Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "The Church Rumor Mill"  (Read 21907 times)

Habanero

Re: "The Church Rumor Mill"
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 11:28:12 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :hot: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 04:28:54 PM »

Jack's back...

...and out of his box...

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 08:47:33 PM »

I'm jes' gong to say this one thing to this here topic. I cannot believe that Danny actually sat downto write(or somebody sat down while he dictated) this book.  But I guess since he used the rumor mill, might just be an expert at how it works. 

This is definitely a whole new scary side of "the Remnant" for me.  It''s like the dark side of the force or soemthing....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:51:45 PM by princessdi »
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 01:24:31 PM »

Maybe Brenda Walsh will get on for free?  She really needs to read it.  She has told some whoppers!

Her slanderous tongue deserves to feel the full weight of a slander and defamation suite, but more than just one person!!! She better have spent her take, else she will most surely have to part with it!!!

Of course the other ooption would be a full and complete confession and request for forgiveness, a foreign concept to the beholders of the "annointed one" under the guise of the "Three Angels"  Broadcasting Nwetwork.
They had a message all right, and it is a blatant bold faced lie!!!

Gailon arthur Joy

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 08:18:14 AM »

I have seen a copy of this book, however, as it belongs to somebody else, I only had a chance to skim through it.   I came across one chapter that spoke negativey about the gossip going on in the internet chat rooms.  I will probably be able to borrow it later on after the person has read it.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2008, 10:44:35 AM »

In reading the whole thread here and 2nd time posting I must say. Gailon, I wished there was more like you especially in the government as maybe someone would have exposed this National Econonmy sooner diverted some of this horrific mess of peoples losses- and to address Child of God. I am whinning for sure because my heart is broken to watch my mother before her passing sacrificing her whole life and gave all she could to the begininng of 3abn each month only to find out it either bought hay for the horses   :horse:  or some fuel for the jet. What kind of indulgences more can you take away from these facts and provide some sort of compensation or appology or take away the hurt in my heart to watch what my mother did without so  this man could abused and use.  How can you take this fact away from my heart. Guess I really do not expect an answer since some are on that side of things. Guess you could call it the liberal side :'(

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 11:07:20 AM »

Hi tinka and welcome to AdventTalk!!

I was touched by your post and your heartache.  Of course no one can change what has happened, but my thought is that you can rejoice in the fact that your Mom was doing what her heart was called to do by her obvious love for Jesus.  Try to ignore the visions of waste and abuse and focus on the joy her gifts brought to our Lord.  When you feel overcome by heartache, try to picture the smile your Mom brought to His beautiful face and the untold joy she will experience when He comes to get her.

Oh, and by the way.  I totally agree with your assessment of Gailon.  The world needs more warriors against evil.

Blessings,

Snoopy

GRAT

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 01:48:56 PM »

Amen!!!!    :amen:   :amen:   :amen:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2008, 08:23:57 PM »

Snoopy and Grat,

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and words. It helps much to think of it that way as I have only been so upset about the waste of much from everyone that gave much as I was astonished by the figures. They always represented as using volunteers and day to day financial need. That alone facts now make a lie. Just that is bad enough.
Just think of this too, IF EGW would not have been so diligent in the Holy Spirit to find true where would Adventist be today that do believe she was the messenger.  Still some only pick out what suits or do not want to hear about a messanger. Even there again are the wheat and tares. I just can't understand the darkness of what some do and hide their sins not having the cover lifted from their eyes to see their wrong. We must all seek truth in order to discern where we are going and who we fellowship with that take our love for them only to use and abuse.  :TY:
Please someone tell me that DB does not go along with these facts, Even if it is not the divorce facts and all the figures of the money. Could he not see the extravagances????
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:32:10 PM by tinka »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2008, 08:33:59 PM »

tinka...

Your mom would be very proud of you!!     :console:

I hope you have a restful Sabbath!

Snoopy

GRAT

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »

tinka...don't look at man, they will disappoint you.  I know, I had a real problem with that letter that DB wrote regarding the IRS thing.  I was sure someone else had written it and used his name.  I was very disappointed!  :scratch:  But he is human with all that comes with it.  Keep your eyes on Jesus.

Johann

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2011, 03:15:49 AM »

What has changed during the years since this was written?

Hey, hey! Don't hound Sam. He is just doing his best to represent 3ABN's Christianity, and he is doing a wonderful job of it. After all, as they represent it Jesus would say "Sue those who speak ill of you. Prosecute those who think badly of you. If someone smites your cheek, don't turn the other cheek, sue them into the poor house and make them wish they had never heard of Christ. If your ethics are questioned blackmail and sue the one who questions you." His Jesus is such a wonderful, forgiving god of litigation it makes me want to evangelize him to the world at the edge of the sword. Long live those 3ABN Jesus suites! May all who disagree with 3ABN and Sam be sued into the ground in the name of their litigious lord and saviour whose love for the world is persecution and law suites.

So don't be implying that he has an axe to grind, as you have done. He is just trying to spread the gospel of Jesus suites, although, he has implied that 3ABN is not quite litigious enough to represent his passion for the spread of christianity.

Speaking out of both sides of your mouth has to be extremely difficult.

I am constantly amazed at how you can mingle smile and play nice-nice with those at 3abn and never say a word about any of this, and then talk about them like dogs on the internet.

Considering your involvement in all this from the beginning, and the axe you have been grinding and helping others to, you would have to think us all very stupid to not be able to see right through your act?

I am just saying...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up