Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandy has left Danny  (Read 90490 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: Brandy has left Danny
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 04:25:11 PM »

Hmm, you sound so close to the other half to be so sure of things. The signitures wrote the same name but....how many hand writing ways does one have??? that are so different. I looked at that myself and saw the same person did not sign both or Was that more game playing??   :dunno:

Jodi

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 10:57:06 PM »

Ian, this is in response to your statement to my post where you said:  "Because it is not on her website" referring to the proof that the child submitted was not Brandy's.  Perhaps you haven't gone to the proper web site.  Go to:  www.goodnewsaboutgod.com and click on Spiritual Truths.  Then, scroll down to the bottom center of the many icons and you'll see "Shelton's DNA Testing".  Click on that and read the entire post.  Clearly, the child presented for testing was not identified as required.   DS would not allow that.   Therefore, it can be said (and DS loves this!) that he complied with the testing, but HE DID NOT.  He showed up with Brandy and "a" child, but he did NOT COMPLY with the testing as required BY LAW. 

Pat Williams

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 01:04:06 AM »

Ian, this is in response to your statement to my post where you said:  "Because it is not on her website" referring to the proof that the child submitted was not Brandy's.  Perhaps you haven't gone to the proper web site.  Go to:  www.goodnewsaboutgod.com and click on Spiritual Truths.  Then, scroll down to the bottom center of the many icons and you'll see "Shelton's DNA Testing".  Click on that and read the entire post.  Clearly, the child presented for testing was not identified as required.   DS would not allow that.   Therefore, it can be said (and DS loves this!) that he complied with the testing, but HE DID NOT.  He showed up with Brandy and "a" child, but he did NOT COMPLY with the testing as required BY LAW.  

There was NO law he had to comply with.

Dr Day purchased home paternity kits where no id's no fingerprints and no photos are required, and the lab had no problem identifying Brandy as the child's mother or excluding Danny as the father.

For your edification.

Quote from: Dr Day
]To travel several hours to and from a certified DNA testing laboratory would have been a major imposition on the Sheltons, including the child, ****, who would have missed a day of school.

To make it as convenient as possible for the Sheltons, I traveled from California to Southern Illinois at my own expense, and brought along two DNA testing kits...

What is the difference between a Private and a Legal Paternity Test?

The private paternity test (a/k/a “peace of mind” or “home“) where a client requests and is sent the sample collection kits.  The client or someone they appoint collects the samples themselves and returns them to our lab.  Not much documentation is required by the private test.  Simply completing the Chain of Custody included in the kit and signing it and providing the samples is sufficient.

The legal paternity test (a/k/a court admissible) where the client goes into a doctor’s office, a sample collection site, or a clinic, and a disinterested third party (a trained DNA specimen collection technician) collects the donors’ samples and completes the formal chain of custody form.  This formal collection process entails the taking of the donors’ fingerprint, photograph, and making a copy of the donors’ government issued identification.  All these items together with the donors’ samples establish and attest to an unbroken chain of custody

Quote from:  he lab Dr Day chose and posted a link to on her website
www.dnacenter.com

Test Types: Legal and Home DNA Test
       The type of paternity test you need will depend on what you
       intend to use the DNA test results for:

* If you need paternity test results that can be used as a
             legal document (for example, to change the name on the
             birth certificate or to obtain child support and other
             benefits), a *Legal DNA Test* needs to be performed
             *(described below)*.
           * However, if you need the test only for personal knowledge,
             a Home DNA Test
             <http://www.dnacenter.com/paternity/home-test.html> willl
             suffice.

Unlike the Home DNA Test, where tested parties collect their own
       samples at their convenience, the Legal DNA Test follows a
       Chain of Custody documentation process
       <http://www.dnacenter.com/paternity/establishing-paternity.html>
       to ensure that you receive accurate and legally defensible
       results. When you set up your case with DDC, _we will coordinate
       a convenient sample collection appointment,_ during which a
       trained sample collector will complete all the necessary
       documentation to satisfy chain of custody requirements.

Sample Collection
       We routinely use the painless buccal (cheek) swab to collect
       samples. We have the largest network of collection sites
       <http://www.dnacenter.com/locations.html> in the U.S., allowing
       our customers to choose a sample collection appointment most
       convenient for them. We also have extensive affiliations with
       laboratories worldwide for international sample collections.

*DNA Testing Costs*
       The basic cost for the Chain of Custody DNA test is *$475* for
       one child and one alleged father, with or without the mother. In
       addition, a sample collection fee of *$70* is charged for each
       paternity test *case* (child and alleged father). The mother's
       DNA sample is collected free of charge.

Home Paternity Testing

DNA Collection Kit
       Collecting the DNA sample is quick and painless. Once you place
       an online DNA test order
       <https://www.dnacenter.com/cgi-bin/home-paternity.pl?info=DNIS5768>,
       we will send you a DNA sample collection kit within one business
       day. The kit will contain the following:

* Complete instructions for collecting the DNA samples
           * Buccal swabs and swab envelopes for the child, alleged
             father, and mother (if participating)
           * Business return envelope for shipping the samples back to
             the laboratory

*DNA Testing Costs*
       The basic cost for the Home DNA test is *$295.* This
       all-inclusive fee includes the DNA sample collection kit, Dual
       Process™ DNA testing, and shipping of kits and samples from and
       to the laboratory.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:43:33 AM by 3ABN_Defender »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 01:40:00 AM »

Defender,
With this info you posted, you still don't get it?????  Did you or do hold some sort of office YET in the 3abn saga! I am beginning to see more and more what the problem is. Sure is a wacked situation! Or should we use the word dense?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 06:12:34 AM »

Not only did Brandy agree to appease the ridiculous accusations and submit her innocent child to a DNA test, NOW it is not even good enough.

I know of no evidence that Brandy agreed. Remember? Her signature was forged on that agreement.

It is a naive and ignorant assumption that a person signs his or her name consistently each time.

Danny_Defender,

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/shelton's/brannack_marriage.html is Brandy's signature in 1996.

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/shelton's/murray_marriage.html is Brandy's signature in 2000.

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/shelton's/images/brandy.jpg is Brandy's signature in both 2006 and in April 2009.

All the above signatures look reasonably the same, though the "S" in Shelton on the driver's license seems to look different.

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/dr_day/shelton's/dna_test.html is the testing agreement, and the signatures there look totally different. If they are not forged, how do you propose to explain why Brandy changed her signature after using it for at least 13 years, and then perhaps changed it back for her driver's license?

And as I said above, my statement only concerned the testing agreement, not what was done on the day of testing.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 08:02:27 AM »

I have looked as all of the provided signatures.  My initial reaction was that there might be a difference.  Then I took a closer look:

1) The initials on pagae 1 of the DNA agreement, in my view tie to both the signatures on page 2 and to the previous signatures provided at earlier times.

2) It should be noted thata the "S" in the initials on page 1, is written two different ways.  The first one is tied to the signatures on page 2 and the second is tied, in my thinking to the previous signatures.

3) The "L" in the initials on page 1, in my mind is clearly tied to the "L" in the previous signatures.

4) The second "B" in the initials, in my thinking is tied to the "B" on the passport.

5) How do I explain what I see as the differences between the signatures on page 2 of the DNA agreement and the previous signatures?

Very simply:  I explain these differences as what happens when a person is signing a document in a rush, page 2 of the DNA agreement.  The exact same type of differences occur in my signature when I am in a rush.  Why would Brandy be in a rush to sign the DNA agreement--If she was angry she just might be in a  rush to get a distaseful duty out of the way.  I can see me being angry and in a rush.

I have to say that I do not find to be substantiated any claim that might be made that the DNA agreement contained forged signatures.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 08:15:27 AM »

The reality is that none of us are experts in handwriting anallysis and anything that we might say is just speculation.  So, how do we arrive at truth?  I have an answer to that:

There is a retired FBI Agent living in the Denver metro area who is an active Seventh-day Adventist.  He is a recognized expert in handwriting analysis. One of the cases that he worked on prior to his retirement was the murder of JonBenet Ramsey who was found murdered in the basement of her Boulder home.  He analized a note attached to that case.

I do not recall his name right now.  But, he is well known in the area.  He continues to do work in his area of expertese.  If any of you wanted to obtain an outhorative opinon on the signatures you could likely find a way to contact him and obtain his services.

No, I am not interested in working that up.

NOTE: I have corrected the spelling of Jon's name.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:58:00 AM by Gregory »

Rex

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 08:24:21 AM »

I have looked as all of the provided signatures.  My initial reaction was that there might be a difference.  Then I took a closer look:

1) The initials on pagae 1 of the DNA agreement, in my view tie to both the signatures on page 2 and to the previous signatures provided at earlier times.

2) It should be noted thata the "S" in the initials on page 1, is written two different ways.  The first one is tied to the signatures on page 2 and the second is tied, in my thinking to the previous signatures.

3) The "L" in the initials on page 1, in my mind is clearly tied to the "L" in the previous signatures.

4) The second "B" in the initials, in my thinking is tied to the "B" on the passport.

5) How do I explain what I see as the differences between the signatures on page 2 of the DNA agreement and the previous signatures?

Very simply:  I explain these differences as what happens when a person is signing a document in a rush, page 2 of the DNA agreement.  The exact same type of differences occur in my signature when I am in a rush.  Why would Brandy be in a rush to sign the DNA agreement--If she was angry she just might be in a  rush to get a distaseful duty out of the way.  I can see me being angry and in a rush.

I have to say that I do not find to be substantiated any claim that might be made that the DNA agreement contained forged signatures.

:ROFL: This place is hilarious.

Did anybody here even bother to ask the woman in question if that is her signature before deciding that her signature was forged?

I'm betting the answer is no. :ROFL:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »

Look again,
Then look at Danny Shelton handwriting, Brandy's signiture is almost exactely as DS writes. That does not take an expert to see.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 11:44:10 AM »

I've got other examples of her signature, and I have yet to see any "B" like the ones on the agreement.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 12:56:41 PM »

I don't believe women are stupid, and don't believe Brandy to be so, but we just sometimes make those not so bright decisions where men are conerned.  I am not quite sure that Brandy was running in SDA circles before moving to IL, but you bet your boots she got a good dose of what was going on after she got there.........still making a decision with such a disasterous results.  

Sin IS the basic problem, but how did it manifest itself in this situation?  Mainly through the efforts of the good folk here at AT(and their friends), and most importantly Danny's inability to shield his family from them. Plus, remember I did place responsiblity on both Danny and Brandy for trying to build a house on the sand.  

Also, as I said Bob, the efforts put forth on the other side are now suspect because you all did not get the outcome you so desired.  Brandy signed the papers, the {right} baby took the test, and Danny is not that baby's daddy...simple.

Obviously, Danny is not the stupid one here. I can tell you from a mans point of view that he exhibits (Danny) all the signs of a man in midlife crisis. Princess, you conclude Brandy left because of all the pressure, but you cannot conclude that a man who reports to be so in love with his wife can do the things Danny did to Her, I think not. As far as Brandy goes she is not a stupid lady, she well knew Danny's situation from the start since it is common knowledge in Adventist circles. The outcome now was evident long before this point, I already knew that the roosters would come home to roost; I do not blame the people here for their breakup I blame SIN. I am not a professional but the people that are around Danny should have had a spiritual enough eye to discern the outcome and should have acted accordingly. I blame the suppose friends and Spiritual leaders for Danny, who did not have the guts to either leave or ask him to step down until things were worked out. Danny should have never been allowed to continue on if this work was really Gods work with the intent of mending broken people.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Emma

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »

A comment from myself, as a bystander, not involved

If there had been a plan to use the DNA results in a court of law, obviously the procedure would
necessarily have been more rigorous. Strict ID tests would have been enforced and the collecter
would have had to have been certified (as someone has already pointed out).

As it is, Brandy turned up for the test with the child - whoever that child was - and agreed
to let her (Brandy's) mouth be swabbed.

Does not that imply consent?  Whether willingly or unwillingly, she let herself be tested.  Not knowing
American law, I do not know whether that consent in action would take precedence over a claim of
coerced consent if her signature had been forged.  

Or is this whole discussion just about another example of misconduct by the Sheltons?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 01:00:19 PM »

I would think so, Emma. Whether she signed or not she and the child were tested.

A comment from myself, as a bystander, not involved

If there had been a plan to use the DNA results in a court of law, obviously the procedure would
necessarily have been more rigorous. Strict ID tests would have been enforced and the collecter
would have had to have been certified (as someone has already pointed out).

As it is, Brandy turned up for the test with the child - whoever that child was - and agreed
to let her (Brandy's) mouth be swabbed.

Does not that imply consent?  Whether willingly or unwillingly, she let herself be tested.  Not knowing
American law, I do not know whether that consent in action would take precedence over a claim of
coerced consent if her signature had been forged.  
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

christian

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 02:24:05 PM »

Prince,

Honestly, this is a tragedy for the Adventsit Church more than for the parties involved. I find it difficult to believe that given the circumstance that the church would stand by and watch with approval what has taken place. Have you read Dr Day's post? By the way, I watched 3abn extensively and I could see what was happening. The folks here are in no way responsible for what has happen it solely rest at the feet of the board at 3abn and Danny Shelton himself. Actually, if he had just step down and married Brandy that would have been his business and his only. But to expect Adventist people to just be quiet and sit back and except what was happening would be crazy. I am interested to know what you think should have been done? Please answer that question because I have often wanted to ask those defending Danny that question. Actually, for the true Christian it left them very little choice but to speak out if they valued truth and purity.

GRAT

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 02:59:58 PM »

christian - Amen, Amen and Amen!!! 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up