Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: AWESOME ROCK  (Read 27374 times)

Lil Star

Re: AWESOME ROCK
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »

Hmmmmm, I know who and what she is saying. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. :dunno:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

reddogs

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 02:03:29 PM »

Hmmmmm, I know who and what she is saying. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. :dunno:

Well this is a big issue on some forums and mods are constantly chasing down 'sock puppets' and doing IP checks trying to see if one user is registering multiple times and changing their style to hide it...

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 02:40:47 PM »

OK, how would you like it if someone signed up as Lil Star at the other Adventist forums and 'pretended' they were you........are you starting to see the problem......

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. LET IT GO. YOU ARE ACCUSING PEOPLE.
ADMIN HAT OFF.[/color]

Who are you warning as no one is being accused of anything. This is a issue on some of the forums where users come in with what we call a 'sock puppet' (secondary log in) that has a similar user name as someone else and try to create issues or run havoc before the mods catch on. Its a well known issue....

How many mountains can be made out of one little ant hill.  This started out I think with a post of a beautiful painting, nothing more, nothing less. Now we are at sock puppets that are trying to create issues and run havoc. Who started the issue and who is trying to create the havoc??  Who is pretending to be you? What problem is it causing?

Yes it matters as I said in another post I couldn't get in with my normal name so signed up as 'hobie' at C/A, I used that as my secondary name if someone already has my primary taken. So over the years I am signed up in many sites and forums as 'hobie', thus my concern.......

In reference to this later statement, when you first mentioned your problem you said nothing about signing up anywhere as Hobey. Now you make it sound as if someone took that from here and is pretending to be you.

Maybe you have used that elsewhere, so what? Do you have exclusive rights to  that name? I belong to many work related forums and many times I have to adjust the spelling of my name as it is taken by another. It is my given name, I still don't own exclusive rights.

As to what you asked Lil Star if someone signed up under that. They cannot if she is already there and registered. Otherwise whoever chooses that has a perfect right to use it.

So again, who is pretending to be you? Who and think carefully is creating issues and havoc over a simple post and picture that has nothing to do with you.

Now you shift gears a bit and want to make it general "as it is a well known issue on forums"
There is one forum that has this frequently . I don't think you see the same type of controversy here, or at least has not been.

For me, I would as soon see this topic closed.Or at least somebody put a sock in this mountain building
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Lil Star

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 03:02:51 PM »

OK, how would you like it if someone signed up as Lil Star at the other Adventist forums and 'pretended' they were you........are you starting to see the problem......

I forget, I have run into this problem... and all I had to do was to add a couple of numbers to the end of my name. I added a zip code one time and the year of my birth another time. It can be done. It didn't bother me at all. Just figured I had a name that people liked. Figured, great minds think a like. Guess you don't think that way.  :dunno: :horse:

:rabbit: :rabbit:

RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

hobie

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »

I would be in favor of a moderator closing this topic. Such a huge,huge problem for  posting of a picture is not worth it. If such can be seen as pretending it makes more sense to move on

hobie

Lil Star

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »

Hobie, I would tend to agree with you. A rock was posted here and then the thread got hijacked by someone wanting his 'other' name not to be used. I guess s/he should have used this other name to begin with. Makes no sense to me why someone would be sooo bothered by another person using your name. I am sorry this has caused such a commotion with your name hobie.

The picture was wonderful! I received one like it in my email the other day. IF I had known how to post it here I would have. Then maybe it would have been no problem for reddogs...(I keep wanting to put redwood for some reason, when that happens it is usually because that is the way it is supposed to be)

He would not have jumped all over your case. For that I am sorry. Please do not think that everyone on this forum is like that. I have found no one to be that way to anyone until now.

Please admin, think we could close this thread as hobie has asked???
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

reddogs

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 06:33:34 PM »

Such a simple question, and people make a mountain out of molehill.........

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 06:36:03 PM »

It may be possible that you have forgotten what you posted, however your mountain stands.
Maybe someone needs to pm hobie and let him/her know that the topic starter can close a thread. That way the problem of the "simple question" can be brought to an end.

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

reddogs

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 06:48:31 PM »

It may be possible that you have forgotten what you posted, however your mountain stands.
Maybe someone needs to pm hobie and let him/her know that the topic starter can close a thread. That way the problem of the "simple question" can be brought to an end.

Bonnie, I dont think you got it, a simple question on a issue that some have not come across before....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 06:55:40 PM by reddogs »

Lil Star

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 06:55:48 PM »

I will do just that. I will ask that hobie lock the thread. I will let him know that he can do it himself. I forgot you could do that here. I forgot that Daryl thinks/knows most of us are adults.

Thanks for the reminder Bonnie
 :rabbit: :rabbit: :rabbit:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

hobie

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2008, 07:02:22 PM »

Bonnie, I dont think you got it, a simple question on a issue that some have not come across before....

I understand now that I can close this myself. My issue was  I thought this to be a beautiful tribute to our troops. One of which is a very close family member,having served two tours of duty in Iraq during the worst of the fighting. What was about them has become a rather tasteless discourse concerning the concerns of one man about himself.
Maybe it is possible for someone else to post this in recognition of a fabulously talented artist and his recognition of the sacrifice of many wonderful men and women.

hobie
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up