Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ellen White's counsel unheeded  (Read 3579 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Ellen White's counsel unheeded
« on: July 24, 2010, 07:05:31 PM »

I found the following selection of interest:

Quote from: Ellen White in 2SM 58, 59
Under the showers of the latter rain the inventions of man, the human machinery, will at times be swept away, the boundary of man's authority will be as broken reeds, and the Holy Spirit will speak through the living, human agent, with convincing power. No one then will watch to see if the sentences are well rounded off, if the grammar is faultless. The living water will flow in God's own channels.

But let us be careful now not to exalt men, their sayings, and doings; and let not anyone consider it a grand point to have a startling experience to relate; for here is a fruitful field where credence will be given to unworthy persons. Young men and women will be lifted up, and will regard themselves as wonderfully favored, called to do some great thing. There will be conversions many, after a peculiar order, but they will not bear the divine signature. Immorality will come in, and extravagance, and many will make shipwreck of faith. (2SM 58, 59)

It seems to me that Danny Shelton, and his sayings and doings have been exalted, that he and others have thought that he has a startling experience to relate, that he has regarded himself as wonderfully favored, called to do some great thing, that there have been conversions many, that immorality has come in, and extravagance, and that at least some have made shipwreck of faith.

Does anyone else think the above quote fits?

If this counsel of Ellen White had been heeded, would the Danny Shelton corruption scandal have ever occurred?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Ellen White's counsel unheeded
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »

Well, that is a novel approach...are you saying the ministry that is suppose to "counter-act the counter-feit", is in fact the counterfeit???

Here! Here!

Fully acknowledged and declared, by public affirmation and the public record!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

GRAT

Re: Ellen White's counsel unheeded
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 10:31:54 PM »

Yes!!  (to the quote fitting)   and No (to the corruption)   Just My Opinion.  There has been much to much chest pounding and expounding on how humble  I am to be called by God when I am just an uneducated backwoods redneck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up