Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Down

Author Topic: Answers to Posts from the Other Yahoo Site  (Read 181435 times)

Johann

Re: Answers to Posts from the Other Yahoo Site
« Reply #360 on: July 28, 2010, 10:31:52 AM »

Still waiting, Sam. Where did I insinuate that I was a child? Is this another wild accusation from your side that can't be backed up?
Still won't respond, huh? I'm not surprised.

I know your post was designed to make me mad. Sorry, that doesn't work anymore. Tell the Sheltons they'll have to find a new tactic.

Your failure to respond has exposed you as someone who is less than credible. Any legitimate criticisms could have easily been backed up. I guess you don't have any evidence of ANYTHING you say. Otherwise, you'd present it.

Some of the multiple personality respondents have clearly fallen silent. But, as we have seen, there are clearly rotating shifts and someone will be back someday!!!

But then, there is always Grandma Nettie. She should be good for a response. Come on, Grandma, I have my red cape out!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

:-\

Pat Williams

« Reply #361 on: July 28, 2010, 12:05:04 PM »

Thanks for bumping this thread Johann...

This subject needs to be dropped.

You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Walt Thompson, quite frankly, doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. If he wants the facts, why doesn't he call me or some of the other victims, as he should have done to begin with?

Say what you want....I can't quite get my mind around a 20 year old man being a victim.

Well, SAM,
How about a 20 year old man being required to "help" his pastor who also was the boss at 3ABN...seems it crosses the line, doesn't SAM?

Better get on it before you miss the most obvious sexual misconduct story of your career!!! Me thinks it may have qualified as "sexual harrassment", what do you think SAM??? You are the expert!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Just so set the record straight Joy. Duane Clem has zero claims to file against Tommy Shelton, or 3ABN, and I am not talking about the expired statute of limitations. Clem was of age, and he consented and even travelled on his own to meet a man who was not his Pastor, nor a Pastor at all,  nor was he Clem's boss at 3ABN, when Clem alleges he was abused by him.

Here's some dates, and Clem's statement to verify that.

While Tommy is his Pastor, his Principal, and his Counsellor - NOTHING HAPPENED:

Clem:
   "Tommy Shelton was my pastor for many years at the Ezra Church of God in West Frankfort, IL. I began attending with my mother, sister and two brothers around 1974 or so, and my father became a Christian and began coming with us shortly after I graduated from high school in 1984. Tommy and I were never really close until I began attending the Christian school our church operated. Over the next few years, we would spend a lot of time talking, as I was dealing with depression issues and he was counseling me.When the General Assembly of the Church of God in Illinois decided to suspend Tommy's ministerial credentials in 1985, I was one of several who wrote a letter in his defense. I was also questioned by a detective at the West Frankfort Police Department. I had been on a few overnight trips with him, and gave testimony that nothing had happened that would substantiate the allegations being made against him. At the time, this was true."

Tommy Shelton letter Feb 2007:
The facts are, the first allegation was made in September of 1985 and my credentials were suspended on October 25, 1985 without anyone contacting me (IGA did not follow Matt. 18) The next correspondence I have with the committee in my records is dated January 29, 1987 – over a year later.
On a tape previously mentioned taped at Ezra Church of God in 2001, Pastor Dryden states that

I erred in not resigning when accusations were first made. He says my sin was the sin of division because of not resigning.

I did resign immediately upon hearing of accusations. I resigned the church and a pastor from the First Church of God who had just resigned that church, came to be the interim pastor...For at least the next 9 months I did not preach and I ceased activities in the Church of God as instructed. I worked at 3ABN during that time, in construction, as it was just being built at the time.

Confirmed:
..a letter dated Nov. 1, 1985 from one of the pillars of the church [Ezra COG]to the General Assembly of the Church of God in Illinois .........”.I might bring to your attention, now, that Brother Tommy resigned as Pastor from the Ezra Church of God , Sept. 15, 1985"

Clem:
Sometime in late 1985 or early 1986, Tommy came to me..and asked for my help....Over the next few months, Tommy and I would meet at his house, the church, the original 3ABN building, and even one night on a back country road, anywhere he thought no one would see us. There was a lot of inappropriate touching, but nothing further. He wanted much more out of it, but I couldn't let it happen because in my heart I knew it wasn't right. I was wrestling with thoughts like "What if someone finds out?...On one occasion, I had been hired by a television and appliance rent-to-own company as an assistant manager, and was to travel to the main office about an hour away for two days of training. The company said they would get me a motel room so I wouldn't have to drive back and forth. ...Finally, he said he realized that I was uncomfortable and decided we shouldn't be doing this. It was like a thousand pound weight was gone.

No, I am not defending what did happen. It was wrong. There's just no reason to believe or promote lies.

edited to add where each was working at the time.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:27:05 PM by Pat Williams »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #362 on: July 28, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »

Don't speak on my behalf. Some of the abuse did happen when Tommy was my pastor. You don't know what you're talking about...again.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #363 on: July 28, 2010, 12:26:35 PM »

I would like to see the full letter from Tommy Shelton if that is possible, not just portions of it. Would someone either post it or supply me with it?
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Pat Williams

« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2010, 12:30:07 PM »

I would like to see the full letter from Tommy Shelton if that is possible, not just portions of it. Would someone either post it or supply me with it?

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11955&view=findpost&p=179087

edit to correct url

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2010, 12:34:03 PM »

You need to read my full statement as well. You'll see that "Pat Williams" is incorrect.
Duane Clem

Pat Williams

« Reply #366 on: July 28, 2010, 12:46:31 PM »

Don't speak on my behalf. Some of the abuse did happen when Tommy was my pastor. You don't know what you're talking about...again.

When? All I did was quote you and him, You said nothing happened before late 1985, early 1986.  He resigned as Pastor Sept 15, 1985.

You need to read my full statement as well. You'll see that "Pat Williams" is incorrect.

I've read it. I was quoting it. http://www.save-3abn.com/tommy-shelton-victim-duane-clem-statement.htm  What part do I have incorrect? Don't make people guess.  Just explain what you are saying, Duane.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #367 on: July 28, 2010, 12:52:21 PM »

I'm not explaining anything to you. You're lying and you know it. That's the bottom line.

Anyone who attended Ezra during the aforementioned time period can confirm that you are wrong.
Duane Clem

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #368 on: July 28, 2010, 01:07:10 PM »

Tommy states in his letter:

This statement could mean no other than Bro. and Sis. Wood who headed up the Ministerial Council of the Church of God, Inc., at the time. These two statements imply either irresponsibility, or cover-up on the part of the Woods. Let me set the record straight. Bro. and Sis. Wood was neither irresponsible nor were they part of a cover-up. They acted in good faith both in my ordination with the Ministerial Council of the Church of God and in the call to be pastor of the Community Church of God.

They called me in the middle 80’s after hearing of allegations to offer prayer and support and yes, years later called me to come to Dunn Loring knowing of the allegations. They based their decision on information they had. For example they knew of a police investigation that yielded no evidence and resulted in no charges. They were aware that my chairman of the board was a well respected State Patrolman and would have known the details of the investigation, and supported me fully. They also knew people that they respected who were supporting me like Ben Jordan who was part of the congregation at the time and actually went to the police to testify in my behalf. Things like the above caused them to be confident in calling me to come to Dunn Loring. NO FAULT can be laid at the feet of Bro. and Sis. Wood.

Really? No fault can be laid at their feet. Unbelievable.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #369 on: July 28, 2010, 01:36:50 PM »

So Pat, because you think Gailon is wrong on a point, you have to smear and attack one of Tommy Shelton's victims? How can you reconcile such an attack with the standards of Christian conduct you yourself have referred to?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #370 on: July 28, 2010, 01:42:11 PM »

This really makes me sick..... :-\
Billy Graham

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #371 on: July 28, 2010, 02:14:28 PM »

OK, so here is what I was thinking.............Pat said that Duane had no claims against TS because, you all fee he was a consenting adult, the second he turned at, right?  But I think he still would have a claim, not for pedophilia, but for sexual harrassment/abuse, because TS abused his postion of authority.  Even if nothing happened, "physically"(which Duane said it did,a nd I believe him....he is the victim), but they is didn't, I am pretty positive that the emotional and psychological abuse started when Duane was a minor.   

Also, adults can and do claim sexual harrassment/abuse.  Statute of limitations notwithstanding, I think Duane would have a pretty good chance going that route.....but I am not a lawyer.  Someboey with some legal knowledge..........not those whot hink they have the knowledge....somebody with the actual knowledge.....help me out here........
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Pat Williams

« Reply #372 on: July 28, 2010, 02:31:40 PM »

So Pat, because you think Gailon is wrong on a point, you have to smear and attack one of Tommy Shelton's victims? How can you reconcile such an attack with the standards of Christian conduct you yourself have referred to?

Call it what you will. I know and God knows that setting the record straight and correcting lies is NOT "smearing and attacking a victim". I just provided quotes from what you yourself put on line, Robert Pickle from both DC himself and TS.

But as far as the casualties of war go in this war you and Joy have waged? They have been many,I would like to draw attention to the following from TS's letter, and to the last paragraph specifically and leave you with that thought.

To the many I have loved through the years. I am sending you this letter in response to an open letter that was sent to many, if not all, of you from Pastor Glenn Dryden. This letter is not meant as revenge, but so that you might be informed of the other side of the story.

From my first hearing of allegations against me at the Community Church of God I determined to say as little as possible in order to keep as much harmony among the congregation as possible. In the very beginning, I determined not to even express my guilt or innocence fearing people may tend to choose sides and be divided. I wanted to go through proper channels and wait to see how it would all be handled. I should mention that I was not contacted by the church to let me know that allegations had been made against me. In fact, for those who don't know, I first found out about allegations from someone who had seen it posted on the internet with Glenn Dryden's name signed to it. Upon checking into it, I found that the allegations against me had been put on the internet for the world to see at least two weeks before the church body was even informed. Not only were allegations from the Community Church of God posted, but postings of letters, accusations and copies of personal documents going back more than 20 years - all signed by Pastor Glenn Dryden.

Realizing that this issue had become public over the internet and then taken before the church, without my knowing it, I decided to write to the board expressing my position. A number of other lay people and pastors also began writing to the board expressing their disagreement, if not outrage, that a pastor would handle this situation in such an unbiblical way. To my knowledge these letters, mine or others, have not been read to the congregation or even at the meeting of the church staff.

Since no one has contacted me to advise, inform or let us know what the purpose is of the meetings which are being held, and since there have been more postings on the internet, as recent as January 16, and since Pastor Glenn Dryden has written an open letter to the congregation (and sent it to some outside the church as well) I find it necessary to write an open letter myself. I would in no way have been the first to write an open letter, but his actions have now compelled me to give another side.

My letter will basically be an answer to his "rationale" for handling this situation as he has. It is lengthy but I beg a few minutes of your time to hear the other side of the story.

I will begin with the opening paragraph of his cover sheet where he admits to “cooperating with certain Seventh Day Adventist "ecclesiastical investigators" who were looking into Tommy Shelton's conduct while he pastored in Illinois as well as presently in his employment at the 3ABN Seventh Day Adventist television ministry in Illinois.”

These men are not "ecclesiastical investigators" for the Seventh Day Adventist. They hold no official position, and have no authority in the Seventh Day Adventist Church to investigate anything or anybody. By next week I will have in hand an official statement from the Illinois Conference President of SDA, stating that these men do not work for the Seventh-Day-Adventist church and were not authorized to investigate anyone. Gailon Joy, one of the “self appointed investigators” was convicted of embezzlement in the 80’s. Although one may get the impression after talking with him that he is a lawyer, he is not. His conviction was appealed 3 times but the conviction remained. We have evidence of his unscrupulous dealings in recent months and years and you will also hear in the near future that he is being held accountable for his slander in a court of law.

The web site that your pastor was cooperating with is a garbage dump whose purpose is to destroy my brother and Three Angels broadcasting Network. This is how I got into the mix. In endeavoring to bring down my brother, his ex-wife gathered a group together to bring down all Board Members and Executives of the network.

The mentality of many of those who actively post on the web sites that Pastor Dryden gave information to can be seen in a few excerpts taken from the sites.

(highlights are mine)

“Unless Danny can prove otherwise that he did not kill his first wife we should probably believe that Fran and Johann are correct that Danny is a murderer. They have also said that he is a child molester, adulterer, liar, thief, conman, burglar, vandal, and almost every other crime in the book. Almost like Hitler, except Hitler did it a lot more times. If Danny has not done all this then obviously blacksda and the people who have provided this information can later apologize. (same posting) The fact that they actually witnessed these things, including murder attempts, with physicality adds another dimension for those who are weaker who require both faith and sight. But those who are pure can go based on faith that Danny did these things alone based on the word of testimony and without the need for worldly evidence.

Danny’s first wife was killed in a car accident. She was hit head on by an oncoming car. Any suggestion of ANYTHING else is a black lie. Notice the mentality – If Danny has not done all of this …….can later apologize. In other words, put it out there, do the damage and apologize later if it is not true. Notice the scary statement – but those who are “pure” can go based on “faith” that Danny did these things. This is typical of the numerous postings on the sight. Many things we have viewed on the site do not even have an element of truth.

For example, Gailon Joy posted an article that stated that 3ABN gave me a check for $10,000 to get me out of a child molestation case while I lived in Manassas, VA. No check was produced (because it doesn’t exist) and I challenge anyone to check every county in Virginia and see if such a case ever existed.

These are the kinds of people that Pastor Dryden has been comfortable "cooperating with." Following is an excerpt from one of his conversations posted on the internet. I quote:

(highlights are mine)

“ I am sure we share similar emotions regarding this matter. Perhaps an argument may be made for the criticism you have received regarding the e-mail postings, but I should tell you that they have served to make me comfortable communicating with both you and Mr. Joy and if they serve to put pressure on Danny and Tommy, you may carry the criticism as a badge of commendation.”

How sad that he would welcome pressure be put on my brother. He knows absolutely nothing about my brother's situation except what he has been told by the “self appointed investigators" The truth is, no statement against my brother, or 3ABN, has been made by the General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church or by any of it’s top leadership. To the contrary, ASI, one of the most prestigious organizations in the Adventist denomination just came out with a statement in support of Danny and 3ABN - and in the same statement revealed much about Gailon Joy.

In paragraph five of his cover letter, Pastor Dryden next points you to two web sites to read a number of letters from those who came forward against me.

He fails to mention that he is the one who supplied the names of these people to "the self appointed investigators" who called these people asking for statements to be published on the internet. We can only guess as to what kind of pressure these people were put under (I've been told - I can't confirm) that one was told by the " self appointed investigators" that he had better say something quickly because I intended a lawsuit and was planning to drag him into it, which of course, is not true.

Pressure would certainly seem to explain a lot concerning one person [Duane Clem]who came forward against me, because just days prior to his posting about me, he wrote (copied from the internet)

“Your "informant", Glenn Dryden, is not a credible source of information. ... accusations .... the same reason as the ones he is leveling against Tommy Shelton: JEALOUSY. Glenn Dryden is a spiteful, vindictive backstabber when someone crosses him. He has done this with numerous people over the past several years .... I had to threaten him with legal action myself to get him to shut his mouth.”

Sad to say, some of the people whose names Pastor Dryden released to the internet group, are now going through character assassination themselves because of their statements, by people who knew them "way back when" and have reason to doubt their testimony. His actions of hurt are far more reaching than just "bringing me down."

Pat Williams

« Reply #373 on: July 28, 2010, 02:38:56 PM »

No princessdi I am saying Gailon is full of air. There is no legal case not only because Clem was a consenting adult, but there is no "sexual harrassment/abuse case because TS NEVER abused his postion of authority." When it occured TS wasn't Clem's Pastor, wasn't his boss, he had no position of authority over him at all. Did you even read the post you are replying to?

You can say "I am pretty positive that the emotional and psychological abuse started when Duane was a minor." from now until judgment day but it doesn't make it so. Even Clem doesn't say that. Read what I quoted from Clem again. Unless you are calling him a liar, or he suddenly wishes to change his story, you have no call to say that, much less be pretty sure of it.

It's hard giving up preconceived notions, and beliefs, but when they are false. IT is necessary.

All I was trying to say is there is no legal case, criminal nor civil when it comes to Duane Clem.

No it wasn't right, but that's a moral call.

NO, I am not defending a child abuser, nor attacking victims of child molestion here. ok?

OK, so here is what I was thinking.............Pat said that Duane had no claims against TS because, you all fee he was a consenting adult, the second he turned at, right?  But I think he still would have a claim, not for pedophilia, but for sexual harrassment/abuse, because TS abused his postion of authority.  Even if nothing happened, "physically"(which Duane said it did,a nd I believe him....he is the victim), but they is didn't, I am pretty positive that the emotional and psychological abuse started when Duane was a minor.  

Also, adults can and do claim sexual harrassment/abuse.  Statute of limitations notwithstanding, I think Duane would have a pretty good chance going that route.....but I am not a lawyer.  Someboey with some legal knowledge..........not those whot hink they have the knowledge....somebody with the actual knowledge.....help me out here........

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:44:43 PM by Pat Williams »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #374 on: July 28, 2010, 02:42:35 PM »

So Pat,

Sad to say, some of the people whose names Pastor Dryden released to the internet group, are now going through character assassination themselves because of their statements, by people who knew them "way back when" and have reason to doubt their testimony. His actions of hurt are far more reaching than just "bringing me down."

You going to do the right thing and denounce what Tommy is describing, or are you going to help Tommy's threat become more of a reality?

It is wrong to assassinate the character of the victims of sexual misconduct and child molestation, don't you agree?

That statement by Tommy very clearly comes across to me as an attempt to silence those concerned about his misconduct, rather than an attempt to come clean and apologize and make things right.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Up