Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Does the Seventh-day Adventist church need 3ABN?  (Read 17213 times)

Stan

Re: Does the Seventh-day Adventist church need 3ABN?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 10:52:35 AM »

I doubt we would have the Hope Channel, etc if 3ABN did not do what they have done. 

The church overall is stronger because of it.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 12:21:33 PM »

I doubt we would have the Hope Channel, etc if 3ABN did not do what they have done. 

That remains to be seen, Stan.

However, I don't believe this is true.  It is more likely to to cause large damage to the church.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 01:12:35 PM »

Unfortuntately, the SDA church(as with most christian denoms, do not have a great track record in this area.  Especially where sexual abuse and/or issues are involved.  I believe at this point that GC is speaking out of both sides of their mouth.  The president is this super conservative guy out to eradicate any signs of "emotional" praise and worship, and any other kind of sin in the world, but he won't step up in this situation.  He is ineffective.  I believe that they are also somewhat relying of the "independent ministry" aspect of this.  however, the church does have a choice with whom they are associated.  So now they can let Danny promote their super conservative  propaganda, while he is on wife number.............and his brother is on trial and is being sued for allowing him to be at 3ABN knowing(I believe it) that he had issues and creating the environment where Alex, and who know who else was molested.    byt on the back side they are worried about some jewelry, meat and demonstrative praise and worship.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »

Unfortuntately, the SDA church(as with most christian denoms, do not have a great track record in this area.  Especially where sexual abuse and/or issues are involved.  I believe at this point that GC is speaking out of both sides of their mouth.  The president is this super conservative guy out to eradicate any signs of "emotional" praise and worship, and any other kind of sin in the world, but he won't step up in this situation.  He is ineffective.  I believe that they are also somewhat relying of the "independent ministry" aspect of this.  however, the church does have a choice with whom they are associated.  So now they can let Danny promote their super conservative  propaganda, while he is on wife number.............and his brother is on trial and is being sued for allowing him to be at 3ABN knowing(I believe it) that he had issues and creating the environment where Alex, and who know who else was molested.    byt on the back side they are worried about some jewelry, meat and demonstrative praise and worship.

Right on, princessdi!

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »

So you call it"super conservative Propaganda" huh!! I don't go along with DS and his actions but...his programing in some aspects are keeping up with fundamental beliefs . Even tho he doesn't and in fact a great confusion for him. Now is your opinion that most agree with --facts or opinions.

Unclean meat will keep you out of heaven according to Isaiah 66.
Jewelry and all its vanity will also keep you out
clean meat can keep you out if your a complete "liberal" in fundamental beliefs and demonstrations
and "who is the demonstrative praise for" a show, people, or what??

God does not need "style" of demonstration when he knows the heart and we are refined into obedience and heartfelt repentance and sacred worship for the Lord alone. What really do you believe in? I know one thing is just a little dab will do some from the "old" wine press.  I think ya all are from California....where they are all on a trip where the purple people eaters are on stage.

lol now that sounds pretty good about as good as the opinionated statements of what conservatives worry about. I worry about the purple people eaters that is taking down the fundamentals and given a sophisticated name of "progressiveness".  It is plain ole blind leading the blind

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 10:21:04 PM »

Stan- How on earth can you say the church is bennifitted by 3ABN when it's ran by Satan? And don't say it isn't. The founder and leader is the brother and former employer of a child molestor. Sorry, but knowingly keeping someone on your payroll who can't keep his sickess under control is NO benefit to the church. Unless you condone such actionsn So which is it Stan?
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 12:46:04 AM »

I really can't see this causing much damage to the church. The church's association with 3abn dies not include management or decision making on the level of hiring and firing. They had nothing to do with Tommy's employment at 3abn. They may distance themselves through statements or more as this progresses, but they have true culpability.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 03:01:51 AM »

Stan said:

Adam, I believe you misunderstood Stan.  As I understand Stan, he was saying that the SDA Church is stronger because it has Hope Channel.  I do not understand Stan to be saying the it is stronger because of 3ABN.

Stan also is saying that he does not think that the SDA Church would have Hope Channel today, as it exists, if it were not for 3-ABN.  IOW, he is suggesting, as I understand him, to say that the SDA Chruch has decided to support Hope Channel to the extent that it is supporting Hope Channel due to the problems that surround 3-ABN.  If I correctly understand Stan, I agree with that position.

I do not suggest that 3-ABN will go out of existance.  I think that it will continue in some manner.  But, I do believe that the present problems of 3-ABN have given birth to Hope Channel in it present form.  I think that many who understand the organizational dynamics of the SDA Chruch, on it highest levels would agree with me.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 04:40:41 AM »

Stan said:

Adam, I believe you misunderstood Stan.  As I understand Stan, he was saying that the SDA Church is stronger because it has Hope Channel.  I do not understand Stan to be saying the it is stronger because of 3ABN.

Stan also is saying that he does not think that the SDA Church would have Hope Channel today, as it exists, if it were not for 3-ABN.  IOW, he is suggesting, as I understand him, to say that the SDA Chruch has decided to support Hope Channel to the extent that it is supporting Hope Channel due to the problems that surround 3-ABN.  If I correctly understand Stan, I agree with that position.

I do not suggest that 3-ABN will go out of existance.  I think that it will continue in some manner.  But, I do believe that the present problems of 3-ABN have given birth to Hope Channel in it present form.  I think that many who understand the organizational dynamics of the SDA Chruch, on it highest levels would agree with me.

Now if this is true, then the existence of Hope Channel is somewhat evidence that the church had concerns.

When did Folkenberg call for the church to have its own network? How soon after that call did things get going?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 09:24:27 AM »

Did Folkenberg call for the church to have its own network?  (I'm asking because I don't know.)

If he did, was it after he tried to bring 3ABN into a closer relationship with the church, but that failed?

Johann

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 10:01:53 AM »

Did Folkenberg call for the church to have its own network?  (I'm asking because I don't know.)

If he did, was it after he tried to bring 3ABN into a closer relationship with the church, but that failed?

"History

"The Hope Channel was launched October 10, 2003 by Adventist Television Network (ATN)

Back in 2004/5 I received material from SDA leaders which seemed to confirm your statements. 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 10:30:37 AM »

I understand he made that appeal at an ASI convention. Gailon can probably tell us more.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »

You know, tinka, I agree with you.  These "dcotrines" are important to the teaching of the SDA church.  However, on a scale when talking about the impact of a ministry meant to reach the world with God's message, I believe meat eating and jewelry low on the totem pole when your employees are running around molesting young men and ruining their lives. 

the parts youare talking about are exactly what keeps the church overlooking the great damage being done undercover.  We have administration at 3ABN that is perverted with multiple spouses, shady financial deals and business practices, and last but not least, at least one accused pedophile.  Not that anyone would e perfect, but what is being done is constantly using them to constantly worry folks about the mote in their eye, and ignoring the log in 3ABN's eye.  If you are going to give them that kind of credit, they you are validating GC's reasoning for keeping 3ABN around.

So you call it"super conservative Propaganda" huh!! I don't go along with DS and his actions but...his programing in some aspects are keeping up with fundamental beliefs . Even tho he doesn't and in fact a great confusion for him. Now is your opinion that most agree with --facts or opinions.

Unclean meat will keep you out of heaven according to Isaiah 66.
Jewelry and all its vanity will also keep you out
clean meat can keep you out if your a complete "liberal" in fundamental beliefs and demonstrations
and "who is the demonstrative praise for" a show, people, or what??

God does not need "style" of demonstration when he knows the heart and we are refined into obedience and heartfelt repentance and sacred worship for the Lord alone. What really do you believe in? I know one thing is just a little dab will do some from the "old" wine press.  I think ya all are from California....where they are all on a trip where the purple people eaters are on stage.

lol now that sounds pretty good about as good as the opinionated statements of what conservatives worry about. I worry about the purple people eaters that is taking down the fundamentals and given a sophisticated name of "progressiveness".  It is plain ole blind leading the blind
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 03:14:25 PM »

You know, The way I see it is that the church did start the Hope Channel, but it ws kind of half-hearted attempt until 3ABN started having troubles.  I think it was that way up until 3ABN showed interest in merging with AF and Doug Bachelor, because they then still had some hope in bringing 3ABN into something like AF.  But with that proposed merge there, I don't know if 3ABN was kidding themselves, the church or both. 

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »

I do not disagree with you.  That iswhy I said  ". . . as it exists. . ." in my statement.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up