Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: No money for Danny's ex-wife Tammy?????  (Read 52234 times)

mrst53

Re: No money for Danny's ex-wife Tammy?????
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »

You're making me hungry... A Godly SDA woman, turned me on to " peanut butter and honey" sandwiches when I was about 4, and I love them to this day. :purr:

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »

You're making me hungry... A Godly SDA woman, turned me on to " peanut butter and honey" sandwiches when I was about 4, and I love them to this day. :purr:

Toasted peanut butter and pickle sandwich....  Yum!!

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »

Snnnooooppppyy,

Peanutbutter and pickles??  :help:    :hot:   :ROFL:

Emma

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2010, 05:47:40 PM »

Another Godly SDA woman, my mother, did the same for me  :)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »

yyyyeeesssss, tinka!!!  My dear mother made them for me, may she rest in peace.  I know it sounds awful, but you really have to try it to understand.  Someday, when you need just a little snack, try it and see if you like it!!

Snnnooooppppyy,

Peanutbutter and pickles??  :help:    :hot:   :ROFL:

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2010, 06:18:22 PM »

Tinka,

I, too, am interested in your burger recipe, if you decide you would like to share your expertise! Right now my favorite sandwich is avocado, tomato and onion sprouts between two pieces of whole wheat toast. On the sprouts I add a little homemade salad dressing. I used to love peanut butter sandwiches, until I developed an allergy to peanuts... I never tried it with pickles.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »

TINKA, TINKA, TINKA! 

Gotta have that recipe!  I want to taste it before the Lord comes to get me/us.  PM me.

I love recipes too, but I also like to create them myself.  Last fall after the garden I decided to do a little old time favorites like a really good Carmel corn, turtles, granola with dried fruit, and my daughter took it to the Hospital University where she works and sold it by loads. I was making about a couple of hundred extra in a week. Now this fall they want me to do it again. That is all I could make or my energy could stand lol. The hamburger recipe I am asked for as soon as it's tasted. It is quite unique as I can change it into a steak and gravy, or any kind of taste of some famous sandwiches. I can make a hundred in about 2 hours and freeze  and package them and they are just as good a year later. It tastes better then a hamburger. It is so simple but it also is how you prepare it and cook it. The texture is important too.  If I can get started somehow and established maybe I will send you the recipe cause then I will put a web site. I have been thinking the place also for this would be in the schools for lunches. Children love them even without the bread.

GRAT

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2010, 09:01:08 PM »

OK, my mom and at least one of my kids likes the PB and Pickles.  My mom used to eat orange, onion and I think PB and Mayo sandwiches.  I have tried, many years ago, it without the PB and it was good.  Sweet and Sour kind of.  I am so curious about your recipe Tinka, can't stop wondering what is in it.

Also no one has mentioned PB and Bananna and mayo sandwiches.  Used to be one of my favorites.

Edited to add last line as no one else had posted yet.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:37:02 PM by GRAT »

Emma

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2010, 01:05:45 AM »

Peanut butter, banana and an Aussie substance called Marmite works well too :)

Johann

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2010, 02:03:18 AM »

Marmite is no longer available in Iceland

Emma

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2010, 02:25:27 AM »

You would probably have had the English version anyway, not quite the same.

I can always send you some if you like it  :rabbit:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2010, 04:44:13 AM »

Christian, and others

This is my response to a personal message and I hope Cristian you don't mind me copying it to shorten my time to reply.  But I will tell you all the tricks of preparing. There is only 4 equal ingredients. It is very simple ingredients. But it took me several years to think what I could do to get all uniform and easy to fry with good taste.  Also I will tell you how I make sausage. But the ingredients I made for the hamburger.

Thank you so much for your mail. You would not believe my recipe cabinet. lol, I know my daughters of 4 and very close granddaughters are watching that cabinet closely. My hamburger recipe they all want. My children ran into my grandchildren in ages and they are more like brothers and sisters instead of aunts and uncles. Now talk about a situation as they all vie for place and that has been one hard job to keep no one more then the other priority down. So that particular recipe I keep under wraps for me only for time being. Even the granddaughter-in-laws are hoping for it. The one granddaughter-in law is sort of forcing the issue for her husband to get the stand but...I see whats coming from that.  I am not being selfish as I don't think one should go with it above the others  but if I do it they can all share it. If I can't make this go soon as my age is definitely coming up. The recipe book is a great idea but somehow I want this other to go. I have thought about just contacting the McD's or fast food places but not sure at the moment how I should plan. I would like my children to all have something since the SDA (we took on as partners in the beginning), and gov. political mess(that it led to) that downed us from our other business that our children and grandchildren would have been very secure for many many years. We are trying so hard to do something to leave them as all their work was in vain in their youth. We are just sick about it. They were such good kids and they see what we taught them did not work so yes, my husband and I are sad and brokenhearted. But I am determined to do something about it and with the Lords help maybe. But on other hand I see greater things happening that maybe we won't have to worry anymore. The Blessed coming. IF I can get it going I will let my new friends on posts look at web and see where I am at and as long as I can get it started then it makes no difference if I give it out later.  I want to get a name established and of which I have already. and vendors licence.  I hope I can do it by this fall or early spring. Thanks again for your mail.  I suppose I should go to the recipe thread and post there some info so I don't get into trouble here.

But oh my, I cannot believe how some of you make your sandwiches. I might add that I never ate a peanut butter sandwich. But I love nuts in and out of everything.  . I can only eat maybe a slice of pickle on something just once in a while. Never ate cucumbers, for some reason the taste is just horrible.  Guess I will have to go find the recipe thread on here.

childoftheking

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2010, 05:14:48 AM »

Peanut butter, dill pickle and onion. I agree with Snoopy. Delish!

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2010, 11:24:19 AM »

2 slices of good bread,
1 slice spread with Miracle Whip/Noynaise
1 slice spread with Peanut Butter (Natural)
Fill with a good helping of dark Leaf Lettuce

mum-mum-good!

Emma

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2010, 02:02:57 PM »

Looks like this thread is extolling the virtues of peanut butter  :D

Apple sauce with peanut butter on toast is good too.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up