Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Openness and confidentiality  (Read 3297 times)

Johann

Openness and confidentiality
« on: November 12, 2008, 03:31:41 AM »

The media state that Obama visited Bush in the White House to discuss methods to get out of the present crisis as soon as possible. There was no press meeting afterward, but the news leaked out, also how they would cooperate, as I understood it, while Bush is still in office.

I understand the news leakage made Bush furious, blaming it on Obama or his associates. Busch claims this knowledge is destroying his last days in office.

I have no desire to get into the political arguments of this issue, but would only like to discuss the principle of openness or confidentiality. It seems like the world should know what the two mightiest men in the world will do to get us out of this present crisis. Was it wrong to be open about it?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Openness and confidentiality
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 06:10:18 AM »

Didn't you in your active days as a pastor know things from church board meetings, nominating committee meetings, etc. that had to be kept confidential?

What President Bush wanted to be kept confidential should have remained so, at least until after the inaugeration of President-Elect Obama.
Pages: [1]   Go Up