Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did Sam defame Jim Gilley?  (Read 10995 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Did Sam defame Jim Gilley?
« on: August 05, 2008, 08:29:37 AM »

Pastor Jim told me himself his hope is that after Danny has had a well earned rest, he hopes for him to come back to his former position.

Does the above statement by Sam defame Jim Gilley's reputation?

Wendall

Re: Did Sam defame Jim Gilley?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:26:46 AM »

Bob,
Not on that statement alone because it doesn't lower JG's reputation in the community. I see no hatred or scorn intent in the statement by Sam.  However, that is assuming the statement is true. If it is not true than it could lower JG reputation in the community by putting JG on the opposite side of an issue he supports. IF JG actually believes DS is unfit to continue for whatever reason, health, age, other issues, than it lowers his reputation in the community as a leader of 3abn to state he supports a unqualified individual to lead 3abn. This might become more relevant if DS came back to lead and actually failed in his leadership. People might then question JG on why he supported the return when he was against it lowering his reputation in the community. There are no facts reported to date that DS and JG are at odds on any issues.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Did Sam defame Jim Gilley?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 11:32:30 AM »

Hi Wendall.

I would think that the suggestion that a former NAD VP would assist in the reinstatement of someone accused of sexual assault, covering up child molestation allegations, bullying people, wrongfully terminating people, private inurement, deception, and other things, I would think that such a suggestion would be highly insulting, demeaning, and derogatory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up