Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: May 6, 2010: Fairfax County Court finds probable cause  (Read 36431 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
May 6, 2010: Fairfax County Court finds probable cause
« on: May 06, 2010, 08:18:33 AM »

Tommy's hearing was scheduled for today, May 6, at 9:00 AM EDT.

The preliminary word I've heard from Virginia is that the case did not get thrown out. The court found probable cause.

The two alleged victims testified. Tommy's defense attorney tried some motions which were denied. Carol Shelton, Danny Shelton, and Tammy Shelton Chance were present but did not testify.

That's all I've heard thus far.

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: May 6, 2010: Fairfax County Court finds probable cause
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 09:30:19 AM »

Well, that is a plus and a minus.
a plus for justice --but a minus for the itching palms of the "vipers" that will be funded by.......guess! 

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 11:37:34 AM »

Here's the first news link I've seen: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/fairfax/victims-testify-about-molestat.html

Warning: graphic content
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:44:33 AM by ex3abnemployee »
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:39 PM »

So, the Washington Post.  And under the "Crime Scene" topic.

At least the Seventh-day Adventist Church was not mentioned.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »

I understand the two cases are going to trial, separately.  Is that correct?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:11:25 PM »

So some of the emails are correct then as DS felt TS was shielded or protected by the statute of limitations and thought he would get away with it and so they all cried false. It appears he just could not stop and finally caught where he was not so lucky.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:53:48 PM »

Ok?  Because it seems these victims are younger than I expected.  I am not sure anyone would think the SDA church would be mentioned at this point.  Only if some victims appear from that time period.  As it stands these are victims from his church so that will be the focus. 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 01:57:27 PM »

Ok?  Because it seems these victims are younger than I expected.  I am not sure anyone would think the SDA church would be mentioned at this point.  Only if some victims appear from that time period.  As it stands these are victims from his church so that will be the focus. 
I don't think the issue is whether the SDA church, the Church of God, the Catholic church or any other are mentioned. The issue should be Tommy has done wrong and is now going to face justice. I don't blame the SDAs for what happened to me, and I don't think any of the other victims do, either.
Duane Clem

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »

So some of the emails are correct then as DS felt TS was shielded or protected by the statute of limitations and thought he would get away with it and so they all cried false. It appears he just could not stop and finally caught where he was not so lucky.
Absolutely. I assure you, the Illinois victims are watching this very closely. I believe this is only the beginning for Tommy. He never expected this day to happen.
Duane Clem

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 05:13:45 PM »

Duane,
I think they never do think they will get caught. They are always experts for cover up as you can readily see from some of the posters that yelled "innocent" .

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 05:24:13 PM »

Absolutely. I assure you, the Illinois victims are watching this very closely. I believe this is only the beginning for Tommy. He never expected this day to happen.

Are there some indications that the Illinois victims you mention might take action themselves?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 05:51:50 PM »

Are there some indications that the Illinois victims you mention might take action themselves?
All I can say at this point is that Danny and Tommy don't know as much as they think they do about the statute of limitations in Illinois. I know that sounds like a tease, but more information will hopefully be available shortly.
Duane Clem

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »

All I can say at this point is that Danny and Tommy don't know as much as they think they do about the statute of limitations in Illinois. I know that sounds like a tease, but more information will hopefully be available shortly.

Well...I guess it's a tease, all right.

Johann

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 10:10:51 PM »

I don't think the issue is whether the SDA church, the Church of God, the Catholic church or any other are mentioned. The issue should be Tommy has done wrong and is now going to face justice. I don't blame the SDAs for what happened to me, and I don't think any of the other victims do, either.

Glad you say that, Duane.

Johann

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 04:20:49 AM »

This seems interesting:

http://www.smith-lawfirm.com/sol_Illinois.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up