Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obama as Americas President, is it all over but the counting.....  (Read 68917 times)

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Obama as Americas President, is it all over but the counting.....
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2010, 07:21:55 PM »

Racism is very real, very active, and very current. There are the white supremacists who advocate for all jewish, hispanic, and asians to be gone; There are groups like the black jews who advocate for all jewish, hispanic, and white groups to be gone... in Mexico and Guatemala black people are verboten, in various countries in Africa anyone not black is in constant danger of being killed, in Myanmar almost anyone is fair game, in the black parts of many major American cities anyone not black is as likely to be killed as those who are not hispanic in their parts. Violent racism is very real. No race or ethinic group is exempt. White, black, hispanic, and asian are all equally racist and not one has the right to claim any moral superiority over the other in that area. None.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2010, 03:52:53 AM »

That has been very well acknowledged, stated in less words but the point I was making that Di fails to understand is that as long as that is in ones heart and as long as racism remains with individuals....they can forget heaven!!!  That has been in every post stated one way or the other but she just dones not read that part.  She don't want to hear what is truth even in the DS saga she is always confused what some posters over and over answer questions that already been displayed over and over.  America has tried as a whole in legislature and law, but it still takes the individual one, by one.  So why be so dense about it.  She fails over and over to understand that point and keeps it raw and vivid in her own head to anyone making a claim that as long as you harbor racism heaven is out.  A true Christian, a true Adventist will not harbor,or dwell,  forgive, and maybe not forget but shut up instead of instilling in their children to carry it on, spreading the "hate" through their justification of repeating over and over past history. There is hardly a word from Di that is not a justification of ones own desires . It is just like teaching sex to a 5-6 year old.  You've already trained "em". and look where sex is at now.... It's a long way worse then then 40-50's. Displayed in everything you look at. tv. signs, clothes, food, toys. etc.etc. Racism is from the devil and look how he has used it. Di very well keeps it alive in her own mind and simply saying, is that she called my friends turn coats because they on individual basis are smart enough to realize the situation and are more christian then her to rise above the devils snare. again racism is not going to enter the gates. she claims I'm a racist through her accusations and just a lily white. So what sort of Christian is this???

As long as one does this they are wasting their time being a leader in SS.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:25:23 AM by tinka »

mrst53

« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2010, 01:46:26 PM »

Princessdi,I am sorry that you would be afraid of me, because I am white. Should I be afraid of you, because you are black?  My husband hates blacks as a group, because 15 of them beat him up in Viet Nam, because he was WHITE. Before that he wasn't, because he grew up in the ghetto area of DC and was the only white child in the neighborhood. My friends growing up were black, because the white kids wouldn't play with me, because I lived on a farm- I wasn't good enough for them. I didn't even know what racism was until high school. When I went back to my 30th reunion, the person thAT welcomed me the most, was one of my black friends that I had grown up with. AND by the way, I NEVER THOUGHT OF THEM AS BLACK OR WHITE FRIENDS, they were JUST FRIENDS!

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2010, 02:00:27 PM »

Mrst53,

That is exactly how it was with me, I never knew racism while growing up and was always taught that Jesus loved all and never had parents that taught me other then that.  and my friends are the same as you have. Now isn't that amazing to what has been spoken? That is all I was trying to explain in a nut shell. You made it simple.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 02:08:36 PM by tinka »

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2010, 02:33:17 PM »

Ok, Mrst53, what part of my post said I would be afraid of you.  I am not afraid of anyone and I fear only God.  Lord forgive me for saying this, but I hope it is taken int he way it is meant.  I have friends, true friends from over the years of every race, creed and color.  I could not possily be afraid of white people, as I was raised in the surburbs  where our family was the first black family in our uppper middle class housing development(John Madden, coach of the Oakland Raiders, lived in the same development at the time).  Violence because of race is unacceptable to me, no matter who is the offender.  However, blacks cannot be rascist in most cases as white can in most cases, because to be racist, you have to be in a position to oppress or discriminate against that person because of his race.  ialso thought of all of my friends the same way.  Prejudice and discrimination is wrong no matter the situation.

Tinka, racism doesn't continue to live, or jeopardized my soul's salvation because I acknowledge it happens.  I don't keep it in my heart, but I acknowledge it so I know what I need to do to live the life God intends for me, inspite of the enemy's attempt to destroy me through racism of others.  We teach our children, so that they can see how our forefathers over came in spite of overwhleming opposition, and to instill in them the strong lineage from which they come.  Nothing can hold them back, unless they allow it.  We acknowledge to good and bad in our history to inspire our children.  Lying to them as if slavery and racism did and does not exist, is just that, lying to them.  It is unfair to send them out in a world unprepared.  The enemy has used racism, but the problem is not that the victims, know they are victims, but that they are victimized at all. It is the victimzers who put their soul salvation in jeopardy.  The victim only loses their soul, if they allow the anger and hate to consume and ruin their lives.  Not for simply acknowledging that the wrong took place.  

Yes, I did call your friends turncoats, and tell them that I added cowards today. And yes you are most definitely as racist as they come.  The presence of a few misguided black folks in your life, does not negate that fact.  What kind of Christian the the acknowledgements of those truths make me?........an honest one.  

Now, forgive me for posting again to this madness.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

mrst53

« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »

I think we have gotten way off track of the posted subject- but maybe the Lord wanted us to clear the air on this subject :scratch:

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2010, 05:05:29 PM »

MrsT, I think your husband's story summarizes it very well. He was victimized by a group of racist people who attacked and beat him because of the colour of his skin. As a result of this trauma he grew to resent that group and lump all black people together as racists who would beat him. And from one pebble drop like that, the circles can grow to where an isolated event, or even a group of events can become something much larger than it actually is, and the fear and hatred that results can reach out to encompass the innocent just because of the colour of their skin, and nothing more.

As I walked through Time's Square one day, I stopped to listen to a group of men who appeared to be preaching from a stage. They were dressed in robes and had various charts. I came close to see the charts and one of them started shouting at me and telling me that all white people like me would be driven out of the USA or killed and this would become the land of the Black Jews. I was rather shocked. And on further investigation found that they are a very large group of radical racists who not only want to kill all white people, but also black "traitors" who don't think like them. Their headquarters was in Harlem right by Rev Sharpton's offices. I couldn't help but think what black people must feel like when they hear that kind of rhetoric from the various radical white racist groups. I didn't walk away from that experience feeling that by virtue of those weirdos, all black people were like them, but I know that some people do. Just as some black people feel that all white people  are racist against black people because of the few who actually are.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2010, 01:56:04 PM »

I guess I would be a traitor.  LOL!!  What kind of stuff is that?!  It is at times quite embarassing. 

In the immortal words of Rodney King......."Why can't we just all get along".  LOL!!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »

Lol. I think most of us prefer to get along and just enjoy life, but there are always a few flies in the ointment who can't stand people who get along with each other.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up