Issues & Concerns Category > 3ABN

Who Is Stephan Lewis??

<< < (8/8)

Snoopy:
I totally agree.  I understand that a key indicator for IRS auditors/investigators is whether or not the stated income supports the lifestyle.

--- Quote from: Bob Pickle on August 20, 2008, 07:11:03 PM ---bonnie,

Someone was talking to me today and told me that they thought you were really on to something regarding the amount of salary it would take to support all those horses.

--- End quote ---

bonnie:

--- Quote ---
bonnie,
Someone was talking to me today and told me that they thought you were really on to something regarding the amount of salary it would take to support all those horses.

--- End quote ---

There is a lot that goes into raising horses,whether pleasure or hobby/business.

I don't think it is even plausible that DS did not know what he was wanting LS to do was illegal.

He is talking about doing this again with another horse as he could not use it for breeding anymore, which means he has several mares or is one very foolish man with money. Nor should he be a novice at IRS regs and rules.
The biggest reason those having horses for pleasure do not have a stallion is for the very reason DS was saying he needed to get rid of the one he had. Most doing so for pleasure do not have a breeding program at all. Those wanting a mare bred pay for stud. A lot more economical in maintenence and the ability to upgrade your bloodline.

The minimum for maintaining one horse is 80.00 per month around here. Our climate is much like Ill.
Hay was at 3.00 a bale in the 80's. Have no idea what it is now, but can't be lower than that. A horse will eat at least once again what a cow will. The purchase of a number of horses,fencing,barn or shelter,grain,hay,farrier,vet,and hired help as they were gone almost non-stop gets pretty pricy. If there were many years that they received less than 94,000.00 a year,it would almost take some magic here to swing this and maintain.

It just made me curious as to donating to another non-profit ministry in the form of horses. Lewis would have almost  had to have a horse business  as part of his non-profit status for this to work.

From my understanding so far is they did not even live in the same state. By the time they were transported and kept for sale to another party ,the donation amount would be seriously eroded. Dosen't make sense. Lewis had to have had a horse business or he would not have been prepared to take on this kind of donation. It is not plausible this man was ignorant of IRS rules and regulations any more than DS was.

Why is DS donating to another ministry doing essentially the same thing he is? Why not sell the horses and use the money for 3ABN.

Doesn't make any more sense than using ebay for selling donated items. That is about the most cumbersome,inefficient cost wise you can get for donations.

Most items on ebay do not sell for market value. The competion is fierce.
Why would items be donated and shipping paid by donor,pay salary to be accepted, recorded,photographed and spend literally hours per week checking for any flaws in the item, listing and wrapping for shipment. Then pay listing fee, final value fee and paypal fee?

On a 30.00 item you are not going to have much left. Of course that is assuming that each and every item sells which is not the way it works.

Whatever the reason Fran is right about the ebay store. Little fibbing going on there. You can backtrack the paper trail on ebay and this trail only goes one way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version