Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Banned from the USA  (Read 29064 times)

mrst53

Re: Banned from the USA
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2010, 03:56:37 PM »

I guess the only place racism will be truly gone is in heaven and that is sad. The only thing we can do is love one another, one on one and change one heart at a time. I don't want this sin to be found on my book when I reach the gates of heaven.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2010, 04:42:30 PM »

In sooo many words, this is my point too and what I have been trying say over and over. It the only way we can be excepted.

christian

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2010, 09:31:27 PM »

In sooo many words, this is my point too and what I have been trying say over and over. It the only way we can be excepted.
You speak with folk tongue, out of two sides of your mouth. But outside you, the fact remains that the Adventist Church has a very big problem with prejudice. I have seen it manifest itself in so many ways and yet there are those who still try and act like it is not a HUGE PROBLEM, in our denomination.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2010, 10:09:39 PM »

Racism is very real across the board, and has equal footing in every race. White, black, hispanic, asian, arab, persian, indian... there is absolutely no innocent party there. It is unfortunately one of those genetic things built into humanity.

I live in an area where I see it every day. It is a literal death sentence for black or hispanic to cross territories. They hate each other with a mortal hatred. Asian groups kill asians who come from other parts of asia.

What about the other isms? Politicism where people hate, with mortal hatred, anyone who adheres to another political view... Christian? Tinka? And religionism where people hate each other to the point of murder for having divergent religious views. No, there is no group with clean hands that can beat its chest and cry "victim" without needing to look in the mirror and see the exact same thing written all over themselves.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2010, 05:10:05 AM »

Hmmm, No need for anyone to then cry and fight with wars for freedom and justice for all!  :usa:

What did God do in Heaven with prejudice and sin? And what did God have His people do against their enemies? Why did he provide a New Land for Religious freedom against the church of oppression? What do we do against religions of oppressions that are fast invading while we still have a moment left? What do we do  with the invaders of deceit, trickery and mind set of greed to take what others work for. They have one mind set and their intentions are obvious. USA people are now scrambling form the snow job. If not, the constitution will be gone just as EGW stated it would be.

Shall we not fight for freedom as long as we have it without the accusation of wrong terminology? or shall we stand oppressed after our true God be taken out of our nation and replaced with theirs? These "isms" are all embedded in the uncouth, the takers, justifying against the rules, unruly, obsessed, and possessed.

People upholding truth and God given gifts are not "isms" they are named a "remnant". Have you been watching the connections of the "isms" of the prophesied oppressors becoming under one number? Satan using the "wild" to do the inflictions with promises of disgusting awards?

I also realize SDA stance on conscientious objectors, ...If one can be in the health field fine but also if you choose for one to go fight in your place because of your own skin or objection while another dies for you in another while we all enjoy the assets then the right thing is to stand up in the name of love and compassion for another and the one gift of God "freedom for all".  Our fallen have all died in vain?  There is a big difference here in what is called the "isms".

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »

Actually, prejudice can be across the board, but racism cannot.  Racism requires that one group is dominant and have the power to opressing the other.  Meaning since bascially, until two years ago the administration/government of the United States was predominantly white.  Therefore they could effect racism on others, and not necessarily just minorities, as they have been a minority themselves for quite a while, they were just still in power. 

Now, don't get it twisted, just because we have an African American President, the rest is still predominantly white.

Kind of like the chuch(es).  We know that women are the majority in every denom, yet it is still the men, the minority who basically administrate, pastor, etc.   This also holds true for ethnic groups, whites(the minority), still "rule", basically.   

Racism is very real across the board, and has equal footing in every race. White, black, hispanic, asian, arab, persian, indian... there is absolutely no innocent party there. It is unfortunately one of those genetic things built into humanity.

I live in an area where I see it every day. It is a literal death sentence for black or hispanic to cross territories. They hate each other with a mortal hatred. Asian groups kill asians who come from other parts of asia.

What about the other isms? Politicism where people hate, with mortal hatred, anyone who adheres to another political view... Christian? Tinka? And religionism where people hate each other to the point of murder for having divergent religious views. No, there is no group with clean hands that can beat its chest and cry "victim" without needing to look in the mirror and see the exact same thing written all over themselves.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »

Definition of racism from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism)

Racism is the belief that the genetic factors which constitute race are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.[1] Racism's effects are called "racial discrimination." In the case of institutional racism, certain racial groups may be denied rights or benefits, or receive preferential treatment.

Racial discrimination typically points out taxonomic differences between different groups of people, although anyone may be discriminated against on an ethnic or cultural basis, independently of their somatic differences. According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnicity discrimination.

There is some evidence that the meaning of the term has changed over time, and that earlier definitions of racism involved the simple belief that human populations are divided into separate races.[2] Many biologists, anthropologists, and sociologists reject this taxonomy in favor of more specific and/or empirically verifiable criteria, such as geography, ethnicity, or a history of endogamy.[3]

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2010, 02:49:34 PM »

Thanks for that!   Alwyas willing to learn!    ;D
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2010, 03:25:54 PM »

I personally believe that the roots of racism are built into the human genome. In earlier ages humans had spread out to different parts of the world where they evolved to fit their environments, and developed new languages and customs. Over time, various groups began migrating, due largely to natural events and changes that made living conditions untenable. As they moved, they encountered strange people with different features living in the lands they needed, and had to conquer them. The people living in these lands saw strange people with odd features, speaking weird languages, encroaching on their land and had to defend it. Self preservation evolved the need to fear and conquer people who were different, and over thousands of years it became a fundamental part of human nature.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »

Christian...

You seem real fierce in your loyalty to President Obama. But let's face facts here. He's not doing so well right now. If he was, then the poll watchers wouldn't be predicting that the dems are about to lose the house and maybe even the senate. You have stated that he's doing a great job & you're entitled to believe and state that.

But the rest of the country ain't buyin' it...

"The rest of the Country..." has no idea what is just ahead...and it will not matter whether one Loves or Hates this candidate or another...THEY ALL FACE THE SAME FATE for the sins of their fathers...Don't they deserve to be warned???

Perhaps we should be spending our time giving the WARNING that has been entrusted to us.

Or, are we so compromised with the stench of a corrupt world we do not know the warning ourselves? Just where is your loyalty, with this candidate and his wife or that candidate and his wife, or is it with Jesus Christ of Nazerath and the warning message he has made clear to us. Those candidates do not have answers, regardless of background, party affiliation or religious belief. This much we do know, at some point the three frogs form an unholy alliance with the Vicar of Rome and you will either pledge allegiance and face eternal destruction or you will oppose it in Faith and will stand vigilantly for the TRUTH, proclaiming it in the LOUD CRY, the very last warning message for this pathetic and filthy planet.

The only real question is...what side of that warning will we all be on???

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

horsethief

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »

Gailon, just from your posts, you sound like you think you are some kind of Vicar...

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2010, 06:32:39 PM »

Gailon, just from your posts, you sound like you think you are some kind of Vicar...

Vicar: a person who acts in place of another; substitute.
a person who is authorized to perform the functions of another;

And in your opinion, just who am I acting in the place of or substitution for?

And who do you purport that I am authorized by?

And, finally, since we are all, in one form or another, VICARS for one entity
or another, just who are you substituting for? What is the vicarious origin
of your comments?

We are clearly headed for an "engaging" conversation and lets make the most
of the opportunity.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

horsethief

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2010, 07:09:09 PM »

Gailon.. You just came off real strong about the "LOud Cry".   Well, I'm not unaware of any of that. Yes, I know it's easy to get embroiled in political discussion and lose sight of what the real big picture is, but that doesn't necessarily make anyone lost... Maybe that's how I saw you as coming across as vicarious.

Revelation Chapter 1: verses 5 & 6 says (paraphrased) "Unto him who loved us and washed us from our sins in his own blood. And has made us kings and priests unto God and his Father." 

If Jesus has made me a priest in His kingdom, then WOW! I'm honored. That means I guess I'm in a vicar role for my family... That's cool with me.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2010, 07:17:51 PM »

And may we all be Vicars of Christ and be proud to raise high His standard knowing it is the answer to the worlds impossible dillema.

I pray we all be true vicars in everything we do. And may God give us the courage to fulfill our God Given purpose on earth.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Johann

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2010, 06:05:08 AM »

Now Bush has accomplished a book. According to the Associated Press Bush states:

"I didn't like it when people criticized me," Bush said. "And so you're not going to see me out there chirping away (at Obama). And I want our president to succeed. I love our country."

There is often a misperception that if a person is strongly opposed to Obama they must support Bush. That assumption would be patently false. I believe that Obama is one of the worst things that has happened to this country, second only to Bush. The Patriot Act took many of the freedoms that make America great, and put them into the hands of a few government officials. In the name of freedom, Bush took away our freedom. On another categorical level, Obama has taken our financial and personal decision making freedoms from us in the name of financial freedom, and placed them in the hands of government beaurocrats. Tea Party...? A group that would love to take away our religious freedom. In short, the Democrats want to take our money and personal/family decision making away, the Republicans want to take our civil freedoms away, and the Tea Partiers want to take our religious freedoms away. They are an unclean lot who look on the populace as nothing more than sheep to be sheared. And that, Tinka, Christian, Princess and Adam is the present status of the cycles that have afflicted peoples and nations for the duration of recorded history.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up