Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: No money for Danny's ex-wife Tammy?????  (Read 52438 times)

Pat Williams

Re: No money for Danny's ex-wife Tammy?????
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 10:32:18 AM »

The real question is are they all really "newbies" , I's just askin.   :hamster:

I'm not. I have been posting here for the longest time as 3abn_defender, but I kept getting grief about it so I changed forum name. ( all my old posts are still linked to me in my profile) I'm sorry to have caused confusion.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 11:23:07 AM »

Well I kinda liked the name because it was shortened to 3D, which is actually quite cool.

I'm not. I have been posting here for the longest time as 3abn_defender, but I kept getting grief about it so I changed forum name. ( all my old posts are still linked to me in my profile) I'm sorry to have caused confusion.

GRAT

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 11:31:33 AM »

The real question is are they all really "newbies" , I's just askin.   :hamster:

So, if I google your name will I find out your personal information?

Pat Williams

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »

So, if I google your name will I find out your personal information?

lol  Probably, but I know you would never do that ;)

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 04:30:05 PM »

Hmm, feel pretty proud of myself, I did not know that but I felt all the verbage and same ole same ole characterization was the same as 3d talk and pmailed someone thats what I felt was the same.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 11:52:09 AM »

How can you tell the different 3D's from each other, Tinka?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 12:55:37 PM »

How can you tell the different 3D's from each other, Tinka?

I do not know if I can explain it but it's like you can tell a familiar walk when someone is in the house and you don't see which one of the family it is. You know by there walk. It takes a few times when one posts under a different name, but all of a sudden you match the same verbage and the same characterizations of their intended agendas when they try coming in from different angles. About 2-3 times and then you just know. I am keen on English and a certain way that people write and talk. Di, would not be able to fool me what so ever. When EGW is quoted or a reading is done by a preacher, I know if misquotes are out of context or I know if words are added or taken away or mixed. I very quickly found that the Reformers are top dogs in doing this.  There magazines I actually took and followed word for word and was appalled to what they do. Half of one quote mingled with another to get their point across.  I've read alot and mostly when I read EGW I went into it not so much at first what she wrote but how she wrote. Was she really inspired. Yes, I drew my own conclusion. I read mostly to find out how an author writes. Although, I do not spend much time on my own correct verbage as my day is very busy and even late at night so always in a hurry, I can tell peoples education on how they write. I probably write like no education (laugh) cause I do not take the time. but I can tell that sister is a very good writer, educated from reading and refined. I enjoy reading Gailon when he gets on it. and Bob is very patient but persistant in what he believes and how he delivers. I would be able to tell them right a way and in fact I have sort of thought or wondered if they already come in to post under different name but have not really thought it mattered at this point as their agenda is the same.  and then a new poster that is very conservative in speaking may also sound a lot like Bob. I have not accomplished his patience with some of the idiot stuff they come back on him for. and Johann is always the same, stable, questioning and mind provoking.  I don't believe the Dr. is lying either.  and btw, I know you know what I mean. ?  and then there is the victims, and I hear it with their posts.  3d has had tale tell signs of what we all know. It comes out with the posting which is now called Cindy then there is  Ian. Hmmm

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 02:19:12 PM »

LOL!! I can't stand you for this one, Grat!!!  We know that some are and some aren't.  I was asking the true bewbies, though.

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

childoftheking

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 03:40:04 PM »

One or two with "multiple personalities" trying to seem there are more supporters than there really are?

GRAT

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2010, 03:50:58 PM »

On the lighter side Tinka, when I read your last post I misread the first misquotes as mosquitoes.  I was going WHAT?  (Do you know how hard it is to find a word in the dictionary when you are looking for mas,mes, mis but not mos?)  Also I have noticed in several defender posts that they will make the same grammatical mistake over and over.  Not under tho same name.  Started way back on BSDA and have gone through probably 5 or 6 different names since then.

Di, I figured you were but couldn't resist.  Welcome to all the real newbies.  :purr:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »

On the lighter side Tinka, when I read your last post I misread the first misquotes as mosquitoes.  I was going WHAT?  (Do you know how hard it is to find a word in the dictionary when you are looking for mas,mes, mis but not mos?)  Also I have noticed in several defender posts that they will make the same grammatical mistake over and over.  Not under tho same name.  Started way back on BSDA and have gone through probably 5 or 6 different names since then.

Di, I figured you were but couldn't resist.  Welcome to all the real newbies.  :purr:

lol of Grat, I do that sometimes and sometimes I just make up some of my own words when I get going and they aren't in the dictionary either but I figure there are some ole county women that is old is me and they understand lol.  So I know for sure without doubt that I could not get away with a new name lol. I think I have just had just too many children, so many grandchildren and greatgrandchildren and have to speak in many different era"s. About the only time I speak with adults is some neighbors, front porch visitors and here on the post and at church when I can go. Not in business anymore so that left me a jibbering I guess. But I am seriously thinking of getting back in business with some great ideas. I wished I could find a nice consession stand with grill, refrigeration and something nice --I can set right by my house in a little "No business" around community & 4 corner. middle of town. We are at a place that is Zoned for business and it is a very old time route with tremendous traffic, but my idea can be a first on the market cause nobody else has my recipe. It is a sandwich that my neighbors says that is the best thing they ever tasted and it is not meat. But you can't tell it and it is not made from soy or gluten.A bar owner wanted me to supply him but I won't do it unless I know how it is fixed and put it together under my direction and I won't go there either. When I cook it the smell and aroma floats around our little town. All meat eaters can't tell the difference. I know how to make it as fast food. I have a real catchy name for it too. But who knows what is in store and what the Lord has us doing. 

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 06:52:28 PM »

Tinka, you speak from many eras and I have grown to appreciate and enjoy that. We don't often agree on specifics, but in many ways we agree in principle. I speak from many cultures, countries, and languages, and can understand the wild abandon that sometimes comes with that. I try hard to spell correctly in American English, but my early education and background often overrides, especially in intense moments. So as I watch your writing, I grow to value you more and more. You represent much that no one knows or understands anymore. As an avid student of history, I recognize so much of what I have read and studied as I read what you write... You are like a living treasure trove of history. Don't take that badly. My mom is too. She is 89 years old, 40 some grandkids, and 20 some great grandkids, and a 2nd gen SDA. She grew up living a few doors down from HMS Richards Jr, and as I read what you write, I have to chuckle, because you are waaayyyy to much like my mom.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2010, 08:18:06 PM »

Thank you so much George and it gives me a little more hope for myself as all I wanted was to be a good mom. Sounds as if your mother is much blessed. Believe me with your mother's family she has been given much insight to many patterns to deal with and knows much from much experience. But George, we have had to go through it and your mother being 89 only the body grows tired but not the mind as from all the connected lives given to us has been done evidently under the Lords gifts and the trials of it.  Could we get through it??? God must have chose us to be responsible for many even though we did not think we could get through it but pray every day that we can or could.  I am not so sure that I have withstood all the patterns of life and to deal with them the best but on the other hand your mother and I have been definitely given the experience of it that the only thing we have left to do is pass it on. and soon George it all falls in place even for you (smile) as you get to that place in this short life. Realizing that your pattern is much different in travel, culture, language and background is another gift for you to use and your able to draw from it in future situations. sometimes it is confusing or seems not what you want in life but always the purpose comes along and then you know where God preplanned in your life we just must do to the best of our knowledge. You know George, what I had planned for my life is so different then what I got. lol  I had planned on being a nurse, or a concert pianist.

I had the strangest happening in my life that you may not even believe what I might say but it is so true. When young, I had dreams, dreams that was so real and I still can't believe why this was. I would dream that I played the piano of which I do very little in hymns and easy stuff as I taught myself what I know, but in my dreams I played extremely well in the the concert music. I dreamed every note and wrote all my music and during the dream knew every key and the music was so beautiful and I was so engrossed with it. I knew no time frame other then just playing and enjoying the beauty of music. It was so instilled in me and it was so real. When I hear someone else play it happens again.  Then I woke up and could not remember what I played and wanted that music to be for real and although while playing I knew every note and placed every finger over the keys, I could not understand why I could not go and repeat all that was given in my dreams when I woke. I would go to the piano and...nothing I could not do it.  Never understood this thing but have never forgotten it. I would have just done this and only this. What happened here? I had a Soprano voice and sang, but my throat was injured . My life took other turns and here I am. I learned to love the land, farming, my children, and many days I did not think I could make it. Of course SDA has been big background for me too. My Great Great Grandmother sat on the lap of the Queen of England as my grandparents were missionaries to England 5 generations ago.  

So tired from todays work but this gave me a very good feeling knowing your heart is alert for wanting right things to come and be. My best wishes and prayers for you.

Edited for added thought of 5 generations ago.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:31:19 PM by tinka »

GRAT

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2010, 09:20:21 PM »

lol of Grat, I do that sometimes and sometimes I just make up some of my own words when I get going and they aren't in the dictionary either but I figure there are some ole county women that is old is me and they understand lol.  So I know for sure without doubt that I could not get away with a new name lol. I think I have just had just too many children, so many grandchildren and greatgrandchildren and have to speak in many different era"s. About the only time I speak with adults is some neighbors, front porch visitors and here on the post and at church when I can go. Not in business anymore so that left me a jibbering I guess. But I am seriously thinking of getting back in business with some great ideas. I wished I could find a nice consession stand with grill, refrigeration and something nice --I can set right by my house in a little "No business" around community & 4 corner. middle of town. We are at a place that is Zoned for business and it is a very old time route with tremendous traffic, but my idea can be a first on the market cause nobody else has my recipe. It is a sandwich that my neighbors says that is the best thing they ever tasted and it is not meat. But you can't tell it and it is not made from soy or gluten.A bar owner wanted me to supply him but I won't do it unless I know how it is fixed and put it together under my direction and I won't go there either. When I cook it the smell and aroma floats around our little town. All meat eaters can't tell the difference. I know how to make it as fast food. I have a real catchy name for it too. But who knows what is in store and what the Lord has us doing. 

Wow, that sounds interesting and could be fun.  Sounds like you need a little trailer set up to grill and serve.  You must have a lot of energy.  I am listening to a book and the lady found a sampler that said "It is never too late to be what you could have been". I like that.  I love recipes and cooking.  If you ever feel the need to share your recipe with someone who would not be in competition with you keep me in mind.  Keep posting the voice of reason.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 05:03:12 AM »

I love recipes too, but I also like to create them myself.  Last fall after the garden I decided to do a little old time favorites like a really good carmel corn, turtles, granola with dried fruit, and my daughter took it to the Hospital University where she works and sold it by loads. I was making about a couple of hundred extra in a week. Now this fall they want me to do it again. That is all I could make or my energy could stand lol. The hamburger recipe I am asked for as soon as it's tasted. It is quite unique as I can change it into a steak and gravy, or any kind of taste of some famous sandwiches. I can make a hundred in about 2 hours and freeze  and package them and they are just as good a year later. It tastes better then a hamburger. It is so simple but it also is how you prepare it and cook it. The texture is important too.  If I can get started somehow and established maybe I will send you the recipe cause then I will put a web site. I have been thinking the place also for this would be in the schools for lunches. Children love them even without the bread.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up