Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Seventh-day Adventist Church Aids and Abets Pedophilia---Referencing 3ABN  (Read 27732 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

On October 13, 2007, Walt Thompson wrote:

Quote from: Walt Thompson

The Church had already refused to get involved.

A telling statement, and it appears that the Church still declines to be involved.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

I think that statement means that church officials were refusing to become involved by vindicating 3ABN. Walt also stated:

When the leaders of the General Conference began to accept the false allegations from these, our accusers, without coming to us to find out the truth of the matters, and decided not to work with 3abn any more until we proved to them that we were in the right ....

That's the part that stood out to me.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

I think that statement means that church officials were refusing to become involved by vindicating 3ABN. Walt also stated:

When the leaders of the General Conference began to accept the false allegations from these, our accusers, without coming to us to find out the truth of the matters, and decided not to work with 3abn any more until we proved to them that we were in the right ....

That's the part that stood out to me.

Clearly the church leaders have now decided that 3ABN "proved that they were in the right" since they appear to be working quite well with 3ABN presently.

childoftheking

Do you think that has anything to do with their claim that the IRS found nothing wrong with 3ABN? And why, although 3ABN has submitted their 2008 990 to the IRS, has it not been posted at Guidestar? Has Guidestar not yet recieved a copy from the IRS? If not has the IRS approved the 2008 submission and just has not given it to Guidestar? If not, why not? According to Guidestar it takes approximately 2 months from the time an organization files its form with the IRS until it is posted on Guidestar. Isn't it overdue? There is information on how to contact Guidestar on their website.

http://www2.guidestar.org/rxg/contact-us/index.aspx

Or I suppose one could ask the IRS what the current status of 3ABN's 990 is.

If an organization doesn't file for 3 years, they lose their 501c3 status. I don't know what happens if an organization files 3 years in a row forms that are not acceptable to the IRS.

tinka

• Veteran Member

Hmmmm, The judges better be on the right side of things if any thought of letting that predator go. This is one of Bill O'Reilly favorite things to go after when judges let them off the hook. Can anyone see how even a bigger mess this can be...publically. SDA's better be thinking about this one!!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:18:33 PM by tinka »

Mary Sue Smith

Obviously, you don't know anyone in your life that got away with something wrong...

Maybe Junebug does know of such folks after all.

Junebug, do the parents of your students know of your persistence in defending an alleged pedophile, even to the point of refusing to say that even if a minor was consenting, that makes no difference?

Mr. Pickle, you are putting words in my mouth that I never said.  You think you are threatening me, but it isn't working.  

You are supposed to be a SDA christian right?  Is this how christians treat others?  Is this what the Bible has taught you?  If so, then I have no interest in your religion.  

If it were you being accused of pedophelia and child molestation BEFORE going to court and being tried and convicted, I'd say the same about you as I've said about Tommy Shelton. Innocent until PROVEN guilty.  Until a Judge says TS is guilty, he is innocent until PROVEN.  Until a court proves TS guilty, I still stand by what I said.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

A feature film is currently being developed by the production companies Anonymous Content and Rocklin/Faust about the Catholic Church's cover-up of its pedophile priest scandal.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

Obviously, you don't know anyone in your life that got away with something wrong...

Junebug, do the parents of your students know of your persistence in defending an alleged pedophile, even to the point of refusing to say that even if a minor was consenting, that makes no difference?

Mr. Pickle, you are putting words in my mouth that I never said.

How so? You are persistently defending an alleged pedophile, even to the point of refusing to say that even if a minor was consenting, that makes no difference. Stating the facts does not put any words in your mouth.

You think you are threatening me, but it isn't working.

How so? Where was the threat?

You are supposed to be a SDA christian right?  Is this how christians treat others?  Is this what the Bible has taught you?  If so, then I have no interest in your religion.

I would think every SDA Christian should be willing to defend the oppressed against evil, and to denounce the cover up of pedophilia allegations by Danny Shelton. I see nothing in the Bible that says we ought to help Danny cover up iniquity.

If it were you being accused of pedophelia and child molestation BEFORE going to court and being tried and convicted, I'd say the same about you as I've said about Tommy Shelton. Innocent until PROVEN guilty.  Until a Judge says TS is guilty, he is innocent until PROVEN.

If I left behind 20 alleged victims in multiple states who tell similar stories, and you dared defend me like you are defending Tommy, then I would hope I would have the guts to tell you that you are in denial.

Until a court proves TS guilty, I still stand by what I said.

Insurance companies will tell you that you are wrong. So will attorneys who deal with liability for pedophilia.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

A feature film is currently being developed by the production companies Anonymous Content and Rocklin/Faust about the Catholic Church's cover-up of its pedophile priest scandal.

But according to what I hear Junebug saying, there was never anything to cover up since all the priests were innocent until proven guilty. Just because they had molested lots of boys and even more girls doesn't mean that they were guilty, since they had never been convicted.

Right, Junebug? All the pedophile priests weren't really pedophiles since they had never been convicted, right? So there never was a cover up, right?

Again, Junebug, do the parents of your students know the ludicrous positions you have taken while trying to defend alleged pedophile Tommy Shelton?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member

Mr. Pickle, you are putting words in my mouth that I never said.  You think you are threatening me, but it isn't working.  

You are supposed to be a SDA christian right?  Is this how christians treat others?  Is this what the Bible has taught you?  If so, then I have no interest in your religion.  

If it were you being accused of pedophelia and child molestation BEFORE going to court and being tried and convicted, I'd say the same about you as I've said about Tommy Shelton. Innocent until PROVEN guilty.  Until a Judge says TS is guilty, he is innocent until PROVEN.  Until a court proves TS guilty, I still stand by what I said.
So you are basically calling all the victims who have come forward liars. I'll tell you, I take huge offense to that. Who are you to come in here and start calling people out? You don't have any proof Tommy is innocent, either. So, you have no right to say he is.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

So you are basically calling all the victims who have come forward liars.

From today's Los Angeles Times:

"People want to be believed, they want their truths to be know and validated," said Carlos Perez-Carillo, 44, who said he was molested by a consecrated brother who later became a priest.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

So you are basically calling all the victims who have come forward liars. I'll tell you, I take huge offense to that. Who are you to come in here and start calling people out?

Duane, think about it. Junebug can't be calling you a liar because you have to be innocent until proven guilty. Therefore you must be telling the truth, and Tommy must be a pedophile, according to Junebug's own reasoning.

Adam

• Veteran Member

So you are basically calling all the victims who have come forward liars. I'll tell you, I take huge offense to that. Who are you to come in here and start calling people out?

Duane, think about it. Junebug can't be calling you a liar because you have to be innocent until proven guilty. Therefore you must be telling the truth, and Tommy must be a pedophile, according to Junebug's own reasoning.
:goodpost: Bob! Junebug, you can't have it both ways.  Junebug is digging herself a huge hole, that she will soon have to lie in.  If in fact Junebug did make that statement about a minor consenting; I think she is just as sick.  Like Duane said she is no better than a child molestor herself.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Fran

• Veteran Member

The IRS is not finished as yet.  At least as of last week.  This all began in January 2005.  Are we having fun yet?  Not me.  How do we save our church from those leaders that are so evil.  I was taught that honesty was the best policy.  This whole thing has only revealed that my church as well as 3ABN is in big trouble.  No action is action.  May the Father save us in spite of ourselves!  Please pray for me.  This is really sent me reeling!  Father, why?

Do you think that has anything to do with their claim that the IRS found nothing wrong with 3ABN? And why, although 3ABN has submitted their 2008 990 to the IRS, has it not been posted at Guidestar? Has Guidestar not yet recieved a copy from the IRS? If not has the IRS approved the 2008 submission and just has not given it to Guidestar? If not, why not? According to Guidestar it takes approximately 2 months from the time an organization files its form with the IRS until it is posted on Guidestar. Isn't it overdue? There is information on how to contact Guidestar on their website.

http://www2.guidestar.org/rxg/contact-us/index.aspx

Or I suppose one could ask the IRS what the current status of 3ABN's 990 is.

If an organization doesn't file for 3 years, they lose their 501c3 status. I don't know what happens if an organization files 3 years in a row forms that are not acceptable to the IRS.

princessdi

• Veteran Member

Not nice, Bob.  You know, you alls thinly veiled threats never did sit well with me.

Yes,  Junebug does seem to be backing the wrong horse in the race, but please just state facts.  This "I know who you are", and "it might leak to the parents of your students" stuff is not at all Christ-like

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up