh-day Adventist church leadership so obviously trusts and validates 3ABN's media outreach by this implied endorsement, why are some of us on this forum having controversy with such posters as 3ABN_Defender?   

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 05:13:41 PM »

because to a few --lifesyle came into view, -divorce, fornications, adultery, jets, smoking, molestation of minors, community money, sports cars, houses profit from non-profit you know the moral thing came into view..with "extravaganza" for all the "volunteers". Then, fabrications, lies, claiming not to be associated with the church and you know most oldies are not on the computer and even know that anything is going on.  Now you say and it appears the advent church is right in the midst of all. why not there is money in it.

Kinda like the BO saga. they will learn too late. and who mostly supports the church.... the oldies.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 12:47:01 PM »

In reviewing recent or up-coming programs presented by 3ABN, I see that Jay Gallimore, president of the Michigan conference, Shawn Boonstra of It Is Written, Jim Ayer of Adventist World Radio and Lincoln Steed, editor of Liberty magazine of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, among others, are all featured in conjunction with such 3ABN notables as Brenda Walsh and Hal Steenson.

Since the Seventh-day Adventist church leadership so obviously trusts and validates 3ABN's media outreach by this implied endorsement, why are some of us on this forum having controversy with such posters as 3ABN_Defender?   

Dr. Arild Abrahamsen in Svindal, Norway, said regarding Danny Shelton, "I could see from my 35 years of experience as a physician that Danny was a psychopath".

Alyssa Moore, Danny Shelton's ex-stepdaughter, has accused Danny in a notarized affidavit of molesting her.

How much longer is the Seventh-day Adventist church leadership going to continue turning its eyes away from the problems that this media entity enables in its midst?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 03:16:21 PM »

It sure is discouraging with the church especially since there seemed to be a problem likewise with his own daughter too if true. It was discussed on different post maybe was it "sister" don't recall exactely where but it seemed to say that DS liked sleeping in the same place with her too. Would his own daughter come up with this and why if not the truth? Was not there a document to this effect?

This needs to be dealt with but how-- when 3abn claims no affiliation and the church uses 3abn resourses. What a bummer!! or were both girls lying? One from each side of the fence. Hmmm.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:33:50 PM by tinka »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 05:34:45 AM »

It has been questioned in another thread whether reality has set in for the 3ABN defenders.

And the next question was:  Has reality set in for the Seventh-day Adventist Church?

From Wikipedia, "3ABN":

It [3ABN] is an independently owned and operated (not funded by any church or denominational group) ministry; however, it supports the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

And further down:

Some of the more serious allegations reported on at Save-3ABN dot com resulted in the
arrest of Tommy Shelton by Fairfax County police on March 16, 2010, following a two-year investigation.

A quick Google search of 3ABN and Tommy Shelton reveals such entries as:

"Please plan to join us for a special time with Danny Shelton, 3ABN president, and special musical guest Tommy Shelton", interspersed with allegations of Tommy Shelton's sexual misconduct.

And, from the 3ABN website, music section:

"Reflections CD":  Danny and Tommy Shelton join Melody Shelton Firestone in this recording of favorite songs sung by the Shelton Trio of by-gone years. Three tracks feature the original trio which included Melody's mother, Kay Shelton, who lost her life in a tragic car accident.

Not only Tommy Shelton, but Danny Shelton has been implicated for molestation, and some believe that his first wife, mentioned above, died under questionable circumstances.

How long will the Seventh-day Adventist Church by its silence continue to endorse 3ABN?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 05:41:53 AM by Artiste »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 05:56:25 AM »

Not only Tommy Shelton, but Danny Shelton has been implicated for molestation, and some believe that his first wife, mentioned above, died under questionable circumstances.
Everyone knows I don't defend Danny, but I have to admit that it disturbs me when people keep bringing up the issue of Kay's death. I know the crossing well where she died. I've been through it literally thousands of times. I can tell you that I see NO WAY that the crash could have been anything but a tragic accident.

Danny may have done a lot of things, but I don't see any way he could have been involved in Kay's death.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 06:14:44 AM »

Taken from 3ABN's Property Tax Case, Danny Shelton, witness, September 23, 2002, as reproduced on the Save-3ABN site:

Q. Good morning, Mr. Shelton.
A. Good morning.
Q. Can you tell us your full name and address for the record this morning?
A.. Danny Lee Shelton. I live at ****************.

And later, while giving testimony as to his work and position at 3ABN:

Suddenly I thought about Moses and the bible
who had been away from the people for 40 years, was 80
years old when he took the call and his previous wife
had been murdered and yet God used him.

I was confused by this.

Where in the Bible does it say that Moses had a previous wife that was murdered?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up