Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Christians gossip and pass on hear-say?  (Read 138739 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Should Christians gossip and pass on hear-say?
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2008, 11:54:38 AM »

So what can be done? At present the lawsuit will drag on for at least another year, not counting appeals, unless the other side starts to give. And the IRS's plans, that's a wild card.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2008, 12:02:29 PM »

I am not quite sure where you got the blasphemy part from as here is my original post...

Right here, seems advent talk has quite a laundry list and blasphemy is one you included. And at the time it was posted, there was only a strong desire to see any and all statements regarding 3ABn come to an end.
The opening sentnece pretty well defines those you are referring to. Hopefully for one that has taken such a strong stand against accusations and now appears to have concern as to how this could impact the denomination,accusations such as this will be at a minimum...Anger, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.....many here have been clearly affected and are in the grasp of evil and need to turn to God and pray to be released from its grip

What you dont seem to realize is that none of this brings glory to God, the way everyone has acted is like what you see in a daytime soap opera. Evil has toppled what once was a Christian show, it is obvious that pride and arrogance has crept in and destroyed what once spread Gods truth and snuffed out what was a shinning light. Anger, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness, has now replaced what is being spread, with much suffering all around, many here have been clearly affected and are in the grasp of evil and need to turn to God and pray to be released from its grip. For He is a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and mercy, ready to listen to your prayer to cleanse and keep you from this evil, I can say this from experience.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 12:24:21 PM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

reddogs

« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2008, 12:25:23 PM »

I am not quite sure where you got the blasphemy part from as here is my original post...

Right here, seems advent talk has quite a laundry list and blasphemy is one you included. And at the time it was posted, there was only a strong desire to see any and all statements regarding 3ABn come to an end.
The opening sentnece pretty well defines those you are referring to. Hopefully for one that has taken such a strong stand against accusations and now appears to have concern as to how this could impact the denomination,accusations such as this will be at a minimum...Anger, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness

What you dont seem to realize is that none of this brings glory to God, the way everyone has acted is like what you see in a daytime soap opera. Evil has toppled what once was a Christian show, it is obvious that pride and arrogance has crept in and destroyed what once spread Gods truth and snuffed out what was a shinning light. Anger, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness, has now replaced what is being spread, with much suffering all around, many here have been clearly affected and are in the grasp of evil and need to turn to God and pray to be released from its grip. For He is a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and mercy, ready to listen to your prayer to cleanse and keep you from this evil, I can say this from experience.

I dont remember what was being said at that point but it comes from Mark 7, and I think my point was on the terrible things being spread, some just plainly unsubstantuated personal attacks, and not to allow its evil to be taken in to affect you and do you harm or the results of it coming out, as I have seen the results in many sites...

18And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

23All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

The 3ABN issue is not just on this website, I mod on other forums and this is brought into there with many of the same lack of facts or emotions, or measured details depending on who is posting.......
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 01:01:05 PM by reddogs »

reddogs

« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2008, 12:33:48 PM »

So what can be done? At present the lawsuit will drag on for at least another year, not counting appeals, unless the other side starts to give. And the IRS's plans, that's a wild card.

If I was working the issue, I would ask that all the principals step aside until the issue was resolved....

scratsmom

« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »

If I was working the issue, I would ask that all the principals step aside until the issue was resolved....

And after that, when they finished accusing you of all kinds of infractions and refused to talk to you anymore, and after they filed suit against you, then what?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2008, 01:34:30 PM »

Actually, after the infamous tribute to Tommy on 12/31/06, a retired church official wrote Walt Thompson and said he was outraged. He explicitly stated that that is what should have happened until there had been a thorough investigation.

Your suggestion is reasonable and customary, but the powers that be at 3ABN don't operate that way.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2008, 01:39:02 PM »

I dont remember what was being said at that point but it comes from Mark 7, and I think my point was on the terrible things being spread, some just plainly unsubstantuated personal attacks, and not to allow its evil to be taken in to affect you and do you harm or the results of it coming out, as I have seen the results in many sites...

Reddogs, like several before you, the unsubstantiated accusations that you make are piling up...

People here have spent their time and energy explaining repeatedly about facts and processes.  Please don't linger with the others on the "dark side".  
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2008, 01:45:51 PM »

The 3ABN issue is not just on this website, I mod on other forums and this is brought into there with many of the same lack of facts   or emotions, or measured details depending on who is posting.......

So, reddogs, after all the evidence presented, you still accuse us here on Advent Talk of "lack of facts".

This makes me sad.

And I already knew you were a mod on Daryl's other forum.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2008, 01:52:33 PM »

The 3ABN issue is not just on this website, I mod on other forums and this is brought into there with many of the same lack of facts   or emotions, or measured details depending on who is posting.......

So, reddogs, after all the evidence presented, you still accuse us here on Advent Talk of "lack of facts".

This makes me sad.

I was sure I read somewhere in this discussion that reddogs was unfamiliar with any facts.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

reddogs

« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2008, 01:59:17 PM »

This makes me sad.

I was sure I read somewhere in this discussion that reddogs was unfamiliar with any facts.

I dont think that taking shots like that at a brother is called for....

reddogs

« Reply #205 on: May 06, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »

This makes me sad.

I am a mod on other forums not just Daryl's so I am not following any party line or side, and even on those sites the 3ABN issue is mostly a mix of hearsay and some facts but in bits and pieces and as you can see here, Bob is the only one who has brought up the facts in a calm and detailed manner...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 02:10:38 PM by reddogs »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2008, 02:02:48 PM »

Just a notice to let everybody know here that we do have the "Report to Moderator" feature here in which reported posts will be worked by the leadership/moderation team of Advent Talk.

reddogs

« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2008, 02:06:41 PM »

Just a notice to let everybody know here that we do have the "Report to Moderator" feature here in which reported posts will be worked by the leadership/moderation team of Advent Talk.

Daryl,

You know how I hate to hit that button, somehow I cant believe it needs to come to that anytime in a discussion of the issues amoung Christians especially Adventist brothers and sisters..... ???

Red
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 02:18:58 PM by reddogs »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2008, 03:13:13 PM »

I leave it up to each person to decide whether or not to use the "Report to Moderator" feature.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »

I dont think that taking shots like that at a brother is called for....
[/quote]

This gets more strange right along. I didn't take any shot at you. Repeating what I believe you have already stated is not taking a shot.

If I were to say the following, that may just be considered a shot. It does appear there were several shots here at many "brothers and sisters'.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up