Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton, Alleged Pedophile, Regularly Appearing on 3ABN Kids Time Praise  (Read 24157 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

Showing up a few hours in the afternoon after Shawn Boonstra in some cases, Tommy Shelton appears accompanying various children as well as Danny Shelton on the twice-weekly children's music program on 3ABN TV.

The alleged pedophile is currently facing two trials for child molestation of young boys.

Some details are headlined today in the Washington Post "Crime Scene" feature.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member

Very well written, Artiste!  :goodpost:
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Sister

• Veteran Member

Showing up a few hours in the afternoon after Shawn Boonstra in some cases, Tommy Shelton appears accompanying various children as well as Danny Shelton on the twice-weekly children's music program on 3ABN TV.

The alleged pedophile is currently facing two trials for child molestation of young boys.

Some details are headlined today in the Washington Post "Crime Scene" feature.

Artiste, could you please put a link to the information in the Washington Post. Thanks.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

I'm wondering if Shawn Boonstra, speaker/director of the Seventh-day Adventist TV program "It Is Written", has considered how it looks when he is sharing the afternoon's TV lineup on 3ABN with an alleged pedophile.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:38:12 PM by Artiste »

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

3ABN = viewers, and viewers = $$$$$

I'm wondering if Shawn Boonstra, speaker/director of the Seventh-day Adventist TV program "It Is Written", has considered how it looks when he is sharing the afternoon's TV lineup on 3ABN with an alleged pedophile.

princessdi

• Veteran Member

He may not be aware, as It is Written is buying time on several channels.  He does the show, not negotiate the tv contracts.

That being said,  what is the point in this thread.  Abvious there are those, including Danny, who are maintaining the innocence of TS.  How else would you expect them to act?  If they say they believe he i not a pedophile, then they are going to act as if he is not, and probably go a bit overboard and have him around as many children as possible to prove their point...........At this point, you would think they might be careful.  They are relatively safe from this present action.  However, some parents, supporters, etc. might not be to happy about that and take come legal action of their own regarding having TS so close to children.

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

3ABN = viewers, and viewers = $$$$$

Not cynical, at all...

tinka

• Veteran Member

It definitely drops your respect, but still I do not think most people know. But it will gather momentum. But of course it has been about 3-4 years now since I have watched them. Same thing starting to happen on "Hope anything goes Channel".

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

Time is purchased on networks that have the viewers who bring in donations. Were it not for those donations, people like him wouldn't have jobs. I doubt there is another network in Adventism that is able to bring in donations on the scale of 3ABN, regardless of the scandals. It is not actions that mean anything, it is words.

He may not be aware, as It is Written is buying time on several channels.  He does the show, not negotiate the tv contracts.

That being said,  what is the point in this thread.  Abvious there are those, including Danny, who are maintaining the innocence of TS.  How else would you expect them to act?  If they say they believe he i not a pedophile, then they are going to act as if he is not, and probably go a bit overboard and have him around as many children as possible to prove their point...........At this point, you would think they might be careful.  They are relatively safe from this present action.  However, some parents, supporters, etc. might not be to happy about that and take come legal action of their own regarding having TS so close to children.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

I doubt there is another network in Adventism that is able to bring in donations on the scale of 3ABN, regardless of the scandals.

So...3ABN...the most important TV network in Adventism!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

After receiving notice that he was going to appear on the cooking program with Brenda Walsh, I did send him documents or links proving that Brenda lied about the tickets for the trip to Florida. My email to him was late and to someone working for him, which was the only address I could find at the time. So I don't know if he ever got it, and it was too late to make a difference, if a difference could be made after saying you're going to appear.

tinka

• Veteran Member

I guess it remains to be seen what he will do after that and so with the rest of the minglers also.

RBF

It definitely drops your respect, but still I do not think most people know. But it will gather momentum. But of course it has been about 3-4 years now since I have watched them. Same thing starting to happen on "Hope anything goes Channel".

The thing that gets me is that often people could know if they were willing to know.  Humanly speaking, it is easier to not face reality.  Denial is so much more comfortable. 

Duane, keep your chin up.  Justice will prevail.  If not here, at least God never forgets and goes into denial...
RBF

tinka

• Veteran Member

The thing that gets me is that often people could know if they were willing to know.  Humanly speaking, it is easier to not face reality.  Denial is so much more comfortable. 

Duane, keep your chin up.  Justice will prevail.  If not here, at least God never forgets and goes into denial...
RBF

You hit the nail right on the head...and that is with all things according to their own desires, friends, family, religion, work, & play, appitite, etc.etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up