Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: What they are saying  (Read 28552 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: What they are saying
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »

I am not sure why I would find case law to defend a position that has nothing to do with a legal question. I took the sound position that the blog in question was not written for, nor was it presented as an argument involving the Constitutional question of free speech. The blog in question here was written to deal with trademark infringement. Now where in the public documents do either side of the Goldman Sachs case enter the issue of free speech into the argument. The position of Sachs was trademark infringement, violation of intellectual property rights, and unfair competition.

It is also dishonest, as some here have done, to couch Morgan as the "victor" in this case. The dismissal was predicated on his agreeing to the prominent posting of a disclaimer of any connection to Goldman Sachs. This was part of the reason for the law suit in the first place. When people search they do so lazily. If you can tag your site in such a way that it gets spidered to the top of search results you have a chance to surplant the organization you are attacking. Single Google focuses on the content of web pages a search phrase appearing on the anti-Sach's page could theoretically end-up appearing before a legitimate Sachs page. Thus the justification for the claims of unfair competition.

The case was never about freedom of speech. The case you are artificially extending is also not about freedom of speech. According to the Constitution you have a right to speak your mind - no one disputes that. What the law says you don't have the right to do is to exercise this freedom by libel or slander. You have attempted to hide behind the cloak of "press" - which is a stretch at best. RJP is attempting, through this blog post, to now position the two of you as bloggers - which is inaccurate and dishonest. No one seeks to remove your free speech rights - go ahead voice your concern . . . however, the law, American society, and common sense say that when you step over the line from legitimate concern to libel and slander you are going to have to pay a consequence. I understand that you have a problem with suffering the consequences of your words and actions, but that's life in this country and you're going to have to live with it or leave.

I understand that you and RJP will ride this paycheck pony until it collapses (and it will) but you ultimately do a disservice to the Word of God and secondly the Constitution of this country by doing so. This was never about free speech or any other aspect of the First Amendment, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself of that lie.

It is, in fact, all about free speech as defined in the First Amendement to the US Constitution. It is also about freedom of press, also found in the first ammendment to the US  Constitution. It was argued, SUCCESSFULLY, I might ad, in 3ABN vs Joy and we had a load of First Circuit case law to support the defense. Not to mention that the sitting Judge had been a reporter in his youth and clearly understood the issue.

The fact that you, with your legal background, do not have a clear understanding of the issues is reprehensible.

I would also point out, to clarify the issue, that the allegations were that we had slandered and, since it is set in type as in written, libel. May I also point out that we proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the truth was the perfect and an absolute defense and is why the Plaintiffs ran for the hills to dismiss as we closed in on the bank statements nad the auditors records. For those who are blind to this reality, may I offer you the eyesalve that you so badly have needed and continue to need.

Your hero's were liars and scoundrels that were complicit in a cover-up and by an officers and Plaintiff's hand in the till. And DLS was indeed a biblical adulterer and you are left without a defense on this issue.

Now that is in writing, making it subject to a libel claim, if anyone or anyman has the stomach for a round two. As for me, I relish the thought and must point out that these people still purport to represent and have the three angels messages and will most certainly pay a price in the Lord's good time, despite your blinders.

With the growth of competition for televangelist dollars, a good dose of confession and reformation is in order at 3ABN, and since the sins were VERY PUBLIC, the confession and reformation must be VERY PUBLIC. In the alternative, we wish you and your ilk the very best in your new careers.

One thing is certain, a Leopard does not change its spots nor a tiger it's stripes and one can safely assume that we are far from the end of discovery at 3ABN. Mark my word. As soon as James Gilley is retired, yet again, unless there has been substantial changes manifest by confession and reformation, it is safe to assume that the opportunity to report will become a steady stream of new stories to print as we cover the leopard and the tiger yet again. And rest assured, Jim is getting tired and without a sound continuum, I believe it is safe to assume it will fall back into the hands of the hypocrits and become fertile ground for fresh reporting. We'll be there!!!

Always fun sparing with a deficient legal mind and I welcome your blind response.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:24:40 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »

anyman

I don't know if it is called clarifying to you or not but it is what I call "reasoning out for common knowledge" on how you get all the legal work done with not some really big payment to lawyers. Lets see, Divorces filed and settlement with 2 wives is a good start, all the motions filed is another hunk, and DS filing against as plaintiff is still another, court costs, and on and on.... I think it is correct to call all the court documents some main facts that you can go by. That for sure is truth. Then there are the divorces(of immediate family) on 3abn that probably took some funds too. unless proof that 3abn does not fund the family too.  Wow this is adding up here... But on the other hand seems he is capable of handling it or there would not be lawyers working and non of this would be available for view! Sort of obvious for the outsider.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:24:52 PM by tinka »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2010, 09:45:03 AM »

Hmmm,
DS shelling out $1,000,000 for attorneys?? How could he do that ??

This is <you> believing the unfounded claims of <others> as truth.

Based on 3ABN's IRS Form 990's, it isn't an unfounded claim. I'm sure you already know that. And I'm also sure you will refuse to publish here the true figure 3ABN and/or Danny has spent on the lawsuit thus far.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »

By mid-2008, a lawyer told me that we were doing an awesome job defending ourselves.

Then after Danny et. al. moved to dismiss, another lawyer told me congratulations, or something similar.

I was chatting with yet another lawyer about one of the questions I had to figure out, and he told me that I was going over his head.

I told that story to a fourth lawyer while asking him something too, and he said that he could grasp what I was talking about, but yes, it was a bit beyond him. That fourth lawyer told me that a lot of lawyers never make it into federal court.

At this point I might not want to hire a lawyer.

If 3ABN has shelled out $1+ million in legal fees, how much would one have to pay a lawyer to do all that we have done thus far? Big, big buckos.

Congratulations!  Good work, Bob!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2010, 08:24:43 PM »

Here, Here!!! I second that congratulations, Bob...you have come a LONG ways since the day you were served by DLS and 3ABN in May, 2007. I told you they would sue us...what other choice did poor Danny have???

I hope he does it again: "I beg of you, Danny, come out and finish the battle!!!"

And I will restate a constant theme: I would serve with you in a trench surrounded by a host of 3ABNers any day...and win, lose or die, it would have been worth every moment whatever the price. The best part would be jumping out of that trench and charging right into the middle of their lines...and watch 'em run again!!!! Wimps, I tell you!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Mary Sue Smith

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2010, 08:41:33 PM »

Whatever the price you say? Are you sure? What about the price of your own soul?

Are you really sure it is worth it?  What a loss it would be for the Lord Jesus Christ if you were not there when He comes to take His children home.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2010, 09:04:01 PM »

Whatever the price you say? Are you sure? What about the price of your own soul?

Are you really sure it is worth it?  What a loss it would be for the Lord Jesus Christ if you were not there when He comes to take His children home.

You would be well served to make this case to Danny Lee Shelton, Founder of 3ABN...and be sure he has made it right with Linda and Brandy, lest their souls be at stake as well, from the sheer Hypocricy. You really need to wake up and Plea for the Soul of Danny Lee Shelton!!! Go look deep into his eyes and ask him for the truth...and come away as disappointed as our Saviour so often did, particularly after challenging the rich young ruler...if it were possible, we would all buy for DLS the eyesalve, but alas, he must search for it and find it for himself.

As for me and mine, we will stand for truth and justice and that comes from the Halls of Supreme Justice, the other side of Orion. And we will survive the atacks of hypocrits and are assured of Victory. And there is no doubt that Robert Pickle shares that love for truth and justice.

Gailon Arthur Joy

AUReporter

Mary Sue Smith

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »

Mr. Joy, you could not be more wrong and blinded by it too. I'm sorry to have to say it.

I must leave now but I wanted to appeal to you one last time: it is not too late to make this right with your own heart. The Lord God is appealing to you tonight before it is too late.

Good night.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »

Mr. Joy, you could not be more wrong and blinded by it too. I'm sorry to have to say it.

I must leave now but I wanted to appeal to you one last time: it is not too late to make this right with your own heart. The Lord God is appealing to you tonight before it is too late.

Good night.

Now, I have no choice but to challenge you to prove it...you are dead wrong and I have the evidence, I have spoken to eye witnesses, and have a vast array of documents...so, you can go and run and hide, but I challenge YOU to prove your case!!!

I await your Documented Evidence!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

***EDITED TO REMOVE INAPPROPRIATE AND INACCURATE TEXT PER THE POSTERS REQUEST***
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 09:09:32 PM by sonshineonme »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up