Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mollie Steenson: Gatekeeper and Korahite at 3ABN  (Read 20076 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Mollie Steenson: Gatekeeper and Korahite at 3ABN
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 12:19:24 AM »

Did you read the posts before mine?  Artiste's post regarding some trust services employees complaint to the CA Dept of Fair Housing and Employment in LA, case file #37A-AS-10394.  Or are you being purposely obtuse?

Yes, I somehow missed Artiste's post about  "the alleged perpetrator, Leonard Westphal" , but now that you have pointed it out along with the case number, aprox date, and location I have done some searching. The alleged complaints filed seem to have stopped and proceeded no further with the CA Dept of Fair Housing and Employment's investigation, then they did with Mollie Steenson's investigation.

IOW, I can't find any case in any courts, or on PACER either, with either this case number or any other, either back then or now...

I do believe that it was individuals who were fired and not "the staff of the Trust Services Department"  though.

I also believe that it is both good and wise not to repeat allegations ( as in the complaints of others) unless they can be substantiated as being factual.

I believe we reported, CORRECTLY, that claims were filed and the California Dept which determined that they did not have the correct jurisdiction and referred the "victims" to the Federal EEOC. That has been verified and the "victims" are now free to pursue their claims in a court of competent jurisdiction, if they choose to do so.

And by the way, by the end of the disgraceful process, the only Trust service dept members left were Leonard Westpahal and his current wife (another subject worthy of discussion), and since Leonard is the Dept Director, it would seem they were without staff by the end of the coup de grace, except Leonard's wife, if she qualifies as "staff".   

And another question arises, did Mollie Steenson do an investigation or simply carry out the will of her bosses(ie: the executioner)? Can you enlighten us here, IAN?

Gailon Arthur Joy

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 12:00:28 PM »

Did you read the posts before mine?  Artiste's post regarding some trust services employees complaint to the CA Dept of Fair Housing and Employment in LA, case file #37A-AS-10394.  Or are you being purposely obtuse?

Yes, I somehow missed Artiste's post about  "the alleged perpetrator, Leonard Westphal" , but now that you have pointed it out along with the case number, aprox date, and location I have done some searching. The alleged complaints filed seem to have stopped and proceeded no further with the CA Dept of Fair Housing and Employment's investigation, then they did with Mollie Steenson's investigation.

IOW, I can't find any case in any courts, or on PACER either, with either this case number or any other, either back then or now...

I do believe that it was individuals who were fired and not "the staff of the Trust Services Department"  though.

I also believe that it is both good and wise not to repeat allegations ( as in the complaints of others) unless they can be substantiated as being factual.

I believe we reported, CORRECTLY, that claims were filed and the California Dept which determined that they did not have the correct jurisdiction and referred the "victims" to the Federal EEOC. That has been verified and the "victims" are now free to pursue their claims in a court of competent jurisdiction, if they choose to do so. And by the way, by the end of the disgraceful process, the only Trust service dept members left were Leonard Westpahal and his current wife (another subject worthy of discussion), and since Leonard is the Dept Director, it would seem they were without staff by the end of the coup de grace, except Leonard's wife, if she qualifies as "staff".   

And another question arises, did Mollie Steenson do an investigation or simply carry out the will of her bosses(ie: the executioner)? Can you enlighten us here, IAN?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon, with Artiste's OP you began "to report correctly".  If you re-read the quote she made, you will discover those three little dots, "..." where portions of the larger statement that you made back on November 30, 2007 were removed so that there was no reference to either the source of the quote or to fact that the filed complaint # 37A-AS-10394 never reached the scheduled hearing.  Left out was the information that:

A hearing was scheduled for Sept 21, 2006, before the Hearing Examiner and just before the hearing, attorneys for 3ABN claimed exemption from State regulation as a religious organization and the Dept. counsel concurred and referred the file to the Federal EEOC office, that months later accepted jurisdiction.

What is yet unknown is if any of these former employees pursued legal remedies with the Federal EEOC or if they have moved on with their lives without addressing the original issues.  I'm sure that many of us remember the statement by one of these former employees that was posted on Save3abn.com very briefly, before the author wanted it removed.  Sadly, when an alleged victim does not report criminal behavior to the proper authorities and then follow through the legal steps, we are left with being unsure of the truth in the matter and their testimony becomes merely "he said/she said".
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 12:26:39 PM »

I believe we reported, CORRECTLY, that claims were filed and the California Dept which determined that they did not have the correct jurisdiction and referred the "victims" to the Federal EEOC. That has been verified and the "victims" are now free to pursue their claims in a court of competent jurisdiction, if they choose to do so. And by the way, by the end of the disgraceful process, the only Trust service dept members left were Leonard Westpahal and his current wife (another subject worthy of discussion), and since Leonard is the Dept Director, it would seem they were without staff by the end of the coup de grace, except Leonard's wife, if she qualifies as "staff".   

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon, with Artiste's OP you began "to report correctly".  If you re-read the quote she made, you will discover those three little dots, "..." where portions of the larger statement that you made back on November 30, 2007 were removed so that there was no reference to either the source of the quote or to fact that the filed complaint # 37A-AS-10394 never reached the scheduled hearing.  Left out was the information that:

A hearing was scheduled for Sept 21, 2006, before the Hearing Examiner and just before the hearing, attorneys for 3ABN claimed exemption from State regulation as a religious organization and the Dept. counsel concurred and referred the file to the Federal EEOC office, that months later accepted jurisdiction.

What is yet unknown is if any of these former employees pursued legal remedies with the Federal EEOC or if they have moved on with their lives without addressing the original issues.  I'm sure that many of us remember the statement by one of these former employees that was posted on Save3abn.com very briefly, before the author wanted it removed.  Sadly, when an alleged victim does not report criminal behavior to the proper authorities and then follow through the legal steps, we are left with being unsure of the truth in the matter and their testimony becomes merely "he said/she said".

No, GrandmaNettie, the three little dots that you feature above did not serve to leave out the further information that you post.

Please try to be more accurate in what you say.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 12:57:55 PM »

Yes, you are correct Artiste... the three little dots were for other parts left out.  The rest of the statement, one paragraph that followed the portion that quoted the case file with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and that noted the former employees taking their claims to the Federal EEOC (that Gailon referred to in his post) was simply left out.

I must also note that the quote was not your OP, as I posted to Gailon, but a follow-up post, Reply #5.  I apologize for my errors.

One of Mollie Steenson's gatekeeping duties appears to have been the firing of the staff of the Trust Services Department in April of 2006.

Subsequent to some concerns by the staff of the Trust Services department, action was taken as noted below:

The staff is said to have coalesced into a team determined to correct the issues. They put together packages of documentation providing evidence to support their concerns with various documents and appropriate cover-letters, sending them to Mollie Steenson, Danny Lee Shelton and Chairman Walter Thompson.

...Mollie spent most of a week interviewing all the staffers and at the end of the week Mollie Steenson is said to have summarily dismissed the support staff, leaving the alleged perpetrator, Leonard Westphal, in place.

At least some of the alleged victims / disaffected / dismissed employees filed complaints with the California Dept of Fair Housing and Employment in Los Angeles which opened a case file # 37A-AS-10394. The allegations are said to have included Racial Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Retaliation and sought compensation for lost wages and emotional distress. Two staffers are said to have kept a log of abuses and made these available to investigators.

Gailon Arthur Joy

No, GrandmaNettie, the three little dots that you feature above did not serve to leave out the further information that you post.

Please try to be more accurate in what you say.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Johann

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 02:08:29 PM »

Yes, you are correct Artiste... the three little dots were for other parts left out.  The rest of the statement, one paragraph that followed the portion that quoted the case file with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and that noted the former employees taking their claims to the Federal EEOC (that Gailon referred to in his post) was simply left out.

I must also note that the quote was not your OP, as I posted to Gailon, but a follow-up post, Reply #5.  I apologize for my errors.

We all make mistakes. The honest will admit it. Thank you!

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

[/quote]

Grandma, I realize you dod not know Administrative Procedure and let me enlighten you. The state or Federal EEOC is an an administrative entity only and "investigate" complaints. Rarely, a prosecutor, whether it be a state Attorney General or the Federal Prosecutor, will actually pursue the claim to seek injunctive relief or other remedies. 99% of the time, EEOC complaints simply come to a conclusion, with or without a hearing, present findings and then turn the case back to the complainant to pursue his claims which must usually be done within twelve months in a court of competent jurisdiction.

Since the complaining victims are now "denominational" employees, it is unlikely they will pursue their claims, regardless of the damages. One of the victims now works under the direct control of a 3ABN Director and is unlikely to jeopardize pension and other time of service related benefits to pursue the rightful claims. Such is the nature of Adventism.

Not many Mary Kay McLeods' out there...but then there is a fine example of a casualty!!! But then, standing on the Plain of Dura does not guarantee you will not get burned. And how many more before or after?

But, what does that say about 3ABN? Fill in the blanks and I'll be happy to affirm or deny!!! What it clearly says is that 3ABN does not care about the casulaties left in it's wake...too focused on it's Mission to care for those little people that get in the way. And in 3ABN's wake the bodies leave an obvious trail.

Gailon Arthur Joy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up