Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandy has left Danny  (Read 90941 times)

GrandmaNettie

Re: Brandy has left Danny
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »

That location was Danny's choice.

The switch to the parking lot by the post office was Danny's choice because some of the parties involved felt the school parking lot had the potential to be too public. 

As far as I recall from reading the agreement, the choice to meet in a parking lot for the sample swabbing by Dr. Day was agreed to by both Danny and Dr. Day, according to the agreement.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2009, 09:03:37 PM »

Ok but why not the lab, like errybody else?  Why was the parking lot even a consideration?  Danny could have had the person come to him if he wanted. Does Dr. Day have an office?  This is all so very strange.

Ok, and WHY in the h.........sorry.......world was he worried about it being public when he was allowing this woman to post the results on the world wide web?

I think it was supposed to be a school parking lot, but then got changed by Danny et. al. to a post office parking lot, I think in Benton.

You know these folks are really strange!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:22:06 PM by princessdi »
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

childoftheking

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2009, 05:23:18 AM »

Quote from: princessdi link=topic=1715.msg21277

#msg21277 date=1252728217
Ok but why not the lab, like errybody else?  Why was the parking lot even a consideration?  Danny could have had the person come to him if he wanted. Does Dr. Day have an office?  This is all so very strange.

Ok, and WHY in the h.........sorry.......world was he worried about it being public when he was allowing this woman to post the results on the world wide web?

I think it was supposed to be a school parking lot, but then got changed by Danny et. al. to a post office parking lot, I think in Benton.

[quote That location was Danny's choice. quote]

Reply: Because Danny was the one who changed the location a couple of times at the last minute it is evident that he was the one who was making the decisions about where it would be held. Dr Day lives in California. I presume that her office is there. Dr Day did say that "To travel several hours to and from a certified DNA testing laboratory would have been a major imposition on the Sheltons, including the child, Trinity Murray, who would have missed a day of school."But why not the Shelton's home or another more suitable location? Maybe that is just the way they do things in Southern Illinois? A parking lot indeed! And why hide the child under a blanket? And for that length of time? That is the strangest of all to me. Especially as you have said when Danny wanted Dr Day to publish the results on the world wide web and asked her to do so.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2009, 06:57:37 AM »

The switch to the parking lot by the post office was Danny's choice because some of the parties involved felt the school parking lot had the potential to be too public.  

As far as I recall from reading the agreement, the choice to meet in a parking lot for the sample swabbing by Dr. Day was agreed to by both Danny and Dr. Day, according to the agreement.

That is true, GN. It could have been done at a lab with all the documentation required for legal testing -- which would have been better imo -- but the testing arrangements were up to Dr Day as agreed upon, and Dr Day opted to order the home kits which are for informational purposes only -- and as she states brought those kits which she purchased with her.

The choice of the post office parking lot makes perfect sense if one takes into consideration that Dr Day needed to take the samples then mail them to the labs for testing. As all were already at the post office -- the samples didn't have to be transported or taken out of sight-- all could all watch, and both parties could witness to the fact that none of the samples were messed with or altered as they were packaged and then mailed to the lab by Dr Day.

DNA tests don't lie, those same samples taken by Dr Day were tested twice by the very same lab and the very same Doctor she mailed them to. Brandy is the mother of the child and Danny is not the father of the child. Of course people can choose to live in a fantasy world here and keep denying that reality till judgment day, and keep quibbling about every little thing as if it will somehow override those facts -- and some will I am sure-- but for the rest of the world the subject is closed and over with and their continuing arguments and excuses just sound like sour grapes and an inability to admit to being wrong.

Have a good one all,  and try and get some rest today... ;)

laters...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:06:39 AM by Ian »

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »

PrincessDi,

As I recall the concern over the original agreement to meet in the public school parking lot was not due to them trying to hide anything. It was because after considering it they did not think it appropriate to meet there in the morning while school was in session  and cause a possible distraction and disruption for students, teachers and parents, by becoming a unasked for and unwanted sideshow.

For the reasons I stated in my earlier post it was determined that the Post office was the neutral location most suited to the needs of both parties and regardless of who's idea that originally was, they both agreed to it as we all now know.

..ian

Edited to add a PS:

It was not done at a Lab because Dr Day did not arrange or pay for that kind of testing. According to the websites of the labs she chose, the legal, chain of custody type of DNA testing which is done by a technician at a Lab or clinic and where the lab or clinic is required to finger print, photograph and copy id's - costs almost twice as much as the home or informational DNA testing kits she purchased and used. With the type she purchased you just swab the inside of the "Mother", "child" and "possible Father"'s cheeks and put the swabs each into the packages with those 3 labels (no names required) and mail them in. The same exact testing by the lab is done whether it be the chain of custody or the informational DNA test.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 03:47:03 PM by Ian »

dburt

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2009, 05:16:19 PM »

Got a couple of questions for DrDay, Fran, Pickle and the others who love to root around in the gossip pile and bring up this ABN stuff ad nauseum. How long are you folks going to beat this dead horse?? Don't any of you have anything better to do?? Are any of you doing anything active for the Lord, to help hasten His return, to get the gospel message out to the world before it's too late for the unwarned?? May God help you- to get right with Him, to get your priorities straight, to help others know Him. Leave the stinking gossip alone, and push the Gospel- the Good news to sinners dying in need of a Saviour.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2009, 07:08:39 PM »

dburt,

Probably most on here really tried but you see it all got spent for  :horse: feed.

You really do sound like one of those college professors.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2009, 07:29:06 PM »

... those same samples taken by Dr Day were tested twice by the very same lab and the very same Doctor she mailed them to.

False.

Brandy is the mother of the child and Danny is not the father of the child.

Actually, according to what the surmising Nosir Myzing posted, the one lab said that paternity was 99.99% certain, which would make Danny the father of the child. A likely typo.

But the lab, assuming there was a typo, said that there was a 99.99% chance that Brandy was the mother, assuming a 50% chance before. I take that to mean that there is a 1 in 20,000 chance that Brandy is not the mother.

Of course people can choose to live in a fantasy world here and keep denying that reality till judgment day, and keep quibbling about every little thing as if it will somehow override those facts -- and some will I am sure-- but for the rest of the world the subject is closed and over with and their continuing arguments and excuses just sound like sour grapes and an inability to admit to being wrong.

Problem is, as you well know but wish to ignore in this discussion, that there is no proof presently that the child tested was the child that was supposed to be tested. And that is the question that is still not resolved.

christian

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2009, 04:48:07 AM »

For much to long sin has been allowed to be swept under the carpet only to infect the people of God for generations. Years after the wrong against the Gibionites, God allowed retribution to be exacted. Danny, could have quit 3ABN and done what he wanted to and only those directly involved would have pursued the matter. However, what he did was public and most considered it a direct slap in the face to Adventism and to the message it stands for. Others have asked why can't it just be let go, because it reflects directly on the members of the Adventist Church and their desire to represent Christ.
 The message that has been sent by Danny and others is that position and power are what rules the message and not God. No sincere Christian could honestly stand by and except what was happening without protest.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2009, 04:51:03 AM »

DNA tests don't lie, those same samples taken by Dr Day were tested twice by the very same lab and the very same Doctor she mailed them to.

False.

False?

Folks, see the results of those 2 tests attached below for yet another example of why Bob's claims are just not credible.

Brandy is the mother of the child and Danny is not the father of the child. Of course people can choose to live in a fantasy world here and keep denying that reality till judgment day, and keep quibbling about every little thing as if it will somehow override those facts -- and some will I am sure-- but for the rest of the world the subject is closed and over with and their continuing arguments and excuses just sound like sour grapes and an inability to admit to being wrong
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 05:06:00 AM by Ian »

childoftheking

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2009, 08:00:05 AM »

Most of us have already seen the results. What made this discussion interesting was why were they acting so strangely. I can understand getting the test results right to the post office but I think the test results were in question even before they were taken because even though the tests were home kits, identification was incomplete (no fingerprints) and documents were incomplete and xeroxed. And if after traveling to southern Illinois from California, Dr Day had refused to do the test until there was better documentation available, I believe she would have been accused of backing out of doing the test. The samples could have been taken in a more private location and carried to the post office by both Danny and Dr Day and perhaps a neutral third party. I just cannot imagine what explanation you could give a 9 year old for subjecting her to all this. How can you tell her why she must hide under a blanket for such a length of time?

Danny and Brandy are public figures. They have deliberately put themselves in the public eye. So eccentric behavior on either or both of them is going to be subject to comment. Brandy should have known from the beginning that she was walking into a highly charged situation. And it is laughable to me that Danny would sue for slander and write a book about gossip when he talks about those who he thinks are against him. Don't tell me that a lot of what he is documented as saying is not gossip. Which is worse, repeating rumor or starting it?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2009, 02:23:16 PM »

DNA tests don't lie, those same samples taken by Dr Day were tested twice by the very same lab and the very same Doctor she mailed them to.

False.

False?

Yes. False.

Folks, see the results of those 2 tests attached below for yet another example of why Bob's claims are just not credible.

Cynthia Ann Conard, why did you write that? Why did you twist my true statement into a slam like that?

If you were going to post the results of two tests, why didn't you post the results of two tests? Why not? Why did you only post two letters from the same lab pertaining to only one test? Why didn't you post the report for the other test from the other lab?

More importantly, why do you keep trying to pretend to be an expert when you can't get your facts straight?

And, where did you get the second letter you posted from?

Rex

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »

False.

False?

Yes. False.

Cynthia Ann Conard, why did you write that? Why did you twist my true statement into a slam like that?

If you were going to post the results of two tests, why didn't you post the results of two tests? Why not? Why did you only post two letters from the same lab pertaining to only one test? Why didn't you post the report for the other test from the other lab?

More importantly, why do you keep trying to pretend to be an expert when you can't get your facts straight?

And, where did you get the second letter you posted from?

Sure you're right! So we're all going with a paternity test and a maternity test are only one test now?

:ROFL:  You just can't make this kind of stuff up.

Rex

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2009, 07:43:24 PM »

Problem is, as you well know but wish to ignore in this discussion, that there is no proof presently that the child tested was the child that was supposed to be tested. And that is the question that is still not resolved.

I'm going with the DNA test was accurate and Mrs Shelton is the Mother.So if the wrong child was tested how many other children does Mrs Shelton have? Are they close in age? Which of her children do you think it was?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2009, 07:41:30 AM »

Sure you're right! So we're all going with a paternity test and a maternity test are only one test now?

That is correct. There were two tests for two different labs, and each test took samples from all three individuals. There were no separate paternity and maternity tests.

I'm going with the DNA test was accurate and Mrs Shelton is the Mother.So if the wrong child was tested how many other children does Mrs Shelton have? Are they close in age? Which of her children do you think it was?

According to how I read the report Nosir Myzing posted from who knows where, she has a 19,999/20,000 chance of being the mother. That means she has a 1/20,000 of not being the mother.

I have no way presently to prove how many children she has. And I don't know the odds of a niece having the same test results.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up