Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Petition for panel rehearing and rehearing en banc filed  (Read 33816 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Petition for panel rehearing and rehearing en banc filed
« on: May 24, 2011, 07:45:07 PM »

Today we filed our petition for panel rehearing and rehearing en banc in our two appeals. We'll see what happens.

Johann

Re: Petition for panel rehearing and rehearing en banc filed
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:32:08 AM »

Seems like some have claimed there were no more appeals?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 03:47:57 AM »

The final appeal is a Writ of Certiorari filed with the U.S. Supreme Court.

However, there are ways in which such a Writ may be appealed or other actions taken in an attempt to keep litigation going. 

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 07:36:55 AM »

In the U.S. a petition for such a Writ or Cert as it is often called is typically granted by the Supreme Court about 1% of the time.  Granting such a petition simply means that the Court will review the case, it does not indicate a win.

NOTE:  A petition for a Cert is the common means of getting a case before the Supreme Court.  However, there are other ways to do so in carefully defined circumstances, which probablly do not apply in what we are talking about here.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 09:12:41 AM »

But why?!!! What is the purpose?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

GRAT

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »

Justice?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »

Our petition for rehearing is not a petition to the Supreme Court.

Di, they are still harassing us. I have had to take time away from work to interact with Greg Simpson in his latest round of threats to drag us back into court. It's pathetic.

When this is all over, I want it to be over once and for all. I don't want to be harassed for the rest of my life.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »

Ok so why is Greg Simpson threatening to take you back to court.  Is there a specific reason he gives?

Di, they are still harassing us. I have had to take time away from work to interact with Greg Simpson in his latest round of threats to drag us back into court. It's pathetic.

When this is all over, I want it to be over once and for all. I don't want to be harassed for the rest of my life.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 07:34:03 PM »

He wants to pretend that certain court orders say something that they don't, and then he wants to accuse us of failing to comply with those court orders.

Ok so why is Greg Simpson threatening to take you back to court.  Is there a specific reason he gives?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »

So is this about the documents being returned, again?  So he is saying that since the case if over you need to return the"evidence" you gathered?  I thought I also read that in the judges decision?

He wants to pretend that certain court orders say something that they don't, and then he wants to accuse us of failing to comply with those court orders.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 04:04:37 AM »

Since it is clear the Plaintiff's will never be satisfied, the best way to keep the litigation going is to sue them all, as in the lawyers, 3ABN, it's officers and it's directors and to litigate to a real and final conclusion. Up or down, win or loose, it must be done to come to a final conclusion.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

The final appeal is a Writ of Certiorari filed with the U.S. Supreme Court.

However, there are ways in which such a Writ may be appealed or other actions taken in an attempt to keep litigation going. 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 06:06:46 AM »

The judge specifically said we could keep copies if the confidentiality order permitted. So it all has to do with what the confidentiality order actually says.

Nothing in the confidentiality order says that litigants must return all copies. But Simpson is demanding that we do, WITHOUT quoting for us from the dismissal and confidentiality orders where we are required to do so. The nerve.

So is this about the documents being returned, again?  So he is saying that since the case if over you need to return the"evidence" you gathered?  I thought I also read that in the judges decision?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 12:00:20 PM »

Ok so just so I understand you.........You are keeping copies of whatever evidence---confidential documents--you believe to protect yourself against another lawsuit from Danny and 3ABN?  However, it is the keeping of these documents that still has them threatening to take you back to court for violation of the judge's order to return them.  Do I understand you correctly?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 07:09:10 PM »

Ok so just so I understand you.........You are keeping copies of whatever evidence---confidential documents--you believe to protect yourself against another lawsuit from Danny and 3ABN?  However, it is the keeping of these documents that still has them threatening to take you back to court for violation of the judge's order to return them.  Do I understand you correctly?

Almost.

Judge Saylor's order specifically allows us to keep copies if the confidentiality oder permits. From Doc. 141 p. 12:

Destruction of the documents will only be permitted if consistent with the terms of the order; and similarly, any photocopying or other copying of any such materials will only be permitted if permitted under that order.

Since the confidentiality order doesn't require us to return anything, that's just the way it is.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 09:41:25 PM »

I think that Atty. Simpson is sorry that he ever got himself into dealings with Bob and Gailon.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up