Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vegenaise  (Read 3734 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Vegenaise
« on: August 05, 2008, 05:25:49 PM »

Vegenaise

I usually do most of my cooking "from scratch", but this a product I can recommend for those who would like a simple way to make many of their current recipes no cholesterol and not change the texture or taste. Normally mayonnaise is made with eggs which is high in cholesterol and can be a killer in the summer months when left out too long in the heat: salmonella. Vegenaise is egg free and can substitute your favorite mayo one-to-one, providing the same taste, but none of the unpleasant side issues of "normal" egg mayo. Give it a try in your potato or pasta salad, on sandwiches or anywhere else you would use mayonnaide. It is available at health food stores. For more information go to the company website:

http://www.followyourheart.com/vegenaise.html
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 05:42:31 PM by Sister »

GRAT

Re: Vegenaise
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »

I'm a died in the wool Best Foods or east of the rockies Hellmans mayo fan but have had the vegenaise in things that were good.  I make a pasta salad that has small shell pasta, red onions, green stuffed olives, fresh tomatoes and best foods mayo.  It is a favorite of a friend at church and she keeps telling me that she makes it at home but it is just not as good.  I ask her if she used best foods and she says no, she used vegenaise.  Makes me laugh every time.  Will have a hard time giving up my best foods if I get serious about going vegan.  :hot:                                                                                                                                     

Sister

• Veteran Member
Re: Vegenaise
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »

Both my husband and I are not mayo fans. So, I have only used Vegenaise for potluck. Growing up it was only Best Foods at my parents home. Becoming vegan is usually a health choice for most people. It starts in the brain and works it's way down to the taste buds. :puppykisses: Don't worry, Grat, I am not going to make a night raid on your frig and replace your Best Foods with Vegenaise! LOL

Seriously, changing lifestyle is a process for most people. It takes time and motivation. Don't worry about your Best Foods for now, just try some of the other recipes and incorporate the ones you like into your family's regular rotation. Remember how good the Lemon Pudding cake was? I am sure you will find others that you like just as well!
Pages: [1]   Go Up