Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Stan Jensen Friend or foe?  (Read 21745 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Stan Jensen Friend or foe?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 07:08:06 AM »

I have said that the person or persons who wrote the manuscript televangelist should have a dishonorable discharge from the Church, and if they or their spouse work for the Church they should be fired. An action similar to have their names removed from the Book of Life.

Without my expressing an opinion regarding the manner of blowing the whistle, I think there is some inconsistency here. I hear you saying that the whistleblower should be fired and disfellowshipped, but the perpetrator the whistle blowing was about should get off scott free.

In other words, can you cite anywhere where you have said that Danny should be fired and disfellowshipped?

Of all the sins God wrote that he hated, gossip was top on the list.

Do you have a Bible verse or SoP quote which says that gossip is worse than child molestation, lying about child molestation, unbiblical divorce, trashing an alleged victim of sexual assault on global TV, private inurement, suing fellow Adventists for telling the truth, committing perjury, and receiving kickbacks from Remnant Publications?

Stan, really, saying that the author of the Televangelist should be disfellowshipped and fired, while not saying the same about Danny, it makes no sense at all.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 07:08:27 AM »

has the person who wrote that had the integrity to take ownership for it?

Does it have anything to do with integrity? If someone who works in a conference office calls for your firing and disfellowshipping while refusing to call for the same for the perpetrator, no wonder one would want to remain anonymous.

And don't forget the threat-happy, sue-happy Danny. No wonder one would want to remain anonymous.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 07:10:16 AM »

I am glad you are going to court, as i said in the begining, these are better off tried in court then tried in public opinion.

That assumes that human courts always and only arrive at truth, which isn't how it work.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 09:35:54 AM »

Thanks Alex for your comment about the script.

Did you read these questions to Linda?

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/170/1/Interview_with_Linda_Shelton.html

Was that letter from your parents real or fake?  If it is fake and not made by them I will remove it as soon as I get your word on that, well, after I get internet access.

I am glad you are going to court, as i said in the begining, these are better off tried in court then tried in public opinion.

Stan:

Thanks for the link. However, it clearly does show your bias now more than ever. I did notice you only asked her a couple of questions compared to the ones you personally asked Danny. Wonder why?

Concerning the letter that my parents wrote. I'm sure they did write it. I just find it very interesting that you would post that and not post my responses to that letter. Then on top of that to add the comment that you did.

Your bias is obvious, Stan. Then to say in a previous thread that you "have no inside information." Quit lying. Admit you are a friend and mouth piece of Danny Shelton.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 09:50:46 AM »

So does the 'brave person' who wrote have what it takes to say who it was?  Or is the person spineless who can not take responsibility for what they do?

Mighty BIG words coming from you, Stan Jensen!
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Johann

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 05:59:22 AM »

If people depend on those on that site claiming they have done their homework, then there is not much truth in their statements, even by the one using the name TRUTH. I state again that what they claim is right is only "documented" from a biased opinion. Of course they have the full right to have their opinions, but an opinion might not be right.

Some time ago I requested a documentation on the claim that Linda lives together with Dr. Arild Abrahamsen. All I see is the same kind of silence as we have experienced now for several years. Their claims are based on private opinions.

Johann

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 09:52:58 AM »

Quote from: TRUTH
It was so obvious from the beginning that Linda Shelton wrote that piece of fictional garbage.

I think it is your moral duty to document that Linda Shelton has either written or provided any of the information contained in that document. It might be your opinion, but that does not count here.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 10:33:04 AM »

Seems the heat has been to much for Stanny boy.
Alex L. Walker

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 09:51:30 PM »

It isn't funny at all...it is downright hypocrisy and evidence of a challenged soul. A man without any solid standard of Faith or even a solid moral compass, just a political will to survive.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

this is funny.... really  :)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 10:18:25 PM »

:ROFL: Stop!     :ROFL:

Interesting. So you are judging that a person should have their name removed from the Book of Life? What if said person said a few Hail Ellens? Paid a little extra tithe? Were wealthy and made some big donations?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Stan

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 08:16:39 AM »

Don't confuse the lack of response to trivial comments with too much heat.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 12:30:37 PM »

Don't confuse the lack of response to trivial comments with too much heat.

I don't think the following comments are trivial:

I have said that the person or persons who wrote the manuscript televangelist should have a dishonorable discharge from the Church, and if they or their spouse work for the Church they should be fired. An action similar to have their names removed from the Book of Life.

Without my expressing an opinion regarding the manner of blowing the whistle, I think there is some inconsistency here. I hear you saying that the whistleblower should be fired and disfellowshipped, but the perpetrator the whistle blowing was about should get off scott free.

In other words, can you cite anywhere where you have said that Danny should be fired and disfellowshipped?

Of all the sins God wrote that he hated, gossip was top on the list.

Do you have a Bible verse or SoP quote which says that gossip is worse than child molestation, lying about child molestation, unbiblical divorce, trashing an alleged victim of sexual assault on global TV, private inurement, suing fellow Adventists for telling the truth, committing perjury, and receiving kickbacks from Remnant Publications?

Stan, really, saying that the author of the Televangelist should be disfellowshipped and fired, while not saying the same about Danny, it makes no sense at all.

You stated that the author of the Televangelist ought to be disfellowshipped, but, to my knowledge, you have never called for the same discipline to be visited upon Danny.

A lot of folks would take serious issue with your suggestion that blowing the whistle about child molestation is worse than the child molestation itself. It is true that the Televangelist did blow the whistle over Tommy's pedophilia:

Quote from: The Televangelist By Jorgen VanBraun
One of the televangelist’s older brothers left the Church and went through seminary with another denomination. He became a pastor, and built a church and grade school. Within a few years accusations of child molestation began to haunt him. Several young boys from his grade school accused him of sexual abuse. The televangelist’s mother begged the parents of these children to not press charges against her son. They agreed that if the pastor left the state, they wouldn’t file charges and he left.

Safely in another state, the pastor took on another church. For several years his church thrived and he was considered a model pastor. Then he molested another boy. This time his mother was not there to jump to his defense, so he left that state in a hurry. He called his televangelist brother to ask for help. Given a good job offer, he moved to a location just across the state line from where the televangelist was located (the area from which he first had to flee) and went to work for his brother. He became the Director of the production facilities, and traveled the world with his brother as pianist at meetings, rallies, and other events.

Do you really think that penning the above words is worse than Tommy's molesting boys?

Johann

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »

- - -

- - -

You stated that the author of the Televangelist ought to be disfellowshipped, but, to my knowledge, you have never called for the same discipline to be visited upon Danny.

A lot of folks would take serious issue with your suggestion that blowing the whistle about child molestation is worse than the child molestation itself. It is true that the Televangelist did blow the whistle over Tommy's pedophilia:

Quote from: The Televangelist By Jorgen VanBraun
One of the televangelist’s older brothers left the Church and went through seminary with another denomination. He became a pastor, and built a church and grade school. Within a few years accusations of child molestation began to haunt him. Several young boys from his grade school accused him of sexual abuse. The televangelist’s mother begged the parents of these children to not press charges against her son. They agreed that if the pastor left the state, they wouldn’t file charges and he left.

Safely in another state, the pastor took on another church. For several years his church thrived and he was considered a model pastor. Then he molested another boy. This time his mother was not there to jump to his defense, so he left that state in a hurry. He called his televangelist brother to ask for help. Given a good job offer, he moved to a location just across the state line from where the televangelist was located (the area from which he first had to flee) and went to work for his brother. He became the Director of the production facilities, and traveled the world with his brother as pianist at meetings, rallies, and other events.

Do you really think that penning the above words is worse than Tommy's molesting boys?

I do not think you will find any statements from Linda regarding Tommy's pedophilia.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 08:38:22 PM »

I have been absent from this site for at least a month or more... It amuses me to see that Stan is attempting to get the writer of "The Televangelist" to lay claim to its authorship. It is obvious from his comments that he has heard the different theories regarding the identity of the person or persons assumed to have penned this insightful glimpse into the life of Danny Shelton---based upon Danny's public acceptance and confession of himself being depicted within its content.The authorship of this document is of little consequence...its contents is of far greater importance. Do I know who wrote it? I know with certainty who did not write it: Linda Shelton. The facts presented in it were not gleaned from Linda, despite accusations from those who insist continued speculation upon its authorship or the primary source for the information contained within its pages.

Stan, how bold of you to pass judgement upon this author, insisting that their name be stricken from the Book of Life. Why? For telling the truth? For drawing back the curtain and shedding light upon the truth hidden behind the carefully scripted public persona of the televangelist? It is neither gossip nor fabrication which is included within this brief biographical work. In fact, much that could have been included has been omitted... The current contents are shocking enough without adding additional details.

So, Stan. Why such a stalwart defender of Danny Shelton? Do you know him personally? Could you swear on a Bible in a court of law as to the nature of his genuine character or just to the minute part captured on camera and broadcasted by 3ABN? Before you so harshly condemn the author of the televangelist; instead of branding this author a gossip and passing judgement upon him or her, entertain the possibility that they are a watchman on the wall sending out a warning that a wolf in sheep's clothing has entered in among the flock. Should the messanger be condemned because you are uncomfortable with the facts you have received? Even Danny, himself, admitted to the authenticity of this report of his actions, although he was not willing to take ownership to every action reported. The author has recorded all the incidents in good faith and there are numerous honest witnesses who can attest to its accuracy---not liars, disgruntled ex-employees or their spouses, ex-wives of the televangelist or others with an axe to grind---merely witnesses to the events included within the text of "The Televangelist".

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 08:31:18 AM »

[/quote]
I have been absent from this site for at least a month or more... It amuses me to see that Stan is attempting to get the writer of "The Televangelist" to lay claim to its authorship. It is obvious from his comments that he has heard the different theories regarding the identity of the person or persons assumed to have penned this insightful glimpse into the life of Danny Shelton---based upon Danny's public acceptance and confession of himself being depicted within its content.The authorship of this document is of little consequence...its contents is of far greater importance. Do I know who wrote it? I know with certainty who did not write it: Linda Shelton. The facts presented in it were not gleaned from Linda, despite accusations from those who insist continued speculation upon its authorship or the primary source for the information contained within its pages.

Stan, how bold of you to pass judgement upon this author, insisting that their name be stricken from the Book of Life. Why? For telling the truth? For drawing back the curtain and shedding light upon the truth hidden behind the carefully scripted public persona of the televangelist? It is neither gossip nor fabrication which is included within this brief biographical work. In fact, much that could have been included has been omitted... The current contents are shocking enough without adding additional details.

So, Stan. Why such a stalwart defender of Danny Shelton? Do you know him personally? Could you swear on a Bible in a court of law as to the nature of his genuine character or just to the minute part captured on camera and broadcasted by 3ABN? Before you so harshly condemn the author of the televangelist; instead of branding this author a gossip and passing judgement upon him or her, entertain the possibility that they are a watchman on the wall sending out a warning that a wolf in sheep's clothing has entered in among the flock. Should the messanger be condemned because you are uncomfortable with the facts you have received? Even Danny, himself, admitted to the authenticity of this report of his actions, although he was not willing to take ownership to every action reported. The author has recorded all the incidents in good faith and there are numerous honest witnesses who can attest to its accuracy---not liars, disgruntled ex-employees or their spouses, ex-wives of the televangelist or others with an axe to grind---merely witnesses to the events included within the text of "The Televangelist".

:goodpost:

Stan is a coward. He tuck tale and ran when approached on his "weirdness."
Alex L. Walker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up