Issues & Concerns Category > 3ABN

Who Is Stephan Lewis??

<< < (3/8) > >>

Ozzie:

--- Quote from: Gregory on August 17, 2008, 02:42:58 AM ---
--- Quote ---He calls himself a Bishop, but that's the only guy I've ever heard of elevating himself to that status in the SDA Church.
--- End quote ---

And you never heard of Bishop Lieske (I may not have spelled it correctly?).  He was on the air for years and did good work for the SDA church.

--- End quote ---

No. Not unless he is the guy that made the DVD/video regarding "I preached a lie for .. years".

I actually tossed the DVD or Video (whichever it was), coz I don't particularly like people big-noteing themselves.

Last Bishop I ever heard of other than on that media, was when I was a member of the Catholic Church.

childoftheking:
Wasn't Bishop Leiske of the tv program "Religious Town Hall" a Seventh-day Adventist. It never struck me that Bishop was probably his first name and not a title untill I started to reply.

Gregory:

--- Quote from: childoftheking on August 17, 2008, 05:17:00 AM ---Wasn't Bishop Leiske of the tv program "Religious Town Hall" a Seventh-day Adventist. It never struck me that Bishop was probably his first name and not a title untill I started to reply.

--- End quote ---

You got it.

No, Bishop was not his first name.  It was a title.  He was a SDA clergyperson.  He did good work for the SDA Chruch.  Unfortunately his program was never distributed as widely as others have been.

Here is a URL that will give you information about it: 

http://www.acfnewsource.org/religion/religious_town_hall.html

It began on radio in 1952 and later moved to television.  I am not certain if it still is produced.  But, it was on the air for 50 years or more.

Here is a quotation from the above website and a potential contact point if anyone wants to check it out to see if it is still in production.

--- Quote ---  Broadcast over 315 stations nationwide across four networks and numerous local independent stations, Leiske receives letters from fans who have been watching for more than 25 years. Leiske estimates the viewing audience is somewhere between 175 and 200 million.

CONTACTS

Robert Leiske: Pastor and Host
The American Religious Town Hall Meeting
745 North Buckner Boulevard
Dallas, Texas 75218
Phone: (214) 328-9828

--- End quote ---

NOTE:  Robert Leiske may not take the title Bishop?  However, his Father, who began the program used the title Bishop.

Gregory:

--- Quote ---He calls himself a Bishop, but that's the only guy I've ever heard of elevating himself to that status in the SDA Church.
--- End quote ---

Next, I expect you to tell us that you have never heard of a SDA minister wearing a clerical collar.   Some SDA ministers were wearing such into the 1940's when most stopped.  But, there have been a few who have worn them since.

Fran:
The Pastor and Host is now the previous president of the Texas Conference, Steve Gifford.  I believe Leiske has passed away.  The other SDA representation is Elder Beach.  They have representative of several different churches, including Catholic.  May times I have to say that the non-SDAs are better at stating their position.

I did not like that Leiske used Bishop as his title.   ???  I often wondered if viewer thought he was Catholic  :scratch:

I do not like the program, however, many others do.   :dunno:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version