Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Approved SDA Media Outlet Publishes an Article about the IRS Investigation  (Read 147302 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: Approved SDA Media Outlet Publishes an Article about the IRS Investigation
« Reply #270 on: October 11, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »

Now I see what has been edited out. I will note that it is against the rules to quote statments made by some.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2008, 08:34:57 PM »

Then, Bonnie, maybe you should get a clue.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I did not realize daryl had edited a post.
As for the adminstration or their actions I don't think that is what I said.
I asked Bob some questions that apparently was wrong to ask of him

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2008, 08:37:01 PM »

Then, Bonnie, maybe you should get a clue.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I did not realize daryl had edited a post.
As for the adminstration or their actions I don't think that is what I said.
I asked Bob some questions that apparently was wrong to ask of him

You posted at the same time. It is quite clear as to why. What I did not notice at first is that daryl edited the post
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2008, 08:37:55 PM »

No, Bonnie, it is not "against the rules to quote statements made by some".  But I think you are smart enough to note that if someone else (ANYONE else) posted something that was edited out by Daryl, it just might not be a good idea to post it again - ya think?

Now I see what has been edited out. I will note that it is against the rules to quote statments made by some.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2008, 08:41:34 PM »

No, Bonnie, it is not "against the rules to quote statements made by some".  But I think you are smart enough to note that if someone else (ANYONE else) posted something that was edited out by Daryl, it just might not be a good idea to post it again - ya think?

It must be against someone's rule as it went poof.  Look, I already told you I did not see that. So it was neither a good idea or bad, I simply did not see it

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #275 on: October 11, 2008, 08:47:01 PM »

And look yourself.  I think I just told you why it went "poof"!!  It's not rocket science, bonnie.  I think maybe you need to let this one go.

It must be against someone's rule as it went poof.  Look, I already told you I did not see that. So it was neither a good idea or bad, I simply did not see it

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #276 on: October 12, 2008, 06:32:12 PM »

I have heard others say that,but I have not found that in my little church. But then I have attended the same church since I was three. It has had it's ups and downs but I have never seen them hide who they were for a Rev seminars.
I had a brief stint going to another church because of our sons and did see varying problems,but not anyone trying to hide who we were for any type of meetings. In fact they were/are very active in the community.

Yes, not every church does it.  We didn't until our current administration, but I find it has gotten pretty widespread as an accepted way to do things. 

We have to much public relations and not enough personal and honest. Public relations is the tool we use after the fact to smooth the troubled waters.

For me we have much to lose because of the dishonest public relations group.
Whether there is much media attention focused on a trial because of the lawsuit remains to be seen. No one will lose in this and that is what we have to lose. The winner will have won because they were God's chosen,the loser will win because of righteous martyrdom.
The ones that will lose are the ones of both sides that were/are decent sincere people that had some strong concerns pro or con.  They are going to be the causalities in this.

You know I just found out that we(GC) even had a public relations position!   It is not working very well at all!  However, I believe you are right, Bonnie, when we are really honest enough to stand up to what we believe, then that will gives us the credibility we need to accomplish this work.  Now I say that because we ARE dealing with humans, and some human factors are just part of it.  First and foremost, you have to be credible for anyone to want to listen to anything you have to say.  Starting out with a lie about who you are ain't the way!

When the dust settles Bob and Gailon will go their merry way and DS and 3ABN will go theirs as will LS. What will be left is alot of animosity and bad feelings.
I am of the firm opinion that the four main players deserve one another.

Girl, flesh and blood did not give this to you.  The real damage will be others who have seen all of those meintioned above as leaders.  Not all are spiritually mature to separte the sin from the sinner, especially in leadership.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #277 on: October 12, 2008, 11:00:14 PM »

When the dust settles Bob and Gailon will go their merry way and DS and 3ABN will go theirs as will LS. What will be left is alot of animosity and bad feelings.

Girl, flesh and blood did not give this to you.  The real damage will be others who have seen all of those meintioned above as leaders.  Not all are spiritually mature to separte the sin from the sinner, especially in leadership.

When the dust settles..an interesting assessment, particularly given our early efforts to simply bring reformation to the few issues we were aware of, specifically that the charges against Linda were unsupporteded by the evidence and that Tommy Ray Shelton, a non-SDA "minister" and alleged pedophile, should most certainly not be in charge of programming for Three Angels Broadcasting Network. Yup, that is how it started. Simple as that and most of the effort was directly with DLS and Dr Walt.

As we moved along, the allegations of financial abuses and the errant firing of the trust services department raised their ugly heads.

Then ASI and the collapse of ecclesiastical efforts to resolve the issues. I e-mailed my concerns, Danny responded and Danny used the bully pulpit of the Thursday Night 3ABN Live.

We responded by building our own pulpit and preaching about the errant issues. They claim someone was listening and we damaged their bottom line, apparently rather permanently, despite Doug Batchelor's endorsements.

They filed suite to bring our pulpit down,,,but it survived!!! We defended and now have the smoking guns and the loaded weapons as well. Will we have to fire them?

Now the economy has us all in it's grips and escatology may well be laying foundations for the a false reformation and a National Sunday Law. And instead of doing door to door work, we are shooting at each other from behind parapets with an uncertain longevity. But shoot we must. Yes, we will have to fire them, I would suppose.

But leaders? Of who, of what, When and where are we leading people to? It is a historical fact that no-one really likes the gunfighters turned sheriffs that clean up the streets of Dodge City!!! We will be nothing but a forgotten footnote in someone's history of 3ABN and in far less than five years, assuming we have that long, from our arrival at Boot Hill, we will long since have been forgotten, our epitaph of little note and some will even declare "good riddance" in bright orange paint across the marker!!!

Leaders??? Of what??? When I turn my head I do not see anyone following me to the courthouse or even doing as we suggest? On the contrary, those with real claims shrink from battle and avoid conflict at any cost, regardless of the principles involved. There is no army following me!!! If there were, this would have been over long ago and the truth would be clear as crystal, 3 ABN would have a constituency, damages would have been recovered from 3ABN's leaders and Linda would back to doing her Front Porch Liturgies. Trust services could be trusted and those damaged would have been made whole, reformation would be unifying and cathartic and sin would be caste out of the camp.

Instead, we shall most certainly duel to the death of one or the other and given the state of the economy, 3ABN's chances of survival have decreased. A sad end to what began as a simple reform effort. Sad end to what should have been a confession, reformation and restoration...oh, what a testimony to the 3ABN viewing public of the value of Christianity. What a day of rejoicing that should have been!!! Love restored, mercy and justice exonerated, and a cathartic re-union of all the parties bringing the very best of talents to bear to warn a very badly mislead world, a world now looking for answers in ways we had never imagined!!!

Does your neighbor know you have a clear view of the coming eschatology?
Do they know that the demise of the World Trade Center buildings likely began a clear eschatolgy leading to the end of time?
Do they know that the Sunami moved "islands out of their places, as yet another eschatological event unfolded? Do they know that the leadership of this world now struggle in vain to put business back on a sound footing?
Do they know that National Apostacy leads to National Ruin?
Do they know the implications of that as the false reformation brings upon us the National Sunday Law?
Do they know how important it is to be a part of the True Reformation and how that leads to the Loud Cry?
Do they know just how close the Loud Cry will bring us to the end of probation and the Universal Sunday Law?
Do they know the implications of probation closing?
Do they know the meaning of the Death Decree?
Do they know why all eyes will be upon the Nebulus in the belt of Orion?
Do they even know that the second coming of Our Lord and Saviour is imminent?
Do they know they need to prepare for that inevitable event?

DO THEY KNOW? And if not, do you know why?
No, it was not because 3ABN never came to your town or your cable company, it is because we did not warn them. It is because we did not have the courage to tell them that Jesus is coming again!!! that they need to prepare...or to even hand them a Great Controversy and read the dire warnings or The Desire of Ages and they get to know HIM.

Do they know to be wary of the "peace and safety" message? Do they know that McCain has no answers, Palin has no answers, Obama has no answers, Biden has no answers? Do they know that no human will have a solution, but that WE HAVE THE ANSWERS? Yes, YOU have the answers...we have the gift of prophecy and a biblically based truth that is perfectly logical and leads to answers and solutions to the dillemma ahead. Do we dare share it?

People, the time of trouble is dead ahead and how many men, women and children will be on your conscience as you wonder about your soul's safety?  You must make the time that remains count!!! Every person warned is one less that will weighing on your conscience as the time of trouble unfolds. Every one saved will be a source of Joy as you contemplate the status of your soul as God withdraws HIS Spirit from an aposticized world!

It is now time for us all to stand up and be counted, for us all to take up the book work and spread the message, for us all to be prepared to give real Bible Studies that will expalin our Faith in detail. It is time for us all to leaders!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Rosa

« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2008, 10:09:16 AM »

When the dust settles..an interesting assessment, particularly given our early efforts to simply bring reformation to the few issues we were aware of, specifically that the charges against Linda were unsupporteded by the evidence and that Tommy Ray Shelton, a non-SDA "minister" and alleged pedophile, should most certainly not be in charge of programming for Three Angels Broadcasting Network. Yup, that is how it started. Simple as that and most of the effort was directly with DLS and Dr Walt.

As we moved along, the allegations of financial abuses and the errant firing of the trust services department raised their ugly heads.

Then ASI and the collapse of ecclesiastical efforts to resolve the issues. I e-mailed my concerns, Danny responded and Danny used the bully pulpit of the Thursday Night 3ABN Live.

We responded by building our own pulpit and preaching about the errant issues. They claim someone was listening and we damaged their bottom line, apparently rather permanently, despite Doug Batchelor's endorsements.

They filed suite to bring our pulpit down,,,but it survived!!! We defended and now have the smoking guns and the loaded weapons as well. Will we have to fire them?

Now the economy has us all in it's grips and escatology may well be laying foundations for the a false reformation and a National Sunday Law. And instead of doing door to door work, we are shooting at each other from behind parapets with an uncertain longevity. But shoot we must. Yes, we will have to fire them, I would suppose.

But leaders? Of who, of what, When and where are we leading people to? It is a historical fact that no-one really likes the gunfighters turned sheriffs that clean up the streets of Dodge City!!! We will be nothing but a forgotten footnote in someone's history of 3ABN and in far less than five years, assuming we have that long, from our arrival at Boot Hill, we will long since have been forgotten, our epitaph of little note and some will even declare "good riddance" in bright orange paint across the marker!!!

Leaders??? Of what??? When I turn my head I do not see anyone following me to the courthouse or even doing as we suggest? On the contrary, those with real claims shrink from battle and avoid conflict at any cost, regardless of the principles involved. There is no army following me!!! If there were, this would have been over long ago and the truth would be clear as crystal, 3 ABN would have a constituency, damages would have been recovered from 3ABN's leaders and Linda would back to doing her Front Porch Liturgies. Trust services could be trusted and those damaged would have been made whole, reformation would be unifying and cathartic and sin would be caste out of the camp.

Instead, we shall most certainly duel to the death of one or the other and given the state of the economy, 3ABN's chances of survival have decreased. A sad end to what began as a simple reform effort. Sad end to what should have been a confession, reformation and restoration...oh, what a testimony to the 3ABN viewing public of the value of Christianity. What a day of rejoicing that should have been!!! Love restored, mercy and justice exonerated, and a cathartic re-union of all the parties bringing the very best of talents to bear to warn a very badly mislead world, a world now looking for answers in ways we had never imagined!!!

Does your neighbor know you have a clear view of the coming eschatology?
Do they know that the demise of the World Trade Center buildings likely began a clear eschatolgy leading to the end of time?
Do they know that the Sunami moved "islands out of their places, as yet another eschatological event unfolded? Do they know that the leadership of this world now struggle in vain to put business back on a sound footing?
Do they know that National Apostacy leads to National Ruin?
Do they know the implications of that as the false reformation brings upon us the National Sunday Law?
Do they know how important it is to be a part of the True Reformation and how that leads to the Loud Cry?
Do they know just how close the Loud Cry will bring us to the end of probation and the Universal Sunday Law?
Do they know the implications of probation closing?
Do they know the meaning of the Death Decree?
Do they know why all eyes will be upon the Nebulus in the belt of Orion?
Do they even know that the second coming of Our Lord and Saviour is imminent?
Do they know they need to prepare for that inevitable event?

DO THEY KNOW? And if not, do you know why?
No, it was not because 3ABN never came to your town or your cable company, it is because we did not warn them. It is because we did not have the courage to tell them that Jesus is coming again!!! that they need to prepare...or to even hand them a Great Controversy and read the dire warnings or The Desire of Ages and they get to know HIM.

Do they know to be wary of the "peace and safety" message? Do they know that McCain has no answers, Palin has no answers, Obama has no answers, Biden has no answers? Do they know that no human will have a solution, but that WE HAVE THE ANSWERS? Yes, YOU have the answers...we have the gift of prophecy and a biblically based truth that is perfectly logical and leads to answers and solutions to the dillemma ahead. Do we dare share it?

People, the time of trouble is dead ahead and how many men, women and children will be on your conscience as you wonder about your soul's safety?  You must make the time that remains count!!! Every person warned is one less that will weighing on your conscience as the time of trouble unfolds. Every one saved will be a source of Joy as you contemplate the status of your soul as God withdraws HIS Spirit from an aposticized world!

It is now time for us all to stand up and be counted, for us all to take up the book work and spread the message, for us all to be prepared to give real Bible Studies that will expalin our Faith in detail. It is time for us all to leaders!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Can't help but feel so sad, and yet so VERY indignant here.

Self righteous arrogance? Fanaticism? hypocritical? Attempting to lay all the blame at the feet of 3ABN while casting himself as a some sort of martyred servant of God??

I was shaking my head as I read this, and thinking that even Satan himself quotes the scripture to suit his purpose. He mixes the truth with his error and just babbles on. (the very definition of Babylon) We really need to pay attention! And learn to examine ourselves first and foremost...

It is also written:

....thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked

-- For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Rev 3:17, 2Cr 11:13-15, & Matt 7:15-23

( Closing door softly, and leaving...)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:43:30 AM by Rosa »

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »

You keep on about TS the slleged pedophile. I don't know about others but I do believe Duane Clem and am inclined to believe the others as well. Employing him at 3ABN is not illegal. It is not up to you or me to say he should not be in charge of programming. Most do not care. We have the same going on with those that are employed and protected by the SDA leadership and many times the membership. So what is the surprise about DS employing his brother after accusations of this conduct. Hate to break it to you,you have nothing to say about who 3ABn hires unless it is a criminal.Then all you can do is report it.

Legally you have even less to say about the divorce. No one is apt to be listening. And you seem puzzled why.

If that is or was true it is nothing you can stop lacking the active legal participation of those that were let go with this "errant firing" Have they done so. You can no more fight that battle than you could have fought the battle for my son without his full and active cooperation

You seem to be offended that Gailon Joy e-mailed his concerns and then he was ignored

Smoking Guns?? Well everyone will just have to wait and be stunned at the smoking gun. 

Where are you leading people, the answer to that will lies in the actions of the one leading. Saying more here would not be welcomed so if you have further questions let me know and we can take it up on the "other forum"

Again ,you only have to look close to hiome to find why there is no longer any following you.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #280 on: October 13, 2008, 01:19:41 PM »

Most do not care.

Here's a concrete example of your making a statement that you have not backed up, and I don't think you can.

I disagree with you that most Adventists don't care that Danny Shelton replaced his talked-too-long-on-the-telephone wife with an alleged pedophile.

If you think otherwise, prove it.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #281 on: October 13, 2008, 01:59:20 PM »

Here's a concrete example of your making a statement that you have not backed up, and I don't think you can.

I disagree with you that most Adventists don't care that Danny Shelton replaced his talked-too-long-on-the-telephone wife with an alleged pedophile.

Bob,
You have just made a concrete statement you cannot back up and demand proof from me.
If most adventists cared that DS  replaced his talked-too-long-on-the-telephone wife with an alleged pedophile, 3ABN would be in dire financial straits by now.
What most people truly care about gets changed. Not a surface chagne but a change.  If "most adventists" cared 3ABN would have been deluged with complaints and letting 3ABN know they would no longer support 3ABN.
If "most adventists" cared about DS replacing his talked-too-long-on-the-telephone wife with an alleged pedophile you would have far more support than you currently have.

I, in no way feel compelled to prove anything concerning that kind of a statement. Unless of course you can give me concrete proof of what you said. If you can prove what you believe to be true, then of course I would attempt to prove what I think or would withdraw it.

I do not believe most care,I do not believe you have much in the way of support.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #282 on: October 13, 2008, 02:20:07 PM »

Bob,
You have just made a concrete statement you cannot back up and demand proof from me.

Sure, I can back it up. It would be rather simple to do so.

While Adventists have their problems like everyone else, the majority have not thrown morality to the wind in the way that you assert.

pbjelly

« Reply #283 on: October 13, 2008, 02:36:54 PM »

I was shaking my head as I read this, and thinking that even Satan himself quotes the scripture to suit his purpose. He mixes the truth with his error and just babbles on. (the very definition of Babylon) We really need to pay attention! And learn to examine ourselves first and foremost...

( Closing door softly, and leaving...)

Dear Ms. Rosa,

I am also closing the door softly, and leaving...

PB

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #284 on: October 13, 2008, 02:40:08 PM »

I find it interesting and revealing that it was DS the accuser who ended up remarrying, etc., whereas LS the accused never remarried, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up