Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN retains two more lawyers  (Read 31804 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN retains two more lawyers
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2008, 07:43:58 AM »

With any sense, 3ABN simply negotiates resolutions and pays handsomely to bring silence to those claims as expediantly as possible.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Perhaps this is how the 3ABN/IRS issue was handled.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2008, 08:37:21 PM »

With any sense, 3ABN simply negotiates resolutions and pays handsomely to bring silence to those claims as expediantly as possible.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Time and the truth will be relevant at the right time. 

Wonder if...well time will tell.

Gailon Arthur Joy

==========

Inappropriate sentence removed. - Daryl Fawcett, Administrator.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:27:05 PM by Daryl Fawcett »

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2008, 04:02:33 AM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

I just loved the way that Gregory has fallen all over himself to brown-nose himself out of being added to this case. Wonder if...well time will tell.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

Wonder if... the worm has turned?

Eduard

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2008, 05:53:43 AM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

I just loved the way that Gregory has fallen all over himself to brown-nose himself out of being added to this case. Wonder if...well time will tell.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon,

I was getting a little confused. Gregory semed to leave the impression in his post that you agreed with his "analysis" of the law case. I wasn't seing in his long post anything but OBFUSCATION, and MISDIRECTION, and was wondering how you could agree with him on such "expert opinions" coming from someone uninformed and lacking expertise to make legal pronouncements and to assess a case. He seemed to have reached a tentative conclusion on the suit, and I was wandering how could this happen given that you are not even done with the discovery phase because of the very desperate efforts made by Danny Shelton's attorneys to keep you away from evidence that would prove that you were right. You know, I HATE when people play on both sides of the fence.

Eduard

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:04:01 AM by Eduard »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2008, 01:08:55 PM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon,

I was getting a little confused. Gregory semed to leave the impression in his post that you agreed with his "analysis" of the law case. I wasn't seing in his long post anything but OBFUSCATION, and MISDIRECTION, and was wondering how you could agree with him on such "expert opinions" coming from someone uninformed and lacking expertise to make legal pronouncements and to assess a case. He seemed to have reached a tentative conclusion on the suit, and I was wandering how could this happen given that you are not even done with the discovery phase because of the very desperate efforts made by Danny Shelton's attorneys to keep you away from evidence that would prove that you were right. You know, I HATE when people play on both sides of the fence.

Eduard

Our side of the fence is very expensive and time consumming. There are few men or women of character that want to play regardless of the price. There are few that have the strength of character or are battle hardened enough to handle the "stress".

But a time is coming when this battle is nothing compared to the great conflict, politically and legally that will be poured upn the heads of Seventh-day Adventists, or at least the Remnant that has the fortitude and spiritual connection that is so neccasary to get through that conflict. It is sson approaching and we must all examine ourselves to see if we have the characters that are neccasary to walk away from all the comforts of life, even means of earthly support and cling to the Rock of Our Salvation.

That is the real test and therefore, what we have seen demonstrated in these not so complicated issues should be an opportunity for us to reflect upon where we stand and do we have the Rock Foundation essential to survive that crisis on the Right Side of the Fence.

My Perspective.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2008, 07:28:28 AM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

I really do not think that there is any need for me to do anything to prevent myself  from being added as a defendant to the lawsuit.  I am advised that such, without my permission, would not be an easy task to accomplish at this point in time.  It simply is not something that I need to worry about.

Further, I am told that it is not necessary.  I am informed that any competent 3-ABN attorney could easily obtain any information that they wanted from me in a simple deposition, if they know the right questions to ask me, and that is an "if."  As I am not a licensed attorney the legal doctrine of "attorney-client" privilege does not cover any conversations that people may have had with me.  One might ask if there is any other kind of confidentiality that would prevent me from responding to questions in a deposition.  That might exist and it might not.  In any case, I am informed that it would not cover any question directed to me in which the owner of the confidentiality had discussed that issue with others either in a pubic or a private manner.  Let me give an example:  Let is say that Bob an I had a private conversation as to whether or not GAJ was being funded by a 3-ABN Board member who wanted to become the new CEO after Danny left.  If Bob were to discuss that conversation with me either publicly or privately it would be considered by the Court to be a waiver of any confidentiality by Bob.  Under those circumstances, 3-ABN would  likely be fully allowed to depose me and the court would require me to reveal what Bob had told me about GAJ's funding source.

NOTE:  The above is an illustrative example and is not based upon any fact.  Bob has never informed me that GAJ is being funded by a 3-ABN Board member and I have no reason to think that GAJ is so funded.

Folks, I am informed that if 3-ABN were to depose me and if they knew enough to ask the right questions I would have to answer any question that I was asked and primarily because the important issues have been discussed either publicly or privately with people under circumstances in which immunity could not now be claimed.

Why am I making this public statement?  Because of Gailon's post about me. Some posts I will ignore.  Others, at least after a time, I will respond.  It should be noted that some of my responses may embarrass people.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2008, 12:01:13 AM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

I really do not think that there is any need for me to do anything to prevent myself  from being added as a defendant to the lawsuit.  I am advised that such, without my permission, would not be an easy task to accomplish at this point in time.  It simply is not something that I need to worry about.

Further, I am told that it is not necessary.  I am informed that any competent 3-ABN attorney could easily obtain any information that they wanted from me in a simple deposition, if they know the right questions to ask me, and that is an "if."  As I am not a licensed attorney the legal doctrine of "attorney-client" privilege does not cover any conversations that people may have had with me.  One might ask if there is any other kind of confidentiality that would prevent me from responding to questions in a deposition.  That might exist and it might not.  In any case, I am informed that it would not cover any question directed to me in which the owner of the confidentiality had discussed that issue with others either in a pubic or a private manner.  Let me give an example:  Let is say that Bob an I had a private conversation as to whether or not GAJ was being funded by a 3-ABN Board member who wanted to become the new CEO after Danny left.  If Bob were to discuss that conversation with me either publicly or privately it would be considered by the Court to be a waiver of any confidentiality by Bob.  Under those circumstances, 3-ABN would  likely be fully allowed to depose me and the court would require me to reveal what Bob had told me about GAJ's funding source.

NOTE:  The above is an illustrative example and is not based upon any fact.  Bob has never informed me that GAJ is being funded by a 3-ABN Board member and I have no reason to think that GAJ is so funded.

Folks, I am informed that if 3-ABN were to depose me and if they knew enough to ask the right questions I would have to answer any question that I was asked and primarily because the important issues have been discussed either publicly or privately with people under circumstances in which immunity could not now be claimed.

Why am I making this public statement?  Because of Gailon's post about me. Some posts I will ignore.  Others, at least after a time, I will respond.  It should be noted that some of my responses may embarrass people.

For the record, you could be added at any time, given specific facts regarding your early defense of Linda and your analysis. All of this would clearly open up any "privilege" issues as there has been far too much said both publicly and semi-privately regarding the early marriage issues.

You have not been added by this side so far as the weight of the evidence in contention can be brought in without you. Why Danny did not add you, particularly when he made it clear he was suing four people and you were one of the four, is open to speculation, like it or not. There may have been made a definite decision to try and limit the scope of the case early on by counsel. We have good information that the board refused to move forward on the brother, despite the fact that he was originally proposed to be a party plaintiff. It is also likely that your credentials may have been a bit too far for even the 3ABN board.

Or it could possibly be that your careful, clear effort to walk the fence also made a clear difference.

And by the way, our refusal to use the standard gamebook approach to this particular case was for very specific strategic reasons, all of which I believe you were aware of. Those "plays" can be rolled out at any time and will be done in their good time. But, the ripeness of certain claims needs to be firmly established and we are most nearly there.

SO, banter on and we will use our own gamebook as it is appropriate. The heavy artillery will be rolled out in time when it can be used to the best benefit of all the parties, and when it is clear just how "flakey" some of the "parties" can be. You have certainly played a decisive roll in that process and we thank you for it. It has been claritive, to say the least.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up