Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Garwin McNeilus: Friend or Foe?  (Read 63683 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Re: Garwin McNeilus: Friend or Foe?
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 05:46:52 PM »

Just wanted to add a little tidbit.

I also never heard George Vandeman repeatedly discuss how many years he had been in the ministry (never heard any other preacher for that matter) nor how well his ministry is doing and discussing the name of his program repeatedly ad nauseum. Neither did he discard his wife of many years for a younger filley.

(Just my twist of the truth and rumormongering)

did you think DS was a twin to GVanderman? Of course not. He is his own person and his own personality. This is first grade stuff "guide4him" come on---did you expect DS to be a clone?

For the record for those who are lurking and who may not know, Danny Shelton did NOT "discard" his wife. SHE LEFT HIM FOR ANOTHER MAN.  Just to make sure the truth is understood here.  This is no "twist of the truth" either--it is the REAL TRUTH.

Junebug, that is an out and out lie. Linda did not leave Danny for another man. Linda loved her husband and was faithful to him. Unfortunately, the same could not be said of Danny. Did Linda have Biblical grounds to divorce Danny? Yes. Did she know it at the time. No. It appears that you conform to the Danny Shelton concept of the "REAL TRUTH": continue telling a lie long enough and you hope to fool many people into believing it is true.

Where is your proof, Junebug? Is it just because Danny says so?

countrymouse

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »

"SHE LEFT HIM FOR ANOTHER MAN"

If she left him for another man, where is he? 

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

Junebug,

I am really surprised by your post, however, if you can provide proof that LS is lying and DS is telling the truth, then you could end all this by producing it.  Until the proof is produced, if it even exists, which I doubt, I shall go with what I feel in my heart is the truth in that LS didn't leave DS for another man.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 10:55:42 PM »

I also never heard George Vandeman repeatedly discuss how many years he had been in the ministry (never heard any other preacher for that matter) nor how well his ministry is doing and discussing the name of his program repeatedly ad nauseum. Neither did he discard his wife of many years for a younger filley.

did you think DS was a twin to GVanderman? Of course not. He is his own person and his own personality. This is first grade stuff "guide4him" come on---did you expect DS to be a clone?

For the record for those who are lurking and who may not know, Danny Shelton did NOT "discard" his wife. SHE LEFT HIM FOR ANOTHER MAN.  Just to make sure the truth is understood here.  This is no "twist of the truth" either--it is the REAL TRUTH.

You are absolutely right, DANNY LEE SHELTON IS NO VANDERMAN!!!

Then again, you are absolutely wrong, Linda did not LEAVE DANNY and the evidence clearly demonstrates that he did "DISCARD" his wife of 23 years and he did end up with a young new filly. That is what the evidence demonstrates and YOU cannot point to any evidence produced to refute that eternal truth!!!
But, then again, I would just LOVE IT if you would!!! What a headline for the ENQUIRER!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2008, 06:20:10 AM »

"For the record for those who are lurking and who may not know, Danny Shelton did NOT "discard" his wife. SHE LEFT HIM FOR ANOTHER MAN.  Just to make sure the truth is understood here.  This is no "twist of the truth" either--it is the REAL TRUTH."

Who left who?  The indication as to who left who may be found in who filed for the divorce.  Did Linda file?  Did Danny file?  The person who filed says a lot as to who left who.

NOTE:  It was not Linda who filed for the divorce.

Let us say for the purpose of the arguement that Linda Shelton had committed adultery.

NOTE:  I do not  believe that she did such.  But, for the purpose of the arguement let us say that she had done so.

If Linda Shelton had committed adultery that would have been sin.  It would have been the sin of adultery.  But, it would not have been "leaving her husband [Danny Shelton] for another man" unless she then filed for the divorce.

Folks, married people do commit adultery.  More often than not, those who commit adultery do not leave their marital spouse.  Rather they return to the marriage and attempts are made by both  people to save the marriage.  If the marriage cannot be saved, one of the parties will likely file for a divorce.  It is that party that left the marriage and the other spouse.  One might argue that the leaving party was justifed in doing so.  Regardless, it is that party that left their spouse.

Linda Shelton did not leave Danny for another man regardless of whether or not she committed adultery.  I do not beleive that she committed adultery.

Jack Indabocks

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2008, 06:50:17 AM »

It is my understanding that if one spouse of their own free will moves out and gets another residence then they are the one who left.

Linda purchased a trailer in Carbondale before the divorce was filed in June of 2004.

Johann wrote how he and the Doctor went and looked at it in May of 2004.

Something here does not add up.

Jack Indabocks

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2008, 07:04:55 AM »

Junebug,

I am really surprised by your post, however, if you can provide proof that LS is lying and DS is telling the truth, then you could end all this by producing it.  Until the proof is produced, if it even exists, which I doubt, I shall go with what I feel in my heart is the truth in that LS didn\'t leave DS for another man.

It would probably be fair to post this same thing to Sister as she is claiming Danny had affairS while he and Linda were married.  I have seen no proof of that either. Have you?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2008, 07:27:30 AM »

"It is my understanding that if one spouse of their own free will moves out and gets another residence then they are the one who left.

Linda purchased a trailer in Carbondale before the divorce was filed in June of 2004.

Something here does not add up."

In some States that is the law under the divorce statutes, and when that happens that fact, subject to rebuttal, may be used to say that the one spouse abandoned the other.

My position, and perhaps not well stated that the the person who abandons the marriage is the one who files for divorce.

There are many situations in which a couple will decide to live seperately but to remain married.  In such situations it is not appropriate to say that the one person  has either abandoned the marriage or has left for another man/woman.

To illustrate further:  In many States a divorce proceeding begins with a legal decree that seperates the couple but does not end the marriage.  Later, after a stated period of time, the marriage will only end if one of the parties files an additional action to end the marriage.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »

"For the record for those who are lurking and who may not know, Danny Shelton did NOT "discard" his wife. SHE LEFT HIM FOR ANOTHER MAN.  Just to make sure the truth is understood here.  This is no "twist of the truth" either--it is the REAL TRUTH."

Who left who?  The indication as to who left who may be found in who filed for the divorce.  Did Linda file?  Did Danny file?  The person who filed says a lot as to who left who.

NOTE:  It was not Linda who filed for the divorce.

Let us say for the purpose of the arguement that Linda Shelton had committed adultery.

NOTE:  I do not  believe that she did such.  But, for the purpose of the arguement let us say that she had done so.

If Linda Shelton had committed adultery that would have been sin.  It would have been the sin of adultery.  But, it would not have been "leaving her husband [Danny Shelton] for another man" unless she then filed for the divorce.

Folks, married people do commit adultery.  More often than not, those who commit adultery do not leave their marital spouse.  Rather they return to the marriage and attempts are made by both  people to save the marriage.  If the marriage cannot be saved, one of the parties will likely file for a divorce.  It is that party that left the marriage and the other spouse.  One might argue that the leaving party was justifed in doing so.  Regardless, it is that party that left their spouse.

Linda Shelton did not leave Danny for another man regardless of whether or not she committed adultery.  I do not beleive that she committed adultery.

Bravo, Mr Matthews!!! Outstanding analysis.

Gailon Arthur Joy

guide4him

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »

Johann,
Like I said before. No one of the 3ABN defenders will believe what you say because they will twist and turn the truth to make it a lie.

edited to make the sentence more specific----

Johann

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2008, 09:48:22 AM »

You are absolutely right, DANNY LEE SHELTON IS NO VANDERMAN!!!

Then again, you are absolutely wrong, Linda did not LEAVE DANNY and the evidence clearly demonstrates that he did "DISCARD" his wife of 23 years and he did end up with a young new filly. That is what the evidence demonstrates and YOU cannot point to any evidence produced to refute that eternal truth!!!
But, then again, I would just LOVE IT if you would!!! What a headline for the ENQUIRER!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

This reminds me of a conversation with Danny Shelton before all of this started. Danny was comparing Doug Batchelor with George Vandeman. As far as I recall Danny spoke very highly of Doug Batchelor as the perfect TV speaker whom the viewer could identify with. This was not the case with George Vandeman whose clothing, hairdo, expressions, and everything seemed too perfect for the average TV viewer to identify with. As far as I remember Danny gave this as the reason why he did not use George Vandeman's recordings on 3ABN.

I have never seen George Vandeman on 3ABN, but I have watched him on HOPE - with his vivid presentations of the gospel and the Advent message.

Johann

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2008, 11:39:45 AM »

Johann,
Like I said before. No one of the 3ABN defenders will believe what you say because they will twist and turn the truth to make it a lie.

edited to make the sentence more specific----

This has been my sad experience.

Johann

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »

"It is my understanding that if one spouse of their own free will moves out and gets another residence then they are the one who left.

Something here does not add up."

In some States that is the law under the divorce statutes, and when that happens that fact, subject to rebuttal, may be used to say that the one spouse abandoned the other.

My position, and perhaps not well stated that the the person who abandons the marriage is the one who files for divorce.

There are many situations in which a couple will decide to live seperately but to remain married.  In such situations it is not appropriate to say that the one person  has either abandoned the marriage or has left for another man/woman.

To illustrate further:  In many States a divorce proceeding begins with a legal decree that seperates the couple but does not end the marriage.  Later, after a stated period of time, the marriage will only end if one of the parties files an additional action to end the marriage.

Your clarification is well founded.

Kitty

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2008, 07:43:37 PM »

George Vandeman-too perfect?   He could not help it that he was nice looking and a soft spoken person.   What you saw on TV was the real Pastor Vandeman.  He spoke to me in person in the same  manner that he spoke on his programs.  He was genuine.   We should all have a burden for souls like he did. 

The end is NOW.  Are we ready for the loud cry?   Do we have true faith and a burden to others.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2008, 08:42:38 PM »

We need our own Day of Atonement before we will care about others.

Gailon Arthur Joy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up