Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Unauthorized History of 3ABN Continues  (Read 130634 times)

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Unauthorized History of 3ABN Continues
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »

My intent was to only post a link at BSDA to my post here at Advent Talk. I was very surprised to check back at BSDA and find that the entire text of “Nobody Owns the Church, Part 4" had been added to my post, but not by me. I went into the edit format intending to erase the text, but decided since it had already been seen to let it remain there.

Sister

You did not post it? It was posted as if you had done it!!!

I checked over there and it 'appears' that Sister posted it. How is this so?

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2008, 12:42:16 PM »

I also was surprised to see it posted as if Sister had done it herself!

I noticed that Calvin later admitted to adding the post himself after he saw the link, and Clay then defended Calvin's posting of it.

The interesting thing was that immediately after adding the post himself, Calvin then began questioning the story.

Quote from Calvin:  

"Why is this four year old story even important to tell at this point in the saga? Sister haven’t you exposed enough of Danny’s character in your previous stories?"

In that case, just wondering why Calvin bothered to bring the story over to BSDA...

I am confused.  ??? Why did Calvin snag and copy it and then commence denigrating Sister's account of the happenings? If he didn't like the information, what was his purpose? :scratch:

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »

I posted the link, Calvin later added the content of the link to my original post. As the administrater no edit was apparent. Later I edited the content Calvin had posted adding italic, etc, so it would be identical with my post here.

Sister

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2008, 12:55:19 PM »

I posted the link, Calvin later added the content of the link to my original post. As the administrater no edit was apparent. Later I edited the content Calvin had posted adding italic, etc, so it would be identical with my post here.

Sister

It doesn't appear quite kosher to me, the way he did this.

ImaAnt

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »

I noticed that Calvin later admitted to adding the post himself after he saw the link.....
Although I have no doubt he did, I am having a difficult time finding where Calvin "admitted" to adding the post himself, could you provide that link?

In that case, just wondering why Calvin bothered to bring the story over to BSDA...
Do you think the non-speculative thing to do would be to just ask him since you post there and can contact him via PM?

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2008, 01:55:35 PM »

Sister

It doesn't appear quite kosher to me, the way he did this.

Greetings once again, Adventtalk members!

I have been following this particular "incident" since I noticed chatter about it last night.

My question is, how is what Calvin decided to do on his site any less kosher than Daryl deciding to clean up members' misspellings on the Stan Jensen thread as well as delete posts he deemed off-topic?  Tis their prerogative as site owners, right?
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2008, 01:59:57 PM »

We work as a team here as much as possible, therefore, except for dire circumstances, we normally do things here by consensus.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2008, 02:09:31 PM »

We work as a team here as much as possible, therefore, except for dire circumstances, we normally do things here by consensus.

That is possibly the big difference between AdventTalk and other Forums? It may take some people awhile to adjust to that way of thinking?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2008, 02:45:09 PM »

Well, I actually also try to do things by consensus over at Maritime SDA OnLine. :)

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2008, 02:51:43 PM »

Well, I actually also try to do things by consensus over at Maritime SDA OnLine. :)

OK Daryl! OK. I just can't be everywhere at once!  ;D I'll get over there too, as soon as I get a few minutes to spare.  ;)

calvin

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2008, 07:41:42 PM »

I noticed that Calvin later admitted to adding the post himself after he saw the link.....
Although I have no doubt he did, I am having a difficult time finding where Calvin "admitted" to adding the post himself, could you provide that link?

Do you think the non-speculative thing to do would be to just ask him since you post there and can contact him via PM?
Here is the PM I sent Sister soon after I edited her post.

To: sister
Send Time: 09.02.2008 - 20:40
Read Time: 09.02.2008 - 21:26
Subject: I should not have edited your post

Sorry Sister for editing your post. I should have posted your story under my id. I felt is was important that since you started the story here that it was a disservice for our members to have to go elsewhere to continue following it. I see you have already made a few edit so I will leave it alone, however if you want to delete what I have posted that would be fine.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:48:01 PM by calvin »

Johann

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2008, 07:50:45 PM »

Just want to welcome you, Calvin, as a new member of AdventTalk. I appreciate your honesty. Even if I may disagree with you on certain issues, I have always sensed that you are an honest person.

Ozzie

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2008, 10:03:27 PM »

Here is the PM I sent Sister soon after I edited her post.

To: sister
Send Time: 09.02.2008 - 20:40
Read Time: 09.02.2008 - 21:26
Subject: I should not have edited your post

Sorry Sister for editing your post. I should have posted your story under my id. I felt is was important that since you started the story here that it was a disservice for our members to have to go elsewhere to continue following it. I see you have already made a few edit so I will leave it alone, however if you want to delete what I have posted that would be fine.

Good to see you over here Calvin. More and more 'family' turning up here. That's great.  :)
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Doodle

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2008, 03:09:53 AM »

Quote from: GrandmaNettie

Greetings once again, Adventtalk members!

I have been following this particular "incident" since I noticed chatter about it last night.

My question is, how is what Calvin decided to do on his site any less kosher than Daryl deciding to clean up members' misspellings on the Stan Jensen thread as well as delete posts he deemed off-topic?  Tis their prerogative as site owners, right?

Hello,

Speaking of which; I can't find last week's post by Inga to Gailon about the contempt of court and sanctions entered against him and the court documents posted on BSDA .

I was interested in that discussion.

Do you have a link to it? or was it deleted by a consensus, or due to dire circumstances?

from Doodle
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 03:22:24 AM by Doodle »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2008, 04:55:18 AM »

To my knowledge nothing like that has been deleted, therefore, it must still be here somewhere.

Did you try using the Search Feature to locate it?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up