Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "What Is This You Have in Your Hand?"  (Read 24638 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: "What Is This You Have in Your Hand?"
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »

So at this point it is still speculation as to which Tammy operated Tammy's store.

Not quite sure what you had in mind in making this statement, Kitty.

Or maybe you missed Bob's clarification.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »

It appears to be a well-accepted fact that 3ABN sells their donated items on eBay in order to bring the financial value of the gifts to 3ABN's ministry.

Why then does Tammy Shelton Chance, Donation Center Manager, deny having had any eBay stores?

Here is another of Tammy's statements from her e-mail on the Yahoo site:

"My personal ebay practices have no connection to 3abn and would actually be nobody's business. I do not mean that in a hateful way, but I just can't imagine why anybody would be interested in something so minute."

In that case, why would people be interested or care if she has sold on eBay or not?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Kitty

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 07:08:05 PM »

Artiste,.
\
Bob just did not seem positive that he knew for sure if it was Tammy Chance or not.
I am well aware that there are serious problems back in Illinois as I personally know a number of people that have either worked there or been involved as volunteers.   I have  been in touch with 3abn for about a decade so I am not in the dark about this very sad situation for the work of the gospel.
I just think that we should be clear in our facts.   

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 07:29:09 PM »

You will find that I characteristically try to limit my statements to what I can demonstrate beyond reasonable doubt. Thus I may not have previously explicitly stated that Tammy Chance was the Tammy in West Frankfort.

But I think I can state that now.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 08:56:01 PM »

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 10:44:48 PM »

Hhmm...  I tried mapquest...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=West+Frankfort&state=IL&address=812+Worden&zipcode=62896

It seems that 812 Worden could be an address in West Frankfort.

Good work Snoopy. You keep on 'Snooping'. You're doing a great job!  :dogwag:

Serendipity

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 05:10:50 AM »

It appears to be a well-accepted fact that 3ABN sells their donated items on eBay in order to bring the financial value of the gifts to 3ABN's ministry.

Why then does Tammy Shelton Chance, Donation Center Manager, deny having had any eBay stores?

She not deny 3ABN having Three Angels Gift Shop. She just denys having her own store.

Here is another of Tammy's statements from her e-mail on the Yahoo site:

"My personal ebay practices have no connection to 3abn and would actually be nobody's business. I do not mean that in a hateful way, but I just can't imagine why anybody would be interested in something so minute."

In that case, why would people be interested or care if she has sold on eBay or not?

Is Fran and friends interested, looking up, caring, and bringing up over and over.

Ask them.

I think would not be important to be "interested or care if she sold on Ebay or not" if they not trying to say that Tammy Chance big thief.

Is not good but they try hard to find something wrong so can be right about what they say about 3ABN and all Sheltons.

They will not stop doing this.

That is what I think.

Sera

edit to fix how I write post. :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 05:55:49 AM by Serendipity »

Serendipity

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 05:12:24 AM »

Hhmm...  I tried mapquest...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=West+Frankfort&state=IL&address=812+Worden&zipcode=62896

It seems that 812 Worden could be an address in West Frankfort.

Because Kemosabe say "Could be an address"?

So? Point is what?

Why use time "snooping" about that?

edit to quote :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 06:05:20 AM by Serendipity »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 06:30:13 AM »

She not deny 3ABN having Three Angels Gift Shop. She just denys having her own store.

Which is the point that was made. She denied ever having a store, and yet she appears to have had Tammy's Variety Outlet. No explanation has yet been given for this discrepancy.

Jack Indabocks

Re: \"What Is This You Have in Your Hand?\"
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 07:23:30 AM »

It appears to be a well-accepted fact that 3ABN sells their donated items on eBay in order to bring the financial value of the gifts to 3ABN\'s ministry.

Which is the point that was made. She denied ever having a store, and yet she appears to have had Tammy\'s Variety Outlet. No explanation has yet been given for this discrepancy.

I agree with Serendipity\'s posts. This whole agenda to indite anything Shelton has become absurdly petty and vindictive. In a word it is a joke. And sad to say several of you have made yourselves the [censored] of the joke by going to ridiculous means and ends to find janything to use to point a finger or find fault.

Has it ever once occurred to you that the discrepancy may have nothing to do with Tammy Chance?

Even if she did have a store, (which she claims she did not have, and Ebay has no record of) so what?

What does that Have to do with 3ABN, any of the allegations against them, or the \"lawsuite\"?

The IRS found nothing criminally wrong in their Investigation of 3Abns finances. Deal with it Mr Pickle and move on.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 09:05:33 AM »

Jack, looks like you are changing the claim. The claim was that the IRS did not find one infraction or discrepancy, and now you are saying that the IRS found nothing criminally wrong. Which is it?

Now you've asked what Tammy apparently lying about not having a store has to do with 3ABN. Remember how Tammy was specially featured at 3ABN's camp meeting/10 Commandment weekend? Why would she be specially featured if she does indeed break the 9th commandment, and then refuses to apologize for doing so?

We are all sinners, but God does expect confession, repentance, obedience, and restitution. 3ABN has trouble in this area.

So Jack, do you really feel that lying is "so what"?

Jack Indabocks

Re: \\\"What Is This You Have in Your Hand?\\\"
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 09:55:25 AM »

Jack, looks like you are changing the claim. The claim was that the IRS did not find one infraction or discrepancy, and now you are saying that the IRS found nothing criminally wrong. Which is it?

Now you\\\'ve asked what Tammy apparently lying about not having a store has to do with 3ABN. Remember how Tammy was specially featured at 3ABN\\\'s camp meeting/10 Commandment weekend? Why would she be specially featured if she does indeed break the 9th commandment, and then refuses to apologize for doing so?

We are all sinners, but God does expect confession, repentance, obedience, and restitution. 3ABN has trouble in this area.

So Jack, do you really feel that lying is \"so what\"?

Bob,

1. You have alleged that Danny Shelton did something criminally wrong, the IRS did not agree. Accept it and move on.

In addition it appears from the announcements by 3ABN that the IRS did not find any discrepancies or infractions. That 3ABN Live, Behind the scenes, with Jim Gilley  re airs this afternoon.

2. Those are your words in the bold text above. They are not my words. That is not my question.
These tactics and methods you use hurt your credibility and make your own arguments invalid.

A fallacy is a component of an argument which, being demonstrably flawed in its logic or form, renders the argument invalid in whole. [/url]

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 10:05:33 AM »

Jack, I note your quotes around "lawsuite" above.   I'm frankly surprised that our resident grammar expert, Eduard, has not posted one of his essays on proper use of the English language aimed at Gailon for his interesting spelling of the word.  It is an actual word, however, at least when there is a space between:

From the American Bar Association Publication, How to Start and Build a Law Practice, (3rd Edition) by Jay G. Foonberg. ]

"By definition, a law suite is a large office where many different attorneys practice. These attorneys may be sole practitioners or they may be small firms, but they are not the tenants of the owner of the building. They are subtenants, or licensees of the tenant ..." At page 42.

"A law suite gives the attorney a flexibility unattainable in the traditional landlord/tenant relationship ..." At page 43.

"Paul Fegen (pronounced FEE-jin) is the pioneer in the concept of the law suite. It is to his credit that the law suite is also known as the Fegen Suite." At page 44.

A legal suite is not a partnership, an association or an "of counsel" relationship. All attorneys in this legal suite are in sole practice.

So it doesn't actually refer to the legal process know as a law suit, but is in the wider ball park of legal terminology.  If it has been a source of quiet irritation to Eduard, he can now relax as it has been duly addressed.

Most of us have interesting little uniquely individual quirks that identify us, sort of like Marylin Monroe's mole...

President Bush says "nucular"...
Danny Shelton says "internets"...
Gailon Arthur Joy says "law suite"...

Let's just hope, for Gailon's sake, that Paul Fegen hasn't trademarked, registered or copyrighted the term and is expecting royalties for its use.

??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: \\\"What Is This You Have in Your Hand?\\\"
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 10:14:43 AM »

Dear Jack,

\\\\///\/\/\\\\////\\//\/\//////\\///////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

*#)&^#@$%&(_+*&^#@$@%^^(&%&$%^#$@##!#@!$%^$^%%()*&

:puppykisses:

Love,

Snoopy

Now you\\\'ve asked what Tammy apparently lying about not having a store has to do with 3ABN. Remember how Tammy was specially featured at 3ABN\\\'s camp meeting/10 Commandment weekend? Why would she be specially featured if she does indeed break the 9th commandment, and then refuses to apologize for doing so?

So Jack, do you really feel that lying is \"so what\"?

Bob,

1. You have alleged that Danny Shelton did something criminally wrong, the IRS did not agree. Accept it and move on.

In addition it appears from the announcements by 3ABN that the IRS did not find any discrepancies or infractions. That 3ABN Live, Behind the scenes, with Jim Gilley  re airs this afternoon.

2. Those are your words in the bold text above. They are not my words. That is not my question.
These tactics and methods you use hurt your credibility and make your own arguments invalid.

A fallacy is a component of an argument which, being demonstrably flawed in its logic or form, renders the argument invalid in whole. [/url]

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 10:15:01 AM »

Bob,

Jack, could you quote where I have accused Danny of doing something criminally wrong in contrast with something civilly wrong? Then we can talk about it.

Jack, please stop this utter nonsense that reporting a donation of property as cash on one's Sched. A is not an infraction or discrepancy.

Seventh-day Adventists believe in thinking for ourselves, not mindlessly following the crowd. That's why we keep the 7th day as the Sabbath, regardless of how many scholars or popes say that we are wrong. Thus, no knowledgeable Adventist is going to accept the line that reporting a donation of property as cash is neither an infraction nor a discrepancy.

But weren't those your words? You said:

"Even if she did have a store, (which she claims she did not have, and Ebay has no record of) so what?

"What does that Have to do with 3ABN, any of the allegations against them, or the "lawsuite"?"

Aren't you therefore asking what it has to do with 3ABN if Tammy allegedly lied about allegedly having a store? Aren't you asking "so what" if someone lied and refuses to apologize?

If you weren't asking that, what were you asking?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up