Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Approved SDA Media Outlet Publishes an Article about the IRS Investigation  (Read 147401 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Approved SDA Media Outlet Publishes an Article about the IRS Investigation
« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »

Yes - it did get really quiet...  Where did everybody go?

Since news of the Remnant disclosures...all is REALLY silent...

ssshhh.... :hot:

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2008, 09:43:28 PM »

I believe as things get closer to a court date, it will get quieter.  The information received by Bob & Gailon are sensitive to the case/trial.  However, we will hear it after that.  It will be a very sad day.

The information defined to date is plenty for me.  It is hard for me to realize what 3ABN did with eBay.  It was just way too easy to pass up.

I am glad that Linda is getting exonerated from those false accusations.  How can what was taken from her be given back?  It can't!  Once one's character has been stripped it cannot be rebuilt without much work and Faith in God.

All of us have been falsely accused at one time or another.  It is devastating, but we can move, change jobs, or ignore the false accuser.  Linda was destroyed by false accusations given to the world, and has not been given a chance to thrive and survive on her own.  The False accusers remain after several years!  They refuse to allow her to continue in her ministry!  Why do they continue after all these years?  Danny needed to get rid of his competition.

Long ago I learned that you cannot build yourself up by destroying others.  We must allow each of us to be successful.   There is room for all to succeed.  There is no need to destroy anyone.  That is a sin.

daylily

« Reply #257 on: October 04, 2008, 05:25:15 AM »

Mr Joy,
What did you mean that Mr Fjarli lost the gift of speech?

daylily

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2008, 06:03:38 AM »

Mr. Fjarli had a stroke, I'm told, that took away his ability to speak.

Johann

« Reply #259 on: October 04, 2008, 03:26:22 PM »

He needs our prayers!

daylily

« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »

Oh my! Thanks for that info, Bob. I'm sorry to hear that.

Wendall

« Reply #261 on: October 05, 2008, 08:51:47 PM »

Who would have thought that the scenarios being played out would be so much in the public eye. Can you say embarrassment for Adventists. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the future of our church in the world's eyes will take a major hit when a trial ocurrs. We as Adventists will become front page news. :praying:

irspro

« Reply #262 on: October 06, 2008, 03:34:41 AM »

Who would have thought that the scenarios being played out would be so much in the public eye. Can you say embarrassment for Adventists. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the future of our church in the world's eyes will take a major hit when a trial occurs. We as Adventists will become front page news. :praying:

Wow, I am disturbed that any sane SDA could think that the foundation of our church is so shaky that an independent or semi-private ministry feebly attempting to leach on organization for credibility and financial support could cause a "hit!" 

Can you name one independent\private blood-sucking ministry that does not have the bottom-line intention of splintering organization in some fashion no matter how well-intentioned ab initio?  Don't advance the feeble argument that organization will not save you!  Decency and order in organization will go much further than disorder statistically more apt to arise in independence which can be fatal!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2008, 07:38:10 AM »

Who would have thought that the scenarios being played out would be so much in the public eye. Can you say embarrassment for Adventists. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the future of our church in the world's eyes will take a major hit when a trial ocurrs. We as Adventists will become front page news. :praying:

Both want this in the public eye. I don't think adventists get embrarrassed,they win with God was so good and we prevailed satan and all those doing the devils work??????? Or satan was hard at work to undermine God's work. We just have to keep on?????? Something good can come from this.
It may be in the news for a day or two and then poof,gone and NEXT.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #264 on: October 11, 2008, 05:52:28 PM »

Erra..yeah...ok...Bonnie.  God asked Christians to spread the godpel to all the world....you must have a little credibility for them to listen in the first place.  Some of this in on us.  Being known for religious elitism not being the least of our problems.........   :dunno:

Anyway, I don't really believe we have that much to lose in the first place....we are already in the "cult" section of many bookstores, can't get shake David Koresh and other offshoots, etc.  Lyning to folk about who we are when conducting Rev. Sems, maybe just a lie of ommission there........We needed some serious public relations long before Danny and his sad story.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #265 on: October 11, 2008, 06:26:19 PM »

Erra..yeah...ok...Bonnie.  God asked Christians to spread the Gospel to all the world....you must have a little credibility for them to listen in the first place.  Some of this in on us.  Being known for religious elitism not being the least of our problems.........   :dunno:

I have heard others say that,but I have not found that in my little church. But then I have attended the same church since I was three. It has had it's ups and downs but I have never seen them hide who they were for a Rev seminars.
I had a brief stint going to another church because of our sons and did see varying problems,but not anyone trying to hide who we were for any type of meetings. In fact they were/are very active in the community.

Anyway, I don't really believe we have that much to lose in the first place....we are already in the "cult" section of many bookstores, can't get shake David Koresh and other offshoots, etc.  Lining to folk about who we are when conducting Rev. Sems, maybe just a lie of omission there........We needed some serious public relations long before Danny and his sad story.[/color]

We have to much public relations and not enough personal and honest. Public relations is the tool we use after the fact to smooth the troubled waters.

For me we have much to lose because of the dishonest public relations group.
Whether there is much media attention focused on a trial because of the lawsuit remains to be seen. No one will lose in this and that is what we have to lose. The winner will have won because they were God's chosen,the loser will win because of righteous martyrdom.
The ones that will lose are the ones of both sides that were/are decent sincere people that had some strong concerns pro or con.  They are going to be the causalities in this.

When the dust settles Bob and Gailon will go their merry way and DS and 3ABN will go theirs as will LS. What will be left is alot of animosity and bad feelings.
I am of the firm opinion that the four main players deserve one another.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2008, 07:31:51 PM »

And I wish you would quit your griping. You make general statements that you can't back up, but that tend to make people think negatively about this one or that one.

Now how would you feel if someone had come along when your son was going through his situation and repeatedly said, over and over again, that your son and that so-called pastor deserve each other?

I think I know how you would have felt, and I think I know how you would have used your tongue or pen or keyboard to chop them up into little bits for saying something so unkind and stupid.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2008, 08:02:24 PM »

And I wish you would quit your griping. You make general statements that you can't back up, but that tend to make people think negatively about this one or that one.

Please be precise Bob, what general statement are you referring to. What statement can't I back up. Would you have this concern if I had included only DS in any negative statement?? I think not.

Now how would you feel if someone had come along when your son was going through his situation and repeatedly said, over and over again, that your son and that so-called pastor deserve each other?

I know this was not meant to be funny but it almost is. Had that been the worst that was said we would have been very pleased.

I think I know how you would have felt, and I think I know how you would have used your tongue or pen or keyboard to chop them up into little bits for saying something so unkind and stupid.

Have you ever read any of Gailon's posts or taken a close look at your own?

The difference between my sons situation and what is going on here and elsewhere is that the guilt was absolutely irrefutable. Admitted to by the guilty parties. From the courthouse steps the attorney's for the MN conference said
It is their time to be in love. Even with an admission of guilt and knowledge of this man's behaviour for thirty years as pastor ,never an apology or attempt to help in the mess they created to begin with my keeping this man as pastor. But we had the PR. Lot's of it.
What is there besides what was said to PrincessDi that you disagree with. It was not general. When this finally gets settled there will not be a clear winner in this. Neither side, even if  guilt is proved beyond a doubt,will publically acknowledge,apologize and ask those they have hurt for forgivness. Just not going to happen. DS and 3ABN will still be functioning minus a great deal of money, and you will still be Bob doing what Bob does best.

As for the PR Princess Di thought we needed more of, we have plenty,but never totally honest. I have little to no respect for that position. I trust my used car salesman far more.

Is there something else that you felt was unclear

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2008, 08:14:27 PM »

ADMIN HAT ON

Bonnie, I am not sure what exactly your problem is, but might I suggest you go back to the post you are trying to quote here and note that it was edited by Daryl Fawcett.  So, I cannot imagine what your objective is to re-post content here that has already been edited out, but I think you need to watch yourself.

Additionally, might I remind you that if you have issues with administrative actions here you need to take them up PRIVATELY with the adminstrative staff.

ADMIN HAT OFF

If you have a problem and feel it unkind to say such a thing,tell me how you felt when this was posted

Post edited to remove inappropriate content

I think it makes a mockery out of "respectful discussion" and it may qualify as unkind and stupid,but I did not see you
weighing in with your concerns.

Do you believe the above was abiding by the stated expectations for the forum.
It is quite clear.....3ABN
For respectfully discussing any issues and concerns pertaining to 3ABN
Where were your concerns when this was posted along with many similar in contempt and disrespect.??

edited to add last paragraph
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 08:24:44 PM by Snoopy »

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2008, 08:31:54 PM »

I have no clue what you are talking about. I did not realize daryl had edited a post.
As for the adminstration or their actions I don't think that is what I said.
I asked Bob some questions that apparently was wrong to ask of him
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up