Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3-ABN at the General Conference  (Read 17287 times)

Gregory

• Veteran Member
3-ABN at the General Conference
« on: July 01, 2010, 07:31:35 PM »

3-ABN was out in full force at the current General Confernce.  It set up a both in the Exhibit Hall, the size of which placed it in the upper half of booths in size.  Half of the booth was devoted to the production of TV interviews with various people. The editing facilities for this were on a second story to the booth.  All together, the attendents responding to peoples questions and the production personnel often required about a dozen 3-ABN people to be at the booth.  From day to day, around the  clock, the asiles next to the 3-ABN booth were typically packed with people wanting to observe and to interact with the staff.

All in all, the graphics design people did a great job of promoting 3-ABN.  3-ABN gave away hundreds (probably thousands) of plastic bags for people to carry items.  Others did also. But, those of 3-ABN were of some of the best quality in enough quantity to be given to all.  The printing on the bags was designed by the daughter and her husband of the artist V. Isa and were of striking design.  On any day of the week the 3-ABN bags were seen throughout the vast numbers of people attending the activities fo the Session.    Reaching high above the booth was a striking logo that advertised the presence of the booth and directed people to where it was located.

Unfortunately for 3-ABN, the location of the booth was not in the best place (for them) in the exhibit hall.  People really had to work to get to it.  But they did.

Just reporting the facts.

Fran

• Veteran Member
Re: 3-ABN at the General Conference
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:43:11 PM »

And?  Hope got good places.  I am surprised they even allowed 3ABN anyplace at all!  I have all the hope in the world that 3ABN is about to see God's the writing on the Wall of God!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:42:05 PM »

Why dont' you all have a crying smiley?!!!  I am so disappointed!  I would give anything to walk up to that booth and say "Hello Danny!  I'm Princessdi!"   Sigh.........LOL!!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »

Hope tries to be gracious. The SDA church is now awash with TV networks: Hope (9 or 10 networks), 3ABN (2 networks), LLBN (3 networks), Amazing Facts, and Amazing Discoveries. There was a time when 3ABN was the only one, and with the new landscape of Adventist media, the shrinking donor base, the economic crunch on the faithful donors, the splitting up of donations between so many entities, 3ABN and all the others will have to plot out a paradigm shift in direction and policy if they are to survive in a competetive market.

And?  Hope got good places.  I am surprised they even allowed 3ABN anyplace at all!  I have all the hope in the world that 3ABN is about to see God's the writing on the Wall of God!

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 04:50:39 AM »

Just think what "might have been" if corruption did not hit! God tried that too but look what man did with stolen proceeds. The same at the other "creation".

RBF

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 07:17:37 AM »

All in all, the graphics design people did a great job of promoting 3-ABN.  3-ABN gave away hundreds (probably thousands) of plastic bags for people to carry items.  Others did also. But, those of 3-ABN were of some of the best quality in enough quantity to be given to all.  The printing on the bags was designed by the daughter and her husband of the artist V. Isa and were of striking design.  On any day of the week the 3-ABN bags were seen throughout the vast numbers of people attending the activities fo the Session.    Reaching high above the booth was a striking logo that advertised the presence of the booth and directed people to where it was located.

Unfortunately for 3-ABN, the location of the booth was not in the best place (for them) in the exhibit hall.  People really had to work to get to it.  But they did.

I used my bag from Hope! 
RBF

Pat Williams

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 08:37:17 AM »

What, are you saying, people!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Fran wrote:
And?  Hope got good places.  I am surprised they even allowed 3ABN anyplace at all!  I have all the hope in the world that 3ABN is about to see God's the writing on the Wall of God!

princessdi wrote:
Why dont' you all have a crying smiley?!!!  I am so disappointed!  I would give anything to walk up to that booth and say "Hello Danny!  I'm Princessdi!"   Sigh.........LOL!!!

George wrote:
"Hope tries to be gracious...3ABN and all the others will have to plot out a paradigm shift in direction and policy if they are to survive in a competetive market."

??????????????????????????????

"a competetive market"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God's people shouldn't compete against one another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lose self!

The good news is universal, God calls and loves all, and His people need to be standing and working together and helping one another to proclaim the truth of HIS CHARACTER and TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY? do we draw these lines in the sand, and keep thinking all who jump on our side are with us or those who stand on the other side are against us and that these are the things God cares about and will judge us  on?

I can't help it, I am reminded of the "dry bones" of EZ 37 here, it was only the Lord which knit them together gave them life and their purpose, enabling them to function. It is so sad that individuals persist in acting as if they are isolated atoms and making themselves that without seeing it.

If we are ever to be the body of Christ,and function as that we have to start acting, talking and believing it, and stop having arms arguing with legs, and ears and toes opposed to eyes etc and acting like it's some competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not.

Until we identify with Christ as he hung on that cross, hurting, suffering and dying for all his enemies and those who put him there (you and I) and understand why he did so, and are willing to do the same, we will get nowhere.

Try reading what Jesus prayed for before giving his life for us, one of the most beautiful prayers I have ever heard or read, he poured his heart out, asking that we would all be one.. (John 17) It wasn't till his disciples in that upper room finally comprehended that and put aside their competition and self and truly became one that the holy spirit was poured out empowering them and caused them to be able to turn this world upside down, we truly need to understand that also.

Wake up people! Let's get our priorities straight! Time is indeed short here.

If we don't do the work we are called to, the very rocks will cry out his truth and make it known, to our shame.

He is coming back, and he is coming soon.

Hope tries to be gracious. The SDA church is now awash with TV networks: Hope (9 or 10 networks), 3ABN (2 networks), LLBN (3 networks), Amazing Facts, and Amazing Discoveries. There was a time when 3ABN was the only one, and with the new landscape of Adventist media, the shrinking donor base, the economic crunch on the faithful donors, the splitting up of donations between so many entities, 3ABN and all the others will have to plot out a paradigm shift in direction and policy if they are to survive in a competetive market.

And?  Hope got good places.  I am surprised they even allowed 3ABN anyplace at all!  I have all the hope in the world that 3ABN is about to see God's the writing on the Wall of God!

edited :to fix quotes
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 09:02:34 AM by 3ABN_Defender »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 09:31:35 AM »

Too late, the game has been played, sifting is being done. Proceeds and lives have been wasted. This was our message since 1844. It got worse and the tares will stay until gone. Organizational groups and clubs will not enter togther. We were told and the enemy separated the church the money's use, 3abn and minglers of SDA let it happen. Time is much gone for the message in unity except for the truth in each individuals heart.  The leaders had their chance. I think the lay will work for God's cause in what is left of time. Hope had their chance too till they displayed all against the SP and anything goes. What is left is the money scavangers to their own self demise. This is what each individual needs to wake up to now as man falters fast making their own destruction. Yes, all evidence truly presents a very short time left.  and John Loco sat in the presence of this great manupliation and torcher of DS to LS????   John is a show off anyways.

GRAT

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 10:00:07 AM »

3-D - Big righteous words from one who acts in such a loving, Christlike manor to those who tick them off.   Why would I personally want to hear anything you have to say at this point?  There is an unanswered question standing in the way.

Pat Williams

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 10:07:48 AM »

Too late, the game has been played, sifting is being done. Proceeds and lives have been wasted. This was our message since 1844. It got worse and the tares will stay until gone. Organizational groups and clubs will not enter togther. We were told and the enemy separated the church the money's use, 3abn and minglers of SDA let it happen. Time is much gone for the message in unity except for the truth in each individuals heart.  The leaders had their chance. I think the lay will work for God's cause in what is left of time. Hope had their chance too till they displayed all against the SP and anything goes. What is left is the money scavangers to their own self demise. This is what each individual needs to wake up to now as man falters fast making their own destruction. Yes, all evidence truly presents a very short time left.  and John Loco sat in the presence of this great manupliation and torcher of DS to LS????   John is a show off anyways.

The Gospel is good news..

Is this good news or encouraging to anyone but the self-righteous?

Little Grasshopper

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 10:15:28 AM »

"Cinderella,

My two stepdaughters will look lovely at the ball this evening.  And, Cinderella,  you won't be there to see your two stepsisters presented to the Prince.  You'll be at home scrubbing the toilets.

Just reporting the facts, Cinderella."

Pat Williams

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 10:16:39 AM »

3-D - Big righteous words from one who acts in such a loving, Christlike manor to those who tick them off.   Why would I personally want to hear anything you have to say at this point?  There is an unanswered question standing in the way.

Who else cares whether you embrace me or are ticked off by me, or want to hear me or don't want to hear me in the scheme of all things?

Truth is truth, either stand by me in the majors, and allow God to sanctify and lead in all the minors knowing he will lead us all in the same direction and to the same truths, or don't and decide to be my enemy , your choice...

Speaking for myself, despite differences of opinions and views, I really wish you only the best, intend you no harm and don't want to fight. I want only the best for you, but that's me, and I can't control how you think or feel...

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 10:33:01 AM »

"Cinderella,

My two stepdaughters will look lovely at the ball this evening.  And, Cinderella,  you won't be there to see your two stepsisters presented to the Prince.  You'll be at home scrubbing the toilets.

Just reporting the facts, Cinderella."

Perhaps this was an attempt at humor, but it's.. not, it's also a  a fairy tale, but is there something which can be learned here?

It's hard to comprehend why "little grasshopper" would put themselves in the position of the wicked character, and the one she despises as the heroine, but one thing is clear.  Cinderella, abused, despised and insulted had someone watching out for her. She did go to the ball, she sought her true love as he sought her, and she found what she went looking for, and lived happily ever after. The evil stepmother who said this, and her daughters? Well, they didn't end up so well...

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »

Keep on shooting your "spitballs", 3D.

Who else cares whether you embrace me or are ticked off by me, or want to hear me or don't want to hear me in the scheme of all things?

Truth is truth, either stand by me in the majors, and allow God to sanctify and lead in all the minors knowing he will lead us all in the same direction and to the same truths, or don't and decide to be my enemy , your choice...

Speaking for myself, despite differences of opinions and views, I really wish you only the best, intend you no harm and don't want to fight. I want only the best for you, but that's me, and I can't control how you think or feel...
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Little Grasshopper

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 11:09:41 AM »

Cinderella, abused, despised and insulted had someone watching out for her. She did go to the ball, she sought her true love as he sought her, and she found what she went looking for, and lived happily ever after. The evil stepmother who said this, and her daughters? Well, they didn't end up so well...

Yep.

In the end, Cinderella did go to the ball.  Yes, she did.  She lived happily ever after.  Yes she did.

And so, we come the conclusion of the Cinderella parable. 

People have been known to use parables from time to time.  Can you think of anyone in the Bible who used them?

For instance, the parable, The Prodigal Son, also known as the Lost Son,  one of the best known parables of Jesus,  is not about the art of pig farming.

Sometimes when people say, "Just reporting the facts,"  they are rarely packaging "just the facts" into that comment.  However, I think you know that, Nosir Myzing.

Thanks for your feigned confusion on the issue of parables, Nosir Myzing.  It was fun.

Little Grasshopper

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up