Theology Category > Doctrinal Discussions

Is the Sabbath a 'test of loyalty'?

<< < (2/2)

Chrissie:

--- Quote from: RedFalcon on April 21, 2008, 12:38:34 PM ---Christ said "The sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath."
The sabbath was meant to be a blessing to us. A day to stop our labors and come apart to be with God and our fellow believers. If God had not done this we would be working 7 days a week with no rest at all. I for one am very thankful for that one day of rest at the end of a hard week.

--- End quote ---

I LOVE Sabbath and don't even answer the phone if/when it rings. If it's an emergency, my family knows how to contact me otherwise, calls go through to 'message bank', which can be answered in my time. I look forward to each Sabbath so much.

Maxey:

--- Quote from: RedFalcon on April 21, 2008, 12:38:34 PM ---Christ said "The sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath."
The sabbath was meant to be a blessing to us. A day to stop our labors and come apart to be with God and our fellow believers. If God had not done this we would be working 7 days a week with no rest at all. I for one am very thankful for that one day of rest at the end of a hard week.

--- End quote ---

Sabbath observance, rest and regeneration, is a huge blessing that all could benefit from.  I would like to cast my vote for two Sabbaths per week.

Maxey

peaches:
Yes the Sabbath is a test of ones loyalty.  Nevertheless, many who are not keeping Sabbath will be permitted to enter into heaven. 

inga:

--- Quote from: peaches on April 23, 2008, 11:42:07 AM ---Yes the Sabbath is a test of ones loyalty.
--- End quote ---
Always?

What about those who have never heard of any "Sabbath" except Sunday?

--- Quote ---  Nevertheless, many who are not keeping Sabbath will be permitted to enter into heaven. 

--- End quote ---
Even if they are tested and found to be disloyal? :dunno:

Johann:
Somewhere Ellen White ties Religious Liberty in with some of the final events, as if that also could be a test. It appears as if the late pope somehow tied Seventh-day Adventists in with those granting the individual too much religious liberty because we teach each individual has to make the final decision if we want to be saved or not.

Although a different issue, this reminds me of a letter I saw the other day written by a Pentecostal on the Ten Commandments. He admits Pentecostals in the past have mainly dealt with man's relationship with God and extraordinary tokens of this relationship. Therefore they have not dealt so much with doctrines and the Commandments as such. In one aspect he feels Pentecostals have adhered to the Protestant rendition of the Ten Commandments by not having any images in their sanctuaries. In stead of paintings and graven images they post Scripture passages where they gather for worship.

His letter was written in private correspondence as an answer to a question how the Pentecostals divide the Commandments, like the Catholics or the Reformers. He stated that personally he preferred the division of the Reformers, although the Pentecostals have never made a declaration on this question.

Who knows what will happen when this question becomes a question of loyalty to the Creator? Will that be a mere question of Sabbath or Sunday, or will it be a question of full loyalty and acceptance of the pure Gospel of Christ, which includes real Sabbath observance?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version